LB7: Project "I have a problem"

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
Can you post a day and night pic from inside please sir?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Half ass gloomy day.. Side windows have no tint and camera is focused on a pillar
Image1468346460.305438.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

• Image1468346460.305438.jpg
    Image1468346460.305438.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 105

countrycorey

Trust Me I'm an Engineer
Jan 30, 2010
LA
Thank you much. I'm thinking I'm gonna have to do this when I get a new windshield

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
Thank you much. I'm thinking I'm gonna have to do this when I get a new windshield

It's the best thing I've ever done to all my trucks.. My red truck was 35% and I loved it. The black truck will have 35 when it gets a new windshield..

If your getting a new glass have it tinted before install, easier on the tint guy and will probably save you a couple bucks

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
Did the installer bitch about the tint, I had 4 places tell me no on installing a windshield with it timted already amd I need a new windshield. I was just gonna go with 50% too.

Also noob question, do you just buy strips amd butt them up or is thereatge enough tint for a windshield available

IOWA LLY

Yes, its really me
Feb 23, 2007
I had a local guy do my windshield. He buys big rolls of it so the windshield can be done with one piece.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
Did the installer bitch about the tint, I had 4 places tell me no on installing a windshield with it timted already amd I need a new windshield. I was just gonna go with 50% too.

Also noob question, do you just buy strips amd butt them up or is thereatge enough tint for a windshield available

It's one piece of tint.. Me and my uncle install my windshields as he has a glass shop.. But honestly it shouldn't matter if the windshield is tinted or not on install because you use suction cups on the exterior of the glass.

50% is a good number but 35 was soooo much better on my red truck.

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
It's one piece of tint.. Me and my uncle install my windshields as he has a glass shop.. But honestly it shouldn't matter if the windshield is tinted or not on install because you use suction cups on the exterior of the glass.

50% is a good number but 35 was soooo much better on my red truck.

I'm just lookin to cut the glare and not get pulled over. How is 35 at night?

NRA223

May 20, 2015
On a past vehicle i had 50% on the windshield and 2 layers of 5% on everything else. Night driving was a bit more challenging but it does look awesome.

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
Tint on the windshield would be great up here during the summer but not so much in the winter:D

Actually in snow it's amazing.: unless your talking about the straight no light days lol.. In which case they make good headlights

NRA223

May 20, 2015
I never found seeing out a problem. I just didn't like how it distorted the light coming in.

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
On a past vehicle i had 50% on the windshield and 2 layers of 5% on everything else. Night driving was a bit more challenging but it does look awesome.

Been there done that.. Miss that truck..

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
Pulled the flares and badges off the lly last night. Cleaned the interior some and buffed the headlights. The whole truck needs buffed as its really oxidized.

dcd2d174f7690ec67c1c2d4d41a65f26.jpg

c20elephant

C20ELEPHANT
Apr 25, 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
Yessir I can.. I'll honestly say you don't notice it after about the 2nd time driving it.. Night vision is improved imo because of reduced glare..

What brand tint did the installer use.?

Pulled the flares and badges off the lly last night. Cleaned the interior some and buffed the headlights. The whole truck needs buffed as its really oxidized.

How difficult were the flares to remove, been wanting to remove mine and was concerned it might leave an outline mark where they were, how noticeable is it if any on your truck.?. When I debadged and removed the bumpers on the doors it left a slight outline on the clearcoat. Wen I take it a picture of my truck you cannot see it, but, in person you can

Last edited:

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
What brand tint did the installer use.?

How difficult were the flares to remove, been wanting to remove mine and was concerned it might leave an outline mark where they were, how noticeable is it if any on your truck.?. When I debadged and removed the bumpers on the doors it left a slight outline on the clearcoat. Wen I take it a picture of my truck you cannot see it, but, in person you can

Not sure on tint brand. It's not lumar I know that..

I pulled the flares. Cleaned up the double sided tape with an eraser wheel and then took the buffer to the paint real quick. There's a slight line but it's not noticeable to most people.