September '24 Chat -- School's In!

lutzjk913

May 5, 2010
groveport, ohio
If I’m on the north end of Columbus and have to go through zanesville I’ll normally take 16 out to 146 just for a change of pace.

PureHybrid

Isuzu Shakes IT
Feb 15, 2012
Central OH
Been past frazeyburg a bunch. Don’t know where the dirt track is though. lol
On 16 East, take the Raiders Rd exit into FBurg, turn right (South) onto State Street, that takes you out of town, dead ends onto SR60, take a right and the dirt track is less than a mile. SR60 runs straight into Zanesville. That route runs by my house, but taking 16 straight to 60 through Dresden would be the other option. 146 isn't bad but there's usually slow traffic and limited places to pass.

Where are you heading when going through Zanesville?

lutzjk913

May 5, 2010
groveport, ohio
On 16 East, take the Raiders Rd exit into FBurg, turn right (South) onto State Street, that takes you out of town, dead ends onto SR60, take a right and the dirt track is less than a mile. SR60 runs straight into Zanesville. That route runs by my house, but taking 16 straight to 60 through Dresden would be the other option. 146 isn't bad but there's usually slow traffic and limited places to pass.

Where are you heading when going through Zanesville?

Depends. Sometimes to my buddy’s junkyard. It’s just junk it off 70.

Our oldest lives in Philo now so we are out there quite often as well

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Friggin' Lions won. WTF? 4 minutes to go, Goff throws INT, so I went to bed. I guess I still have some old Lions fan's traits I have to change.

kidturbo

Piston Tester
Jul 21, 2010
Somewhere On The Ohio
www.marinemods.us
We upgraded to a short bus a while back :cool:

Sign coming into town says Lock 17 of the Ohio canal, but by this it says Lock 20. Although they claim locks carried different numbers throughout its history

Back when we had the first Duramax boat, I had this grand plan one day to see how far up your way I could get on the Muskingum river. The answer was, not even into the first lock chamber. Maybe in the spring with some good water flow, or on a flats boat with a jack plate today. But when I attempted it, the old Bravo lower unit was chunking rocks before I ever got to the gate.

That's a cool old canal map.. Probably last used for navigation was when these boats were the primary mode of transportation going up that way. Now they just drag race these old boats at the mouth of the river every year. Like watching paint dry... LOL
Marietta Ohio Sternwheeler Festival 2024

20240907_214943.jpg

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
Back when we had the first Duramax boat, I had this grand plan one day to see how far up your way I could get on the Muskingum river. The answer was, not even into the first lock chamber. Maybe in the spring with some good water flow, or on a flats boat with a jack plate today. But when I attempted it, the old Bravo lower unit was chunking rocks before I ever got to the gate.

That's a cool old canal map.. Probably last used for navigation was when these boats were the primary mode of transportation going up that way. Now they just drag race these old boats at the mouth of the river every year. Like watching paint dry... LOL

View attachment 125815
So are you saying this little boat is more capable then your dual Duramax turbo powered 1800 HP beast? 😛
Screenshot_20240908-114656.jpg

Reactions: TheBac and kidturbo

kidturbo

Piston Tester
Jul 21, 2010
Somewhere On The Ohio
www.marinemods.us
So are you saying this little boat is more capable then your dual Duramax turbo powered 1800 HP beast? 😛
View attachment 125816
That would likely get ya from Zanesville to Marietta Ohio quicker than a canoe. But once ya hit the mighty Ohio, you'd be barge bait in that contraption.. Tug caption would see that, "just another busted dock to mow over..."

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Was browsing Marketplace this morning, so for the heck of it, I searched "GMC Duramax", I dont know why.....

Up pops a 2024 GMC CC/SB AT4 loaded blah blah blah ---- $104,000!!!

Then a few more ads later, theres another one -- $98,000!!! Must not have had the gold plated interior?

What the ever loving hell?!?

• Wow
Reactions: 2004LB7

PureHybrid

Isuzu Shakes IT
Feb 15, 2012
Central OH

View attachment 125815

Buddy of mine and his FIL went from Zanesville to Marietta one year. Sounds fun until you're baking in the sun all day drunk and carrying fuel cans from the gas station by the lock to the boat down the ladder

• Haha
Reactions: lutzjk913

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
I think it was Josh H when he had the dumpster or the other guy who was obsessed with a duramax van.
I enjoyed reading about the dumpster back in the day. Such a big departure from the norm. Didn't it constantly have transmission issues or burn through clutch packs often. Shout out to @JoshH 📣

kidturbo

Piston Tester
Jul 21, 2010
Somewhere On The Ohio
www.marinemods.us
Watched an old youtube video on history of the supercar, and specifically Callaway's C4 Sledgehammer. Which held top speed shootout record by a production car for some 25 years. Reeves Callaway basically stumbled into the business by building a turbo kit for his own car, a BMW 320i which ended up in a magazine. Pre-Internet, word of mouths had people calling for his kits well before he even formed a company.

Reeves first attempted to use the GM 700R4 transmission back in the 85 C4 build. But soon switched to a manual because 3rd wouldn't hold above 750hp with his twin turbo setup. Some 10 yrs later, I was also trying to push 800+hp though a built 700R4 in an F-body. Get about 4-5 good passes before 3rd would just vanish.

Don't ever recall reading about his 700R4 experinces back in the day. But some 40 yrears later, find much of his C4 work was captured on video. In which he explains why the automatic wouldn't hold up, all while he was woking in house with GM at the time.

That single YouTube video would have literally save me months of time, had it only existed in 1995... :rolleyes: RIP RC