September '24 Chat -- School's In!

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
It's coastal so it only makes sense that it's sandy and unstable. Doesn't stop people from building and living there. Then they complain when the land shifts

Reactions: Dm23

darkness

Jul 15, 2009
vegas
Some have hurricane season, some have tornado season, California has mud slide and fire season. One being caused by the other.

Reactions: 2004LB7

1TRIKHD

Country boy Limo.
Sep 15, 2015
P.N.W
Been really dry this summer in western washington and the last couple of days has been in the 90's here. Suppose to start cooling down again after the weekend.

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
There is a new technique where engineers can electrocute the sand near the coast and basically turn it into a form of concrete. It effectively turns it into a large shell by causing the calcium to bond with the sand surrounding it. I wouldn’t be surprised to see it used in this situation, it would stabilize the area.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dm23 and malibu795

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
There is a new technique where engineers can electrocute the sand near the coast and basically turn it into a form of concrete. It effectively turns it into a large shell by causing the calcium to bond with the sand surrounding it. I wouldn’t be surprised to see it used in this situation, it would stabilize the area.
It's probably to large of scale to do it in CA. I build lots of subdivision there. We regularly made fills of 90' of pure sand for house pads. Problems isn't just rain in CA, but natural springs too. Or leaks in water mains/storage tanks that are put on top of mountains. We once hit what we thought was a spring, but the water was chlorinated. It was coming from the storage tank 1/2 a mile away on top the mountain.

Rain is the biggest problem though. I thought I had the picture on this phone but I guess not. Just for the hell of it. Here's a picture of the rain moving in in Socal. 1/4" fell in 30mins or so. That machine has 5'-6' tall tires. After the rain that exact machine was driving in 2.5' of mud that had came down the hillside.

Attachments

• CIMG1258 (Small).JPG
    CIMG1258 (Small).JPG
    48.7 KB · Views: 16
Reactions: 2004LB7

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
Ya ever back a 50' trailer into a building without a spotter, having to avoid equipment and other vehicles. Checking both mirrors, making sure ya don't hit the Bobcat with a wheel off about 40' back. Get it all the way in, step out of the truck thinking that wasn't so bad. Then walk to the back, and say, damn...

Backed Voodo into the shop tonight with my buddies Dodge, and just about stuck a very expensive outdrive thru my other buddies LLY truck headlamp that I've been testing the FUCM board on..

Was saved by the step up in the concrete.. So had to share my photo finish..

:oops:
My Papa always said 1" is as good as a mile. That line are thinking it's probably why I've wrecked so much shit.

lutzjk913

May 5, 2010
groveport, ohio
We got a small rain. Maybe 20-25 mins early afternoon. Then it got back up to 90*

I left the house and went to zanesville and it rained most of the way there but we got nothing at home.

As of 6:00.

68ss

Dec 30, 2019
I have a friend of mine who needs a turbo replaced on a LLY in Denver. Any one know a good shop there?