Productive day off.

Evan@InglewoodTrans

yerp
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 5, 2010
Western MA
attachment.php

attachment.php

A couple pics from today's spare tire crossmember removal not the best spot to do it in but it worked.

Attachments

• ddcrossmember.jpg
    ddcrossmember.jpg
    169.2 KB · Views: 314
  • ddcrossmember2.jpg
    ddcrossmember2.jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 317
Last edited:

juddski88

Freedom Diesel
Jul 1, 2008
Chesterfield, Mass.
nice bud. I was talking with Stevie and Chris about your motor after the Saturday meeting. He is pretty excited about it. I'm almost ready to drive down to you and take you for a ride in SS.

Evan@InglewoodTrans

yerp
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 5, 2010
Western MA
Thanks Tim :hug: I got under the truck to route some wiring and next thing I knew I was staring at the crossmember saying to myself thats gotta go. I hope the shortblock is done soon. They said supposedly for sure this week and i'm hoping it is. Kayla could use a reminder why the truck is in pieces so stop up any time with SS and remind her :D

juddski88

Freedom Diesel
Jul 1, 2008
Chesterfield, Mass.
Jon's father built me an aluminum center console while we were moving them into their new apartment this weekend...it looks like nothing you'd ever find in a truck. Ben came up Friday and worked on some tuning and really made some progress. It doesn't load up anymore at light throttle and low rpm, lots of pilot timing and less rail pressure and PW were the answers. I am painting more of the frame this week in preparation for the cage this weekend

Evan@InglewoodTrans

yerp
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 5, 2010
Western MA
I've got the crossmember and shock mount all made up I just need to get it in. I have Thursday off so I will finish it then. I have something in mind I may try too to keep weight down.

jmaz268

Lead from the Front
May 20, 2010
Springfield IL
Front end is still apart, damn centerlink was giving me fits after I finished up the control arms.

Broke 2 pullers trying to get it off. Then I got pissed, threw a hammer and went inside. Just need to do some piddly fuel stuff and rear shocks.

Finish stripping my PYOs and throw the M and Hs on em....then hit the strip.

Evan@InglewoodTrans

yerp
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 5, 2010
Western MA
Picked up the short block from the machine shop today :woott: the guys at R.A.D Auto Machine were great to work with and very thorough. Should be able to get the rest of the motor together and in the truck in the next few weeks or so then move on to the trans.
attachment.php

Attachments

• ddshortblock.jpg
    ddshortblock.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 225