Possible Government Shutdown

Dalyfarms

Jan 12, 2010
Centrailia Mo
It is Pretty sad that these politicions set on their ass and not do the job they are there to do, (which should of been done weeks ago) then get on tv and tell how hard they are working to fix the problem, Bull shit, Then Oboma gets involved more bullshit, if he would of had head out of his ass weeks ago and was doing what he is claiming to do now , this would not be a issue.
As far as the folks in congress saying they will not take a paycheck if no one else gets one, more bullshit, their salery is a small drop in the bucket compared to the kickbacks they take.
The bottom line is this country is about screwed, our leaders have been working for themselves, and not the country or people. Well I had better stop before I get to carried away. we can only keep our chins up and ride it out.

ripmf666

Sep 20, 2006
Wentzville Mo
Man sure looks like the Goverment and Gm is more alike day by day when it comes to paying people. I hope you guys pay does not get cut off sucks that we can send all this darn moeny over seas to help others when we could help people here..

maxthis

Jun 14, 2007
Southeastern, Indiana
That is a total crock of shit......and 46 days!! I was just thinking it was going to be for like 1 or 2 days! 46 days with no pay would destroy me!!

semperfi-if it gets to rough for you let us know, id be willing to help you out a little bit to get you through.

-Ronnie

Diesel power

Jun 2, 2008
maryland
That rat obama wasent even born here, and supports radical anti american and anti white Programs/churches......What did you really exspect.? He's douche and so are the rest of those money hungry democrates.

All there doing is trying to force us into one world government and curency, cant America see this? Unbelivable what is going on in washington.:mad:

maxthis

Jun 14, 2007
Southeastern, Indiana
i've been doing some more reading about this since i read this thread this morning....un-real, i don't even really know what to say. Not much to say i guess, we are all riding in the bus that Obama is driving....uuggghhh

Akdiesel

IFS Hater
Aug 23, 2009
Fairbanks
Thanks to everyone for the support. Wade you finally said something I agree with. Ronnie, thanks a ton for the offer and if push comes to shove I know I have a solid community here if I need help. Glad everyone is reading up on it on their own and not thinking I'm a nut job :) let's keep our fingers crossed something gets done today but not looking too optimistic

Diesel power

Jun 2, 2008
maryland
Just a reminder a twin goverment shutdown happened in the 1990's and it helped to hinge Bill Clinton to a second term in 1996...., do some reaserch on this it's all political and obama approved....:confused:

maxthis

Jun 14, 2007
Southeastern, Indiana
On a positive note Donald Trump is looking at running for the big seat and he hates Obama! Atleast we could possibly have someone that knows a thing or two about saving money and making wise choices.:roflmao:

Cbum

Feb 2, 2010
Church Point Louisiana
It is bad enough that our troops have the role of playing world police the last thing our brave servicemen needs is this bs at home worrying if they still have home food shelter and the nicety's so many take for granted . I served from 85 to 89 . I got out right before the first Desert Storm . With my mos I waited every day for a letter telegram telling me to report back for active duty off of inactive duty but never happened . I know the uneasy feelings I had then and can only imagine what our troops face today . Political bs at home and the same going on in the middle east .

I only hope America wakes up soon, our troops come first put all the other crap on the back burner and take care buisness at hand.

Politicians should recieve the same pay as our troops same medical care and should serve as well . Let them have the same retirement . And last but not least let them endure the repocussions of their actions.

Drholliday

May 28, 2008
Gresham, OR
I'm not in the Marine Corps anymore, but this shutdown could effect my wife and I as well.

My wife is active duty Coast Guard. That provision that was sent to the senate to pay the military was only for the DoD, so if it did pass my wife and I still would not get paid. It is also not clear if some federal employees would get back paid, so we might not get some of our pay check.

We do have money saved, its for a down payment on our house, if we don't get back pay we lose some of that money just covering our bills. The real kicker though... We are flying out to Portland for my wife's 10 day house hunting PTAD. If the government does shut down then she is not allowed to have that time and we are out over $1k in air fare. Well, half that b/c I would still fly out there to look at homes to buy, but how do I buy a house without my wife looking at the house too?

With that being said, I feel this needs to happen. The govt is IMO spending too much too fast and it needs to be reeled in.

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
It grinds me to me freaking core that they have the audacity to stop paying the armed forces YET anytime some piece of shit dump in the middle of know where on the other side of the world needs help, troops, food, money, supplies, worked, etc are dispatched immediately. How is that "spending money" available at a moments notice, YET they can't keep the armed forces operating/funded for a brief period of time without a budget?!?!?!

Complete Failure by the system & all dumbasses who set it up that way AND have since allowed it to remain as such. Absolute BS!

You don't EVER close funding of the single mechanism that safe-guards your very existence! Not ever!!! Just stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid!!!! WOW!!!!

Mike

hmmm....
Feb 17, 2007
San Angelo, TX
That rat obama wasent even born here, and supports radical anti american and anti white Programs/churches......What did you really exspect.? He's douche and so are the rest of those money hungry democrates.

All there doing is trying to force us into one world government and curency, cant America see this? Unbelivable what is going on in washington.:mad:

:rolleyes:

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
so whos with me to get all the discruntaled troops and citizens together and go take our country back?

seriously though, you talk about a crock of shit! we really need a country uprising to get rid of these damn guys in office and put some people in there that look out fo us, not them selves. I wouldnt be surprised if that whole 2012 world end BS is about us as a country takin out our government.

Mike

hmmm....
Feb 17, 2007
San Angelo, TX
On a positive note Donald Trump is looking at running for the big seat and he hates Obama! Atleast we could possibly have someone that knows a thing or two about saving money and making wise choices.:roflmao:

One person can't make all the difference be it Trump or Obama.

juddski88

Freedom Diesel
Jul 1, 2008
Chesterfield, Mass.
Coast guard is dept of homeland security now. I don't think it falls under DoD budget, it has its own

I'm not in the Marine Corps anymore, but this shutdown could effect my wife and I as well.

My wife is active duty Coast Guard. That provision that was sent to the senate to pay the military was only for the DoD, so if it did pass my wife and I still would not get paid. It is also not clear if some federal employees would get back paid, so we might not get some of our pay check.

We do have money saved, its for a down payment on our house, if we don't get back pay we lose some of that money just covering our bills. The real kicker though... We are flying out to Portland for my wife's 10 day house hunting PTAD. If the government does shut down then she is not allowed to have that time and we are out over $1k in air fare. Well, half that b/c I would still fly out there to look at homes to buy, but how do I buy a house without my wife looking at the house too?

With that being said, I feel this needs to happen. The govt is IMO spending too much too fast and it needs to be reeled in.

Akdiesel

IFS Hater
Aug 23, 2009
Fairbanks
so whos with me to get all the discruntaled troops and citizens together and go take our country back?

seriously though, you talk about a crock of shit! we really need a country uprising to get rid of these damn guys in office and put some people in there that look out fo us, not them selves. I wouldnt be surprised if that whole 2012 world end BS is about us as a country takin out our government.

Spot on James. I just can't believe the leftist Senate blocked the bill that would keep troops paid not that it matters El Presidente vowed to veto it anyway

kenny

kennydiesel
Mar 5, 2009
washington state
I'm in the service too. All I can say is I hope they choose wisely about the people they are going to be cutting their paychecks too and the ones that don't get paid. All in all if you stop paying the thousands of people in the military, think of all the family's that won't be paying all their bills and how that will impact our already falling economy. Just like said earlier, you don't with hold money from your defense system and safeguardsmen. That won't be good for us becasue all outsiders watching and planning...

kenny

kennydiesel
Mar 5, 2009
washington state
Here is a good one to think about too. Obama is our commander and Chief and this is his way of showing us his great leadership and how to lead this great nation. Another note is that he is also part of our government so why should they receive their checks too? If you cut your employees pay to nothing because they are government, shouldn't that include everyone in office too...??? I think the people need to realize what will happen and stand up to all this BS instead of just sitting by watching it all unfold in front of them preaching about how they can't do anything to prevent it. Everyone will be greatly impacted from this if it happens. We are meeting today to learn what is going to happen, so we will see.