Rumor has it that mikel no longer deals with suncoast

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Obviously you can put together your own trans kits and get clutches directly from Alto, but what about converters? You going to go with PI converters now, or do you have something planned for building them in house or another company contracted to build them to your specs?

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah
Nothin like letting a man make his own thread about his personal business changes.

x2 BS in my book ............ dmaxvaz do you really think people care what products mike carry to do buisness with him ? i garentee you they dont . suncoast does not manufacture the clutches , the Transgo , and mike helped them develop every almost every converter so i dont think they will be hard to be reproduced either . they are not even building there own billet covers so how is anybody loosing anything ? we might even save a buck or 2 :D

1slow01Z71

Wannabe EFILive Tuner
All I want to know is, when I blow my trans will I be able to call you(MikeL) up and order a kit comparable to an SCIV and 1058 converter? And if so is that "kit" going to be more or less expensive?

Last edited:

LBZrcks

Jun 2, 2007
SoCal
All I want to know is, when I blow my trans will I be able to call you(MikeL) up and order a kit comparable to an SCIV and 1058 converter? And if so is that "kit" going to be more or less expensive?

I'm sure he's already got something the same if not better to use instead:D

bullfrogjohnson

Big Girl!
Nov 20, 2006
Locust, NC

If Mike is gonna put his name on something I would bet every penny I have that it is gonna be top of the line. I cant wait to burn up my tranny just to run what he is goin to offer.:hug:

camcojb

Dec 10, 2007
I personally don't care what parts Mike uses, I trust the guy. His mods worked great in my truck and even though I've cut the torque reduction beyond his recommendation in the past, everything has held up perfectly. I'm going to change converters, but that's not Mike's fault or responsibility.

I would have him build my trans and recommend a converter again if I ever need it in the future. Add in his service after the sale and you just can't beat it.

Jody

Last edited:

THEFERMANATOR

LEGALLY INSANE
Feb 16, 2009
ZEPHYRHILLS, FL
After my dealings with SUNCOAST over the phone, I wasn't about to spend one penny that even MIGHT make it back to them. I've used there products in the past and was happy, but if you need help from em they will make you a non customer in a hurry. And as I pointed out in another thread, you can buy an equivelant kit for alot less money. About $300 less to be exact. The local shop I normally get my parts through is a SUNCOAST dealer, and his contract through them won't allow him to get his parts elsewhere unless he runs a completely different kit that SUNCOAST doesn't offer. Seems like some messed up practices to me when you can't even sell the customer what they want due to a contract with one of your vendors(or this could just be the line he was telling me to sell me the parts for $300 more).

WanaDmaxsub

Junior Member W/gray hair
Feb 17, 2007
Suncoasts loss, our gain! Still sucks...

Anyway...what do we tell the newbies now when they limp their trannies?

"Get a :frank:stage 3":D

racinmike77

Sep 14, 2008
MD

whats so hard about alto clutches, a machined pressure plate and a converter?

dmaxfireman

'Can do' kind of guy
Apr 8, 2007
CT
sorry for the ot rant but..... vaz x2 on all of what mikel said.... you were were going to buy a part off me a while back and said the check was in the mail, twice.... then i sent you several pms trying to figure out what happened, and you returned none of them like i didn't exist anymore. you are a scumbag go pound sand, i too want nothing to do with any of your dealings.

mike keep up the fabulous work and thanks for the several times you helped me on the phone :) i'm sure you get so many calls you don't remember half the little guys that call day in and day out (nor should you have to thats a lot of people :eek: ) but we appreciate everything you do for us!!!!! And i'm sure your trans' will be the most stout pieces around!

stacks04

Nov 16, 2007
Terryville,Ct
what happened at suncoast to change things? when my clutch delaminated they were very helpful and for my case had service second to none. between mike l and suncoast i had zero complaints. maybe the popularity got to them? sad to hear but i never recommended anyone to suncoast, always to mike so nothing will change for me. best of luck mike:)

LB7Diesel

Oh Boy!
Sep 3, 2006
Melbourne, F.L.
Well, I was eating popcorn with Travis until I thought of something. I'm going to be pulling my trans very soon and was planning on possibly shipping it across the country to you Mike, I was wanting the converter freshened up, along with your special treatment to the trans itself. Should I still send the converter to you or SC?