Info: Quad Turbo Update

bullfrogjohnson

Big Girl!
Nov 20, 2006
Locust, NC
I do believe you are correct in the fact that the air will hit the back of the plenum and force the air into the last intake port. That is a fact! but thats why I have built them 2 inches longer than the last port........rather than acting like a slide where the the air hits the back of the plenum and has an easy way into the last intake port....being that it is longer when the air hits the back wall of the plenum it will create reversion and for the most part equilize the incoming air. I also agree with radiusing the inner edges of the intake tubes.......I just havent got that far yet!

When you were fabricating the intake did you think about using tapered runners? I know that's always a big discussion when designing individual runner intake and was curious of what you thought?

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah
Any idea when you think you'll have it running? I was wondering if it might be in Douglas, WY at the NHRDA race there on the 26th of June?

Are you guys going to Make Douglas Ken ? I am still not sure , hoping to though . And The quad truck looks sweet , great job on all the fab work !!

Last edited:

Subman

Old Geezer
Jun 27, 2008
Madras, OR, Pahrump NV
Are you guys going to Make Douglas Ken ? I am still not sure , hoping to though . And The quad truck looks sweet , great job on all the fab work !!

Yes we are going, got to race someplace. Engine will go back in this weekend in Max'd Out and we'll do a bit of test and tune and head for Wyoming to be there on the 25th.

FORBIDN

FORBIDN ENGINEERING
Oct 23, 2009
Billings,Mt
Finish!

Any idea when you think you'll have it running? I was wondering if it might be in Douglas, WY at the NHRDA race there on the 26th of June?

I would love to have it done by the 26th and i am trying hard to get it done.......we are in indy right now at the races though so thats taking time away from the build! I hope to have it done but reality of the matter is a little more time!

FORBIDN

FORBIDN ENGINEERING
Oct 23, 2009
Billings,Mt
tapered runners

When you were fabricating the intake did you think about using tapered runners? I know that's always a big discussion when designing individual runner intake and was curious of what you thought?

Yes! as a matter of fact I used the largest taper possible when I engineered them to be compatible with 4" tubing to maximize the velocity of the air entering the head

FORBIDN

FORBIDN ENGINEERING
Oct 23, 2009
Billings,Mt
Douglas

Yes we are going, got to race someplace. Engine will go back in this weekend in Max'd Out and we'll do a bit of test and tune and head for Wyoming to be there on the 25th.

I most likely wont have it done but I am looking foward to meeting you trent as well as seeing maxd out throw a 9 second pass down! hope all goes well with you guys and we see you there!

FORBIDN

FORBIDN ENGINEERING
Oct 23, 2009
Billings,Mt
Pics?

I maxed my attachments out.......is there anyone that knows how to delete previous attachments.........or someone I can send the pics to for posting?