Show off your new tools!!!

durallymax

Apr 26, 2008
Under The Hood
Aside from stripper scent, the others just dont work. Oh well. Not a huge loss. Stripper scent will last a week or two but if not sprayed at the right ratio along eith the lovely farm smells, it can get interesting and smell worse sometimes. Guess it may be back to black ice trees.

durallymax

Apr 26, 2008
Under The Hood
I've been needing to get the pad washer bucket also! Let me know how it works out!

Its been working good I think. Like I said, I like doing this stuff but only when I knoe ive made it as easy as possible. Pad washer definatley does that. I feel its maybe priced steep for nothibg more than a bucket with 4 plastic mechanical squirters and a grit gaurd but oh well. It works.

catman3126

Ehhh?.... You don't say?
Jul 24, 2012
NE Oregon
whats the best Christmas tree fastener removal tool to buy? I hate those things and I want the tool to remove them right.

catman3126

Ehhh?.... You don't say?
Jul 24, 2012
NE Oregon
Bearingpuller.jpg
bearingpuller1.jpg

Got this yesterday froms Randy's ring and pinion and it works awesome. pulled the bearings off the carrier like it was nothing.

Attachments

• Bearingpuller.jpg
    Bearingpuller.jpg
    195.3 KB · Views: 85
  • bearingpuller1.jpg
    bearingpuller1.jpg
    194.7 KB · Views: 79

catman3126

Ehhh?.... You don't say?
Jul 24, 2012
NE Oregon
445 $ but I get them cheaper through my shop business. This thing os a real time saver especially if your doing a diff that has the shims under the bearings. So of your taking them on and off a few times it will really save time. And will also do the pinion bearing on smaller diffs. It would do it on this diff because it is a dana 80. But was able to get lower bearing of easy.

durallymax

Apr 26, 2008
Under The Hood
A tool in its own way, got a GoPro Hero3 last night and a few accessories for it.

I dont do a ton of action sports, I plan to use it for the farm to make some neat videos with it mounted to equipment. Starting to become a trend and the videos turn out really neat. A few people are starting to put them on tri copters to fly them around during harvest. Makes a neat video. Were midway through our first cuyting of hay but Im hoping I can get some video with it before this crop is over.

Trying to think of a secure but humane way to mount it to a cow. I think a "day in the life of a cow" video with time lapse when needed would be neat.

I got the LCD bacpack because I figured it would save a lot of time if I can just aim the shot perfect right away. The wifi remote should be nice since I wont really ever be wearing it. They werent kidding about that suction cup mount being strong. They rate it for 150mph. I stuck it to the table and couldnt make it budge with quite a bit of force.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1370355508676.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1370355508676.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 68

chevyburnout1

Fixing it till it breaks
Aug 25, 2008
Berthoud, CO
I just picked up a Hero3 as well. Slick setups. Love the Wifi remote/smartphone app. I like being able to see what it see's with just my phone.

MadMaxx61

Devilmaxx
Oct 13, 2008
Windsor, Ont, Canada
A tool in its own way, got a GoPro Hero3 last night and a few accessories for it.

I dont do a ton of action sports, I plan to use it for the farm to make some neat videos with it mounted to equipment. Starting to become a trend and the videos turn out really neat. A few people are starting to put them on tri copters to fly them around during harvest. Makes a neat video. Were midway through our first cuyting of hay but Im hoping I can get some video with it before this crop is over.

Trying to think of a secure but humane way to mount it to a cow. I think a "day in the life of a cow" video with time lapse when needed would be neat.

I got the LCD bacpack because I figured it would save a lot of time if I can just aim the shot perfect right away. The wifi remote should be nice since I wont really ever be wearing it. They werent kidding about that suction cup mount being strong. They rate it for 150mph. I stuck it to the table and couldnt make it budge with quite a bit of force.

I have the Black Hero 3 it is great. I got the bigger clip on battery back. If you are shooting in 1080 or 1440 it eats the little one in the cam fast.

durallymax

Apr 26, 2008
Under The Hood
Got another MF order. Going to use these green 600gsm ones for rinseless washes using the "Gary Dean" method. The pink ones I got to see if I would like them as a cheap towel to wipe away aluminum polish and such, I must have missed that they were only 12x12. They are the same thing we use for milking cows. Not much more expensive though. Going to double check our prices and maybe end up geyting the farm towels in large quantities from microfiber tech.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1370476064556.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1370476064556.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 48

durallymax

Apr 26, 2008
Under The Hood
Got a good deal today. Went in to buy 200 more slicer discs and the welding supply store had a special, buy 400 slicers, get a 4.0ah Metabo Grinder with 3 batteries, charger, bag and sample of their combinator wheels (cutting and light grinding free. Yes free. So you can guess what I did haha. Can't wait to try this thing out. I see they have a 5.2ah one now so maybe they are trying to clean out old stock? It appeared to be a Metabo special as it was all boxed up professionally by Metabo and labeled as the special.