Rumor has it that mikel no longer deals with suncoast

Utahski

Oct 20, 2008
Northern Utah
I CALLED SUNCOAST LAST WEEK TO HELP A FRIEND OUT WITH A CONVERTER AND THEY TOLD ME INGLEWOOD TRANSMISSIONS IS NO LONGER A VENDER OF SUNCOAST:confused: WHAT PARTS ARE WE GOING TO GET, IF WE ORDER FROM MIKEL? ARE THEY GOING TO BE ATS PARTS? WHAT ARE WE GOING TO DO?

Mike absolutely knows what he's doing and what's his affair is his alone. Real no-class of you to be posting what's none of your business.

RENODMAX

Dead Wrong
Mar 4, 2008
well then wheres your custom kit?

if he thinks thats all there is then he hasnt really built too many of these i suppose. i hate all this people wanting to be product developers and whatnot. lets check out your custom kit racinmike. im sure it will be a copy of an SC kit that doesnt work as well. and im sure it will use transgo or ats components. you think all of this hasnt been done?? people dont market it because it is COPYING

racinmike77

Sep 14, 2008
MD
if he thinks thats all there is then he hasnt really built too many of these i suppose. i hate all this people wanting to be product developers and whatnot. lets check out your custom kit racinmike. im sure it will be a copy of an SC kit that doesnt work as well. and im sure it will use transgo or ats components. you think all of this hasnt been done?? people dont market it because it is COPYING

Actually I know it has been done, I heard you were one of the best. Thats why I asked for you number a while back, just havent had time to call. Theres lots of guys out there selling parts allison dan for example. And heck no im not gonna do it for free ill make a profit.

malibu795

misspeelleerr
Apr 28, 2007
in the buckeye state
what happened at suncoast to change things? when my clutch delaminated they were very helpful and for my case had service second to none. between mike l and suncoast i had zero complaints. maybe the popularity got to them? sad to hear but i never recommended anyone to suncoast, always to mike so nothing will change for me. best of luck mike:)

AFAIK when joe died his widow took over and things have steadily gone down hill.

Duramax_JP

Jul 3, 2008
Actually I know it has been done, I heard you were one of the best. Thats why I asked for you number a while back, just havent had time to call. Theres lots of guys out there selling parts allison dan for example. And heck no im not gonna do it for free ill make a profit.

You realize that what Mike does is more than throwing a few parts in the tranny right? Unlessyou have insanely low prices or are one of the most experienced and trusted trans guys like Mike then you probably wont get too much business. People usually stick to the guys they trust and have treated them right and Mike has the respect and loyalty of most of the guys on this site. If you do good then more power to ya but as a business decision it seems a little risky.

SIKDMAX

Highway Burnouts!
Sep 14, 2007
Central Coast, Cali
www.sikdmax.com
I bet you plan on selling it all at cost and not making a penny either........

I'm sure your Mom and Dad will love to have all the packages ariving at the house.......

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I know Ill still be heading down to Mike for some more work when my truck is back under its own power again... no question.

Last edited:

racinmike77

Sep 14, 2008
MD
You realize that what Mike does is more than throwing a few parts in the tranny right? Unlessyou have insanely low prices or are one of the most experienced and trusted trans guys like Mike then you probably wont get too much business. People usually stick to the guys they trust and have treated them right and Mike has the respect and loyalty of most of the guys on this site. If you do good then more power to ya but as a business decision it seems a little risky.

Im gonna build my tranny this summer and depending on how is goes I may try to sell alto powerpacks and maybe some other odds and ends. I WILL NOT be working on anyones trans except my own.;) If you want your trans build DIPPER is the guy to see on the east coast and MIKE L out west.

Last edited:

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
Im gonna build my tranny this summer and depending on how is goes

hopefully better than the last one!

If you want your trans build DIPPER is the guy to see on the east coast and MIKE L out west.

its too late to try to suck up to them to dig yourself out of the hole. :)

so as far as your trans kit....if Im installing it and have a problem, can I call YOU for tech support?

ben

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
I have not cut Suncoast off; way too many close friends there. I am just doing things a little different; my way.

RENODMAX

Dead Wrong
Mar 4, 2008
How long is the SC warranty? I dunno id have to look i bought it from you right when the 1058s came out and tested it at the track. I just know some people have been having a bit of a hard time with SC.