Show off your new tools!!!

durallymax

Apr 26, 2008
Under The Hood
Got some more Knipex. I finally rounded out my Precision snap ring pliers set, I really only have a few other pliers I'd like from them at this point, time to move onto upgrading/adding to other areas. As always all of the new ones are top notch. Love the conduit cutter as well as the wire rope cutter.

Reorganized the drawer too, still a little more room for a couple others haha.

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
Got some more Knipex. I finally rounded out my Precision snap ring pliers set, I really only have a few other pliers I'd like from them at this point, time to move onto upgrading/adding to other areas. As always all of the new ones are top notch. Love the conduit cutter as well as the wire rope cutter.

Reorganized the drawer too, still a little more room for a couple others haha.

Vinny, I would take great pleasure in rearranging that drawer for you, when you weren't looking:lildevil: JK looks great!

catman3126

Ehhh?.... You don't say?
Jul 24, 2012
NE Oregon
20130820_202247.jpg

Decide to get the best ball joint press I could buy. not cheap but looks like a great tool looking forward to using it.

Attachments

• 20130820_202247.jpg
    20130820_202247.jpg
    200.8 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:

squeaky3

Jan 20, 2013
Pontiac, IL
just picked this beauty up today from the matco guy, new maximus touch screen tablet style scan tool, was pricey but it can do a lot of stuff to just about every make, will be nice to have especially working on any of the foreign stuff

also picked up a new blue matco tool cart to have in the garage at home, will be nice to have all my tools in one place for once, ill get a pic of it tomorrow

durallymax

Apr 26, 2008
Under The Hood
Filled up a couple of my screwdriver drawers with some new Wiha's. First pic is phillips/slotted. Purple ones are all Microfinish. Most are heavy duty. A few of the red are just softfinish drivers that they didn't have in Microfinish. The red ones with red shafts are screwholding. They're badass. They physically clamp the screw.

This drawer is all Torx. Blue handles are Torx Plus, half of the red handles are screw holding torx and the other half are ball headed torx. The stubby has torx bits in the end of it. The L keys are in an ergostar holder.

DieselmafiaLLY

Keep Calm and Go Crazy
Apr 6, 2013
Ontario, Canada
got this not too long ago, soo handy compared to an air gun

soo lately I've been having issues with batteries on this gun, went through two in one year due to faulty ones. Has anyone else had similar issues or any advice? If another fails im gonna get an IR or matco....
attachment.php

cat_dr.

Feb 20, 2013
Jackson,Al
I've had mine for 3 or 4 yrs going on the same 2 batteries and it get used somewhat regularly. Mine doesn't have the same batteries yours does though

Roll Tide!

durallymax

Apr 26, 2008
Under The Hood
bump anyone? wanna see if this is a bigger issue with this gun before I talk to my snapon guy tom to see what he says

Havent heard too many complaints about them. Theyre still under warranty arent they?.

Speaking of cordless tools, I just ordered a new Metabo BS LTX 18 Brushless "Quick" drill/driver with charger and two of Metabos new 5.2ah batteries. Thing sounds like it will be kickass. I also ordered the Metabo LTX Cirxular Saw and Metabo LTX Reciprocating Saw bare tools.

Our DeWalt 18v ni-cad stuff is getting tired and simply outdated. Ive been going round and round the past year trying to decide what brand to switch to. No one single brand is the best in every area. DeWalt just doesnt impress me at all anymore. So I was between Bosch and Milwaukee. Milwaukee offered a more diverse line but I liked the Bosch stuff a little better even though they wont bring their nicest cordless tools across the pond. After talking to some buddies they got me hooked on Hitachi drivers as being veey good in that category. I also knew Hilti was good as well. Then I got that Metabo 18v grinder kit free with 400 cutoff wheels. That thing is a beast and Metabo being German just kinda lured me in. Im thinking itll be a good fit. I have a good local Metabo dealer which helps too.

durallymax

Apr 26, 2008
Under The Hood
Well got my Metabo stuff in but I was a little disappointed they dontbhave the brushless in thr US afterall. Nor do they seem to have the 5.2ah batteries in the US. They actually only had two of the drill I got at the Metabo USA warehouse, its an LTX with quick change chuck so you can attach a 90* adapter, 3:1 torque multiplier or 1/4" quick change hex, if you just leave the chuck off it alao has a magnetic hex inside it, the drill also has their impulse feature which pulses the motor to help start screws and drilk holes. Figures though, damn Germans always keep the nice stuff for themselves. Bosch does it too. Fendt keeps their 939 over there and only lets us buy an 933. They also do 60kph over there butbonly 50kph here.

T
I havent gotten much time with them yet bytbwill be using them today for a lot of projects.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1380984010096.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1380984010096.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 69

Darius6t9

I'm the Floater. Lurking.
Aug 23, 2008
Rusk, Tx. Again
Nice find Rob. All the pawn shops around here focus on carpentry tools. Hardly find Mechanic tools at all. And when you do they want an arm and a leg for it. Found a small mac air impact gun at one. I already have one just like it. I payed about $350 for it. Pawn shop wanted $400 for a used one.

TexasRob

Dec 19, 2012
Canyon Lake Texas
Nice find Rob. All the pawn shops around here focus on carpentry tools. Hardly find Mechanic tools at all. And when you do they want an arm and a leg for it. Found a small mac air impact gun at one. I already have one just like it. I payed about $350 for it. Pawn shop wanted $400 for a used one.

Me and my wife are pawn shop junkies.:D we have a circuit of shops we hit almost every weekend but we rarely find anything good. Every now and then though we do. I picked this set up for $300. which I thought was a steel.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
$300 for all those wrenches is a great deal. Those big snap on wrenches are expensive on the truck.

DieselmafiaLLY

Keep Calm and Go Crazy
Apr 6, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Havent heard too many complaints about them. Theyre still under warranty arent they?.

Speaking of cordless tools, I just ordered a new Metabo BS LTX 18 Brushless "Quick" drill/driver with charger and two of Metabos new 5.2ah batteries. Thing sounds like it will be kickass. I also ordered the Metabo LTX Cirxular Saw and Metabo LTX Reciprocating Saw bare tools.

Our DeWalt 18v ni-cad stuff is getting tired and simply outdated. Ive been going round and round the past year trying to decide what brand to switch to. No one single brand is the best in every area. DeWalt just doesnt impress me at all anymore. So I was between Bosch and Milwaukee. Milwaukee offered a more diverse line but I liked the Bosch stuff a little better even though they wont bring their nicest cordless tools across the pond. After talking to some buddies they got me hooked on Hitachi drivers as being veey good in that category. I also knew Hilti was good as well. Then I got that Metabo 18v grinder kit free with 400 cutoff wheels. That thing is a beast and Metabo being German just kinda lured me in. Im thinking itll be a good fit. I have a good local Metabo dealer which helps too.

yes it is but pisses me off that Ive gone through 2 battery's in two years on a 650$ impact that I don't even use once a week...

durallymax

Apr 26, 2008
Under The Hood
Very nice deal. When I bought my wrenches I just assumed the bigger the set you got the better the deal you got so I bought the Metric set to 36mm and the SAE set to 1 5/8". Then a year later realized I saved $2 or so over buying them individually. O well I actually do use the big ones a lot and they really are nice to use compared to cheapies but I still call it my biggest drawer of shame.

TexasRob

Dec 19, 2012
Canyon Lake Texas
Very nice deal. When I bought my wrenches I just assumed the bigger the set you got the better the deal you got so I bought the Metric set to 36mm and the SAE set to 1 5/8". Then a year later realized I saved $2 or so over buying them individually. O well I actually do use the big ones a lot and they really are nice to use compared to cheapies but I still call it my biggest drawer of shame.

That is a nice set and even nicer box :thumb: Maybe one day I'll be able to get my collection up that far. but snap on tools are usually out of my price range. I only pick them up when I find a deal at a pawn shop or flea market. until then I'll keep a firm grip on all my Craftsman tools.

Darius6t9

I'm the Floater. Lurking.
Aug 23, 2008
Rusk, Tx. Again
I still say Snap-on is overrated. other than being good knob I mean tool polishers. I'll take my German stuff anyday.

I agree. But on some VERY SMALL occasions, They have some tools that you just can't get anywhere else. And in my case, would help make a job or 2 so much easier and quicker. But I have only found one of their tools that fit that bill so far.