Overkill vs Misery (video)

adeso

wait, what?
May 30, 2011
Minot, ND
the truck was never intended to be as heavy as it was.. im not sure who you were talking to on this topic but .. the truck was built to be light or so we thought by the time it was all said and done it ended up being heavier than i wanted ... i do have fiber doors to still go on it and honestly i would drop weight by going back to the leaf springs and ditching all that 4 link.. The guy who built it passes away shortly after it was done and the list of the history to get it to todays date has not been an easy road.. I have been fighting another guys master piece blind and trying to learn it through trial and error .. its been hard and emotional all at the same time

This wasn't really directed at you, just the person that said another truck that was S/S had the advantage over you in weight and suspension. I was just wondering why the truck was so heavy and why the person would claim a 4 link would not have the advantage over a S/S truck.

But in the end I don't have the time to build a truck to run either class so I dont have a dog in this fight and could care less either way

lb7greenmax

copied never duplicated
Nov 26, 2012
?
See that's what happens when you bullshit it continues on to more bullshit!

I'm not gonna waste anymore time confirming that!

Honestly its too bad, cuz you are deep down a avid racer..but enough of the the shit.
I got threads confused that was my bad i cant remember all the shit i post nor do i have time to worry about one person picking one single line and using it like the bible... Ok i eat my words i did mean to put 2012 cause that was the last time it was out of overkill before i blew it up in PA BUT topic remains i have not been quiet about the trans being out and rebuilt ever... i have no issue with people knowing that fact !!!

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
I got threads confused that was my bad i cant remember all the shit i post nor do i have time to worry about one person picking one single line and using it like the bible... Ok i eat my words i did mean to put 2012 cause that was the last time it was out of overkill before i blew it up in PA BUT topic remains i have not been quiet about the trans being out and rebuilt ever... i have no issue with people knowing that fact !!!

No worries!

Perhaps I missread? Word of advice though is go easy on Mr pliska. And Dirty Max.
What they do is represent the diesel world a hell of a lot more than you or I ever will!

Show some respect!

Cknight199

Aug 23, 2012
Salt Lake City, Utah
Hey dumb ass you dont have an opinion !!! lets start there ... your just another bitch running his mouth with no facts .. so why dont you take a flight with no chute ;) You wanna ask andrew right here right now about the kit and what i came through for him on my part.. hes here just ask know it all :) you think cause you over hear shit your some kind of genius ???? no your a joke... You have not a clue you read cause thats all you can muster up the energy to do..... So take your worthless opinion and shove it up your ass :) thank you buddy :)

Here is what I read. Forgive me if I read It wrong but it seems the kit is falling apart?...

For starters, the bridge was warped when I got it. Upon a CAREFUL installation it cracked pretty good. So I had to have it welded, the pass side IC pipe blew off while data logging and bent it self in half along with put a hold in it (never really lined up 100%) and above all, my alternator is weak... I have NO way to get it out unless I cut the neck of the bridge or start taking the front of the truck apart.
It's nice "looking" kit but Joe has the nicest products I've seen hands down. So this kit will be with his 2 piece billet machined manifold, up pipes and manis, custom intercooler and supporting piping kit along with what ever he decides to do while my truck is there

sickdiesel

Apr 22, 2010
It honestly took me a page or 2 to realize that was D talking as I forgot he got banned lol no smileys or !!! Lol

It's cool to see the truck making events and staying together as that is what the sport is about. If D would just delete his accounts everywhere, go out and race, and just do his thing I think he would get a lot more respect.

Kinda like what I talked about with you in Woodburn dmitri, drama just causes shit but you love it. Lol

Dan@PPE

Diesel Enthusiast
Aug 8, 2006
So Cal.
More like 1000hp.

Misery is more impressive to me, mainly because it's a 19 year old :thumb::thumb:

So because I disagree on a weight of the truck makes me a hater :eek:

Patiently waiting on the news ;)

Nope! What make you and other people "Haters" is every time someone says or posts something about Dmitri you throw your 2 cent in.... When you do it's usually a dig at him. Didn't your parents ever teach you "If you don't have anything nice to say then don't say anything"?????:hug:

So what you have posted is you think he is making 1000hp. So with that information and the MPH he has run (multiple pass at 150mph+, best of 153.xx mph) you are saying his truck MUST weigh around 4300lbs (do the math and get back to me).

So do think his truck weighs more than 4300 lbs or is it possible he is making more power than you thought??? ;)

Just some quick numbers for everyone else who might not be able to "check my math"

We all KNOW that mph is a TRUE indicator of raw power :thumb:

1000 rwhp @ 4300lbs =153.xx mph
1000 rwhp @ 6100lbs =136.xx mph

1400 rwhp @ 6100lbs =153.xx mph
1400 rwhp @ 4300lbs =172.xx mph

So Brian :baby:.... What REALLY makes more sense????

Is he lighter like you said and making less power OR Heavier and making more power?????:woott:

Dan@PPE

Diesel Enthusiast
Aug 8, 2006
So Cal.
I would bet that Maxedout weighs less than Overkill and I bet the suspension works better too..... :thumb:

:D I'll be your huckleberry.......

What about the 2 HUGE air to waters? full cage and 4 link (NON BACKHALF'D)?

I would bet that the 4 link setup weighs more than the stock suspension.

How much do really think the fiberglass helped? Maybe 50-75 lbs?

I know what my stripped down reg cab weighs......I'm sticking with a little over 6k...

We will have pictures and weights hopefully in the day or so.... for all the haters (Brian this means you):thumb:

I would bet that Maxedout weighs less than Overkill and I bet the suspension works better too..... :thumb:

:D I'll be your huckleberry.......

What about the 2 HUGE air to waters? full cage and 4 link (NON BACKHALF'D)?

I would bet that the 4 link setup weighs more than the stock suspension.

How much do really think the fiberglass helped? Maybe 50-75 lbs?

I know what my stripped down reg cab weighs......I'm sticking with a little over 6k...

We will have pictures and weights hopefully in the day or so.... for all the haters (Brian this means you):thumb:

Add a couple hundred more to the weight... Then account for 8800ft DA, Now what is it making? How about a compensation for the lack of dampening/tuning from the suspension?

Are we close yet???? ;)

Math looks pretty close to the 1400-1600 RWHP he has dyno'd a multiple events this year....

Yes, I meant P/S...
Why the hell would you have a race only truck that is so heavy over the min weight? :confused:

And to say a race setup 4 link is a better suspension than a S/S truck? :confused:

Really I could care less, I just don't have the time hit up more than one race a year. Oh well

This wasn't really directed at you, just the person that said another truck that was S/S had the advantage over you in weight and suspension. I was just wondering why the truck was so heavy and why the person would claim a 4 link would not have the advantage over a S/S truck.

But in the end I don't have the time to build a truck to run either class so I dont have a dog in this fight and could care less either way

That is not my call as it was not my truck to build...:hug:

You need to READ what I wrote... Not what you WANTED to read...

In my opinion with the way the truck is setup NOW the 4 link is a disadvantage..... Now if he gets it tuned and working as it should, it should be an advantage (except for the weight added)

for you "caring less" you sure have some strong feelings ;):angel:

Subman

Old Geezer
Jun 27, 2008
Madras, OR, Pahrump NV
I have a real simple solution to this, why don't you weigh the truck? :confused: I'd like to know what it actually weighs and add it to the info on the truck on the quick Dmax list.:thumb:

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
I have a real simple solution to this, why don't you weigh the truck? :confused: I'd like to know what it actually weighs and add it to the info on the truck on the quick Dmax list.:thumb:

That would be to easy and then the drama and cheerleaders would have to stop! What fun would that be? :D

red1977

Nov 15, 2010
Ogden Utah
D has helped me out a lot and I have never given him a dime. Every time I see him he takes the time to talk to me even if he is busy. All I can say d is f#$ k everyone and do your thing.

Bonestock

Aug 9, 2010
Worland Wy
Overkill

Whether there is drama or not, one thing I will always give credit to Dmitri is that he has set the bar at a very high level. If anyone feels they can put down a bigger dyno number than him then by all means stop talking about it and do it. Also his 153 mph pass with this truck being on the track only a few times this year is also very impressive. I am not one into all the drama either but I will always credit someone when credit is earned.:thumb:

blk smoke lb7

<-----Lots of green $
Nov 8, 2010
belvidere,ill
D there are reasons you get tags like Dramitri, your trucks are impressive and it takes someone good behind the wheel as well but quit pounding the key boards and go race.You are in the cross hairs because of where your at, your gonna have people dig on you thats for sure.Also (I hate to bring this up but....) if you make a deal with someone for tuning or manifolds or before I ever let it escalate to levels it did I don't care what it cost me I'd make it right.
I'm with Simon I can see your passion for the dmax and racing and you have set the bar pretty high let your truck and time slips do the talking weigh the truck so people know where your coming from.I'm glad to see your back on DD I just don't want the b.s. that follows most of the time. Best of luck, Scottl