Seriously?

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
I use two straps up front, each around a lca, and two in rear, each looped around the axle. This may not be "correct" but it's never given me an issue...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's how I brought my truck home when it broke down except I used chains not straps. Had no wheel straps. 750 miles at 75 mph and it was solid. Cross chained at the axle, each front LCA with its own chain to the sides of the trailer.

How Adam had his chains in the 2nd picture is considered 2 tie down points and legal.

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
On another note why do you guys cover your plates in pics, on TV, etc in the US?

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Does anyone who isn't Facebook friends with me care to guess where I found this freeze plug?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 237

DMAXchris

It’s only temporary!
Apr 28, 2009
Natrona Heights PA
On another note why do you guys cover your plates in pics, on TV, etc in the US?

Ive always wondered the same thing. Makes no sense considereing you see hundreds of license pates per day while driving around. Maybe they're fugitives. Lol.

c20elephant

C20ELEPHANT
Apr 25, 2013
Phoenix, Arizona

Ive always wondered the same thing. Makes no sense considereing you see hundreds of license pates per day while driving around. Maybe they're fugitives. Lol.

Privacy.... :confused: Why dont we use our real names on here?

On a different note although having to do with license plates. Here in Arizona you either have to be law enforcement, courts, MVD or a licensed private investigator to obtain ownership information via a license plate.

Here is the rub that was announced last night on the news, the state attorney general (Arizona) has brought forth some interesting allegations. The companies that contract to the state, counties and cities for speed, red light cameras ARE NOT licensed private investigators but have had access to this information to issue tickets on behalf of the state, county or city for speeding etc. It's going to get real interesting here in Arizona in the months and years to come......

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
^^^Inquiring minds would like to know...:)
There is one in both sides of the back of the block where the coolant enters it from the flywheel housing. I thought the gear was spun off the water pump, but no, it's just a total cooling system blockage.

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
There is one in both sides of the back of the block where the coolant enters it from the flywheel housing. I thought the gear was spun off the water pump, but no, it's just a total cooling system blockage.

Flip back through Simon's first Abby motor 6 or 7 years ago. His builder said he was missing some frost plugs and had to buy a couple extra. Turned out to be the same thing.

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
So was the engine just rebuilt and they couldn't figure out why it was hot so you got to look at it?

Huh?
Do you cover it up when you drive around town too?

Sometimes:secret: How is driving around town anything like being on a social media site? Years ago the net was private no FB etc. Everyone covered up their plates and used alias. Then you had some privacy now days it probably not worth while so much. Im sure there are things you don't put on the net. Why don't you? Its the same reason some dont want their plate number known.

Last edited:

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
How is it different? If I want to do something with your plate it's just as easy when it's in your driveway, parking lot, driving as in one pic on the Web.
The amount of people that have access to it that could even do something with it is so small I just don't see the point. FWIW, I'd be more concerned with someone flat out just stealing it.

Personal things people don't put on the net are vastly different from something like a license plate that is registered with the government, is on every vehicle, and hardly something that needs to be kept private IMO.
If your that paranoid you should probably just take the bus, or wear a paperbag over your head all the time so nobody knows whose driving it as well as a tinfoil hat so the government can't read your thoughts or brainwash you.

Here's my plate. Do with it what y'all want.
341d1f92b90d8c97979720a562c64281.jpg

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
How is it different? If I want to do something with your plate it's just as easy when it's in your driveway, parking lot, driving as in one pic on the Web.
The amount of people that have access to it that could even do something with it is so small I just don't see the point. FWIW, I'd be more concerned with someone flat out just stealing it.

Personal things people don't put on the net are vastly different from something like a license plate that is registered with the government, is on every vehicle, and hardly something that needs to be kept private IMO.
If your that paranoid you should probably just take the bus, or wear a paperbag over your head all the time so nobody knows whose driving it as well as a tinfoil hat so the government can't read your thoughts or brainwash you.

I agree completely and have often wondered why people go to the trouble.

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course

Here's my plate. Do with it what y'all want.

WTF is your deal are you trying to start an argument? I gave you my opinion on why some people cover up there plates and why I did years ago. I dont get why your playing passive aggressive with me.

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
And I gave you mine so chill the f out.