Found the lly oil leak
I hate rust

a28288c974a8e6fbe3ca279432610321.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
Finally got the lly on the road..

Swapped turbos with a known good I had, ended up having to put a passenger side manifold on because of broken bolts.

Cut off and welded egr riser shut on passenger up pipe.

Changed oil and filter, fuel filter, air filter, cleaned maf, fixed a couple wires and only had to put one bulb in it to make all the lights work.

I had a damn nice set of pyos so I mounted up some used tires on them and bolted them on.. While I had the front tires off i greased everything including the caliper slides.

I've gotta do something to delete the egr, probably get one of ricks simple tubes for it and be done.

Left front caliper is sticking and the blower resistor is bad. But it's a work in progress.

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
Project "I have a problem"

How she looks now.. Was hoping for a real bath today but it's not looking good. I still need to mow the yard

40031b9ec1c49fb3d496c1d5f3312f3e.jpg

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
Went back to the shop about 10:30 tonight, put a new front and rear caliper on, repaired a rusty brake line, put in a blower resistor and checked the refrigerant.

Looks like it needs a mode door acuator as it only blows out defrost. But it blows cold and wasn't low on freon.

Then took it to the car wash and gave it a bath. I'll get a pic in the morning.

After a good cleaning and a mode actuator it's ready for daily duty.

DefiantArms

Limp Mode Cowboy
Jan 28, 2016
St. Augustine, FL
Went back to the shop about 10:30 tonight, put a new front and rear caliper on, repaired a rusty brake line, put in a blower resistor and checked the refrigerant.

Looks like it needs a mode door acuator as it only blows out defrost. But it blows cold and wasn't low on freon.

Then took it to the car wash and gave it a bath. I'll get a pic in the morning.

After a good cleaning and a mode actuator it's ready for daily duty.

Corbin is the mode actuator the same thing that makes it randomly blow hot air until you restart the truck??

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
Kinda the same.. That's the blend actuator.. Which side of your truck does that? If it's the driver side your in luck.. The passenger side requires dash pulling

Blend is temp related
Mode is mode - defrost, floor, vent, etc

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
Haha thanks man I think both sides do it when it happens I'll read up!

I actually saw a service bulletin on this problem the other day. Supposedly could fix the problem with a hvac flash and actuator recal

minerigger

Dec 24, 2013
Casper, WY
Is that the same as the cherry illusions from prismatic powders? I'm assuming so but unsure, if so that is what color I'm going to finish my stuff out in.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
Project "I have a problem"

Is that the same as the cherry illusions from prismatic powders? I'm assuming so but unsure, if so that is what color I'm going to finish my stuff out in.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Yes prismatic

That old Lilly shines up pretty nice Corbin:thumb: Should be a fun little daily driver.

Cleans up pretty good for 515k..

Got my mode actuator on wnt recalibrated.. Nice cold air out the vents now.. Also cleaned about 5 years of grime off the insides of the windows.. Can't believe how clean the windows are.

Pretty happy with this ole turd.

countrycorey

Trust Me I'm an Engineer
Jan 30, 2010
LA
Can you post a day and night pic from inside please sir?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
Can you post a day and night pic from inside please sir?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Yessir I can.. I'll honestly say you don't notice it after about the 2nd time driving it.. Night vision is improved imo because of reduced glare..