Seriously?

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
What kinda power you throwing at it?

485 rwhp, it comes on fast though and stays there! It's sideways as much as it is straight. I've got parts for top end just need time, then overdrive pulley install and smaller drive pulley and it should be party time!

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Dam, that is something I would put on my fridge ice maker not a brake line. Maybe if I was stuck in the middle of nowhere and thats all I had but not for long. Not DOT legal by any means

This is how gm fixed my front brake line on my LBZ. Under warranty. Ran like that for 10 years.

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Im going to have to have a little talk with my daughter after this one...

Replacing struts on her 03 Grand Prix. Job#1
Notice the mufflers are rusted out at the seams. Job#2
Get that done, move to front.

Passenger side, CV boot leaking grease. Job#3
Lower control arm bushings are shot. Job#4
Drivers side axle literally separates at the inner CV. Job#5
Lower control arm on that side has...you guessed it...worn out bushings. Job#6

This car is going to be brand freaking new by the time Im done.

Trimox

Aug 31, 2017
Daughter's first word might be mommy but their favorite words after that are "Daddy will fix it". :rofl:

TheBac

Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Well, it runs perfect, doesnt leak oil or burn coolant...so spending $800 on parts is still better than $6000 on a new-er car. Im just so tired of working on vehicles. My knees and back hate me right now.

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
Looks like you failed on the "pass down the knowledge to your offspring" tradition. Now you are taking the toll :poke:

TheBac

Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Dude, if my daughter could do the work, she would do the work. College, studying, work and pom take priority to her. She's knows enough not to get ripped off by shops, and thats fine with me.

But this wasnt a conversation on "how we raise our children to be mechanics" was it? I was commenting on how one thing led to another with her car and how Im getting too old to do this stuff.

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
Dude, if my daughter could do the work, she would do the work. College, studying, work and pom take priority to her. She's knows enough not to get ripped off by shops, and thats fine with me.

But this wasnt a conversation on "how we raise our children to be mechanics" was it? I was commenting on how one thing led to another with her car and how Im getting too old to do this stuff.

I was just trying to poke some fun at you. I didn't mean to offend you. If I was out of line I am sorry