Piston Bowls

dmaxbowtie

Duramax fiend
Jun 2, 2011
RI
Can't wait to see how these hold up, and if I end up following through with a build I will look forward to being part of r&d.

THEFERMANATOR

LEGALLY INSANE
Feb 16, 2009
ZEPHYRHILLS, FL
Just curiosity here again, but has anyone pulled an engine apart that has a set of these in it? Or at the minumum pulled the injector out and scoped the bore to see what kind of pattern it leaves on the piston? The different shape has me wondering what kind of pattern it leaves on the piston top compared to a conventional round bowl. It may also help to explain the different engine sound.

delong_1

<< my work
Dec 5, 2008
Arvada, CO
hey i was just saying, that way this motor will last longer than the pile of chit you sold me.... you know the one with some left bank pistons in the right bank...... :rolleyes:

these only have one arrow on them so you wont get confused, right?

MarkBroviak

DMax Junkie
Vendor/Sponsor
May 25, 2008
Danville Indiana
It's alive!!!:woott: I'm in love, this thing is a beast and the motor is quiet! I just drove it home and it is a completely different truck. More to come...:D

sickdiesel

Apr 22, 2010
Well i want something that if i turn it up to run SS every now and again i wont have to worry... as much... lol :D

MarkBroviak

DMax Junkie
Vendor/Sponsor
May 25, 2008
Danville Indiana
Update- I have put some miles on it today and had to completely revamp my tuning. It is truely a different animal. My base tune was originally 495hp on my stock motor and ran26-30psi boost/35psi drive. With the new motor and same tuning it hits 40psi boost/60-75psi drive and is violent to say the least. I dialed the vane tables back and pulled some fuel out of it and it calmed down to 30psi/35-40psi drive and is much happier. Feels like it is still well over 500hp on this tune and the exhaust note is definitely different and I love it!!! This bitch is mean!:hug:

Even at a much lower 15.5:1 compression ratio this thing fired right up this morning without missing a lick or smoking! My stock motor smoked more! I didn't even plug it in and it only rolled over twice on a fresh motor with 30degree air temp and fired right off. I'm beyond inpressed with it. Jon and I don't always see eye to eye on the compression ratios but I could have gone alittle lower without issues.

Last edited: