September '24 Chat -- School's In!

1FastBrick

Dec 1, 2016
Junkyard
I live here here too.

It seems like all the shitty people sell there over priced houses here and move there expecting to take there lousy political views with them. After a Few years they realize they are not happy about the things they can not change and want to move back to CA where they complain about the cost of housing to get back in to the state... It was fine when they were selling but when they want to move back its not ok...

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
I live here here too.

It seems like all the shitty people sell there over priced houses here and move there expecting to take there lousy political views with them. After a Few years they realize they are not happy about the things they can not change and want to move back to CA where they complain about the cost of housing to get back in to the state... It was fine when they were selling but when they want to move back its not ok...

Az is slowly turning the wrong way… the plus side, we broke a record of hottest summer in az ever recorded. TBH, just seems like normal az heat to me but to anyone that’s not grown up here all their lives, boy do they freak out about it. I think it’s az’s way of pushing out the pussies

kidturbo

Piston Tester
Jul 21, 2010
Somewhere On The Ohio
www.marinemods.us
Ya ever back a 50' trailer into a building without a spotter, having to avoid equipment and other vehicles. Checking both mirrors, making sure ya don't hit the Bobcat with a wheel off about 40' back. Get it all the way in, step out of the truck thinking that wasn't so bad. Then walk to the back, and say, damn...

Backed Voodo into the shop tonight with my buddies Dodge, and just about stuck a very expensive outdrive thru my other buddies LLY truck headlamp that I've been testing the FUCM board on..

Was saved by the step up in the concrete.. So had to share my photo finish..

20240903_190646.jpg
20240903_190734.jpg

:oops:

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Az is slowly turning the wrong way… the plus side, we broke a record of hottest summer in az ever recorded. TBH, just seems like normal az heat to me but to anyone that’s not grown up here all their lives, boy do they freak out about it. I think it’s az’s way of pushing out the pussies
Hmm....that kinda coincides with my daughter and her fam moving out there. She's tough, though.
Ya ever back a 50' trailer into a building without a spotter, having to avoid equipment and other vehicles. Checking both mirrors, making sure ya don't hit the Bobcat with a wheel off about 40' back. Get it all the way in, step out of the truck thinking that wasn't so bad. Then walk to the back, and say, damn...

Backed Voodo into the shop tonight with my buddies Dodge, and just about stuck a very expensive outdrive thru my other buddies LLY truck headlamp that I've been testing the FUCM board on..

Was saved by the step up in the concrete.. So had to share my photo finish..

View attachment 125689
View attachment 125690

:oops:
Damn, you were lucky. That could've gotten very expensive very quickly. You need to go out and buy a lottery ticket.
We have a phrase down at work for when you're backing and arent sure whats behind you, "When in doubt, get out."

Reactions: Pure Diesel

kidturbo

Piston Tester
Jul 21, 2010
Somewhere On The Ohio
www.marinemods.us
My kid showed up in his truck 5 minutes after I took that photo. Said just about that same thing.. But he didn't write me up at least, he's off work this week. LOL.

I had decent excuse however, the grade was steep, with gravel, and I didn't trust the E-brake or park latch in this 16 Dodge that's currently on 3rd tranny rebuild.. Plus my sup showed up late. :D

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Hmm....that kinda coincides with my daughter and her fam moving out there. She's tough, though.

The more she’s outside from springtime on, the better. That way she acclimates to the heat later in the year. Lots and lots of water too.

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
Supposed to be 104° today, 106° tomorrow and 104° again Friday here

I found the best way to acclimate is to not sleep with the AC running. Some people can't do it. But really it works well. Also not turning the AC on right away but let it get uncomfortably hot then only set the temperature to whatever just takes the edge off or is tolerable. If you start early like James stated you gradually get used to it as the weather warms.

I almost never run the AC in my vehicles. Maybe once or twice a year. Actually the compressor gets more workout in defrost mode then anything else. I just crack the windows open and get some airflow. 70° or 110° all the same. At home. If I'm by myself it's likely off. Only other family members turn it on. I'd rather open a window or screen door, especially if it's cooler outside to bring in outside air

You can't properly accumulate to the outside temperature if you spend most of your time in an air conditioned room. If you accumulate then the outside temperature doesn't really feel that bad and you get less of an urge to turn the AC on

Salt, potassium and other electrolytes plus water is important for tolerating the heat

Reactions: malibu795

malibu795

misspeelleerr
Apr 28, 2007
in the buckeye state
I spent 3 years in Guam almost a year in Persian Gulf then 3 years in Oxnard from when I was 18-27. The amount of rolling fatigue I need to sleep above 70° temps impairs my cognitive and motoring functions so much, I'm safer showing up sleeping on 60° temp and staggering drink and stoned.

Hydration and supplements help, but they don't change base starting point

It's been like this since I turned 11

Last edited:

malibu795

misspeelleerr
Apr 28, 2007
in the buckeye state
Someone brake checked the front semi and caused this. Sucks have to tailgate yo protect your nose because 99% of the public merged back in front of you too closely

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240904-164337~3.png
    Screenshot_20240904-164337~3.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 23
  • Screenshot_20240904-164413~2.png
    Screenshot_20240904-164413~2.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 23
  • Wow
Reactions: Dm23 and 2004LB7

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
My wife had one of those years ago until it got rear ended and totalled. She still says it was her favorite car she ever owned (which hasn't been many). Sometimes I think it would be fun to find her one in good shape to drive, but it might ruin the nostalgia for her.

Reactions: N2BRK

1FastBrick

Dec 1, 2016
Junkyard
Y'all would flood, if you got our avg rainfall
It floods here anyway when it actually rains. And I mean more than the light drizzle...

Look at what is happening in Rancho Palos Verdes.... Everything is shifting there so bad that they had to declare a state of emergency. They had to shut off Power and gas to the area because everything is so compromised.

It's all due to the way they built the area up and didn't plan for proper drainage. All that water has to go somewhere when it soak into the ground....

Dm23

Mar 8, 2019
Socal
It floods here anyway when it actually rains. And I mean more than the light drizzle...

Look at what is happening in Rancho Palos Verdes.... Everything is shifting there so bad that they had to declare a state of emergency. They had to shut off Power and gas to the area because everything is so compromised.

It's all due to the way they built the area up and didn't plan for proper drainage. All that water has to go somewhere when it soak into the ground.Tha
I live about 15 minutes from where this is all happening. The area is called portuguese bend. The city has ran all of the piping above ground due to al of the land movement. Pretty crazy site to see. Trump has one of his golf courses close to that area. I guess we will see what happens.