Show off your new tools!!!

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
BurnDown, a couple of Cat's engineers were here yesterday, I forgot to mention they torqued the bolts too tight but if I run into them again I will make sure to put in your 2c.:thumb:
Just walk up to them and slap the lips off there face & Travis to:thumb:
I would rather have a customer call and cuss me because a bolt was to tight and a sob to get out, than have a bolt fall out cause I was a tenderfoot and used a torque wrench. Take em right to the point of snapping and bump it one more time:D

Which leads to my new purchase, new snappy MG1250 and my little 1/2 drift pin punch. That impact is an animal! If someone works behind you they better have the same gun or a stout 1":woott:

Vinny has something for you;)
I am really on the hunt for a snap on L78. If anyone has a line on one, let me know.

Here's a pic for reference

I might know of such a critter shoot me a pm and we can discuss:hug:

durallymax

Apr 26, 2008
Under The Hood
:roflmao: I'm guessing that's a car wash of some sorts?

That's a real nice detail system you have, even the detail shop I worked at years ago paled in comparison to what you got goin on:thumb: I'm jealous, in a healthy way:D

Yes the blue beacon truck was chain, commonly known as the streakin beacon.

My old collection was made up of auto parts store stuff which worked but didnt make it much fun.

BBankDmax

Mar 24, 2013
Mchenry IL (815)
Cordless are nice but most of the stuff I work on was tightened by the hand of god...:D
These 2 gems made me a fan of Snap On air tools. Before this series you couldn't give me one... Besides there Metallic Blue, the best F-ing color on the planet:spit:
blueimpact_zps53aecdb4.jpg

blue38impact_zps27e48b9d.jpg

i have the exact same gun same color too

z79outlaw

Apr 20, 2007
Salem WI
Snap on o-ring pick set, which will work great for trim piece disassembly, and body clip pliers, can't believe i did buy these years ago.
20130427_204651_zps3fb43f1a.jpg

05chevy

Jun 10, 2010
3/4 and 3/8 mac impacts.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1367287367546.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1367287367546.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 74

Alliance1289

Apr 26, 2011
Hate to admit it.... but of all the snap on tools I own, this little guy takes the cake. Short flexhead 3/8 drive. This thing is a godsend!

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1367347612942.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1367347612942.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 123

05chevy

Jun 10, 2010
Everybody on here has to be getting some kind of new tools they want to show off. Post them up, doesnt matter what they are or where they came from. Just a thread for those who like tools.

I'll kick it off, finally got back to buying a few more tools again after buying and remodeling a house. I'm a little obsessed with German engineering and quality and Knipex supports my beliefs fully. Never thought I could have so much fun reading through 200 pages of pliers in their catalog.

I already have some of their cutters for various things and a handful of their dedicated precision snap ring pliers as well as their full line of pliers wrenchs, but today my latest order showed up. All but the smallest Cobra self locking water pump pliers (The "king" cobras are 22"), as well as their largest straight internal and external snap ring pliers( a little over 12" long, up to 7" shaft capacity). Of course these showed up today when last night i couldve used them for assembling a C1/C2 hub.

I also picked up two Metabo angle grinders. A 4 1/2" quick change grinder and 9" grinder. Very smooth and comforrable.

Only have a pick of the new pliers, once i get the drawer reorganized again ill put up a pic.

where do you get all your knipex stuff from?

Alliance1289

Apr 26, 2011
I know a bunch of you guys probably own these... but I just got one this morning :)

Makes life much easier when doing 6.0 head gasket jobs with the cab off!

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1367489346460.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1367489346460.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 93

02CCSB

Built
May 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Canada
Just arrived yesterday, brand new custom built transmission tear down/rebuild bench.

9' long, 3' deep, 1/4" plate steel, dual drains, 3/4 chipboard underneath to deaden sound, powder coated red... the crown jewel to my shop...

bench2.jpg

durallymax

Apr 26, 2008
Under The Hood
Nice! A nice tranny bench has been on my shortlist, just need some time to build it.

Didn't really get more "tools" but got more detailing stuff, have a bunch of Microfiber Towels on the way from Microfiber tech and I broke down and bought the Grit Gaurd pad washer when Autogeek was doing their 15% off sale. Both should be here Monday. The pictures below came over the past week.

TufBuf Black Lambswool pads

20130428_184529.jpg

Leatherique, this stuff really revives even the worst leather, but it takes some time for it to work its magic.

20130429_175405.jpg

More scent's from Chemical Guys. The Pina Colada, Watermelon and Honeydew smell great (they smell like real fruit), the Mangocello is okay as well, the New Car Scent and Leather are interesting. None of these seem to last more than a day no matter how liberally sprayed. At $7 per bottle I am not too butt hurt that some didn't work out. I already had Stripper Scent and decided to get these to mix it up a bit, but it looks like I'll be ordering a gallon of stripper scent anyways. Everybody around here likes it and it lasts a couple weeks.

20130430_085359.jpg

If you are looking for an air freshener, I would suggest the Stripper Scent, it's pretty good stuff.

Stripper Scent

StripperScentPremiumAirFreshenen-3.jpg

And my order that came in yesterday, more Menzerna. FG400 cuts fast and finishes nicely, looking forward to trying it, hoping Power Finish works out to be a good mild one step polish. Ultima Waterless Wash makes life nice not needing any water for washing.

20130501_124845.jpg

durallymax

Apr 26, 2008
Under The Hood
Order that came in last week from AG. I was on the fence about the pad washer but the 15% off special roped me in. Got a couple other things from them as well and my first order of Microfiber towels from Microfiber Tech came in.

20130507_195708.jpg

Today my 2nd order of Microfiber towels from them came in. I was impressed with my first order so I got more, they just came out with a new 600gsm towel and now have a 700gsm as well. They added them 2 days after my first order. So I got 9 of each of those and a 10 pack of some 360gsm's. Never can have enough MF towels.

Also got in my Amazon order. A new full face 3M Ultimate FX respirator for metal polishing. Really like it, fits nice, can't wait to try it out. Have our entire new trailer to polish, could be a good test.

I liked my Wiha Magic Ring Metric Allen Ball drivers so I got the SAE set. Also got the Magic ring Torx and the ball headed torx. I had never seen ball headed torx, interested to see how they work.