"OFFICIAL" What did you do to your D-Max today?

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Replaced the driver's side seat heater on BBT today. Piece of cake. :)

Went in the shop, looked at Flyin' Brick, and then proceeded to hop on the mower and mow the lawn/chop leaves. I do have a line on a nice chrome-bar grill and good front bumper for low/no cost from a friend on the route who is parting a truck, I just have to go take them off the truck.

rgullett83

Oct 27, 2008
Illinois
52ca46b322fbf58bc35b3d8ec6884023.jpg

Spent a few hours this evening getting a jump start on this. Head gaskets in an lly.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

rgullett83

Oct 27, 2008
Illinois
This one took me about 2 1/2 hours, due to add on wiring for snow plow, and air bags etc.. typically takes a little over an hour

Novak

SQUIRREL TRYN TO GET A NUT
Jun 15, 2015
Cloud 9, IDAHO
Got this today at Leonard Petroleum, the salesman said to put it on a clean rod or stick and dip it into the fuel cell and it will turn bright red if there is excessive water in my fuel. I use the same station ever time so hopefully their fuel doesn't turn red!
b6082a1a4477dff96a8cf4d1895f5482.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aug 3, 2013
Arizona
Haven't posted here in a while, but anyways. I experienced my first ever allison limp.. downshifted with tow haul on at about 55 mph, fresh trans fluid and allison filters on a 90hp tune. Truck has 250k miles, I was pretty shocked that it limped with this tune, comparing it to my previous lb7 with 270k on the clock which I beat the crap out of with a 110 tune. Oh well I guess

rgullett83

Oct 27, 2008
Illinois
Replaced my alternator.. it quit charging 45 mins away from home. Glad I have good batteries

Proneshooter

Grumpy old man
Aug 21, 2016
Michigan
Just finished changing the water pump, thermostats, serpentine belt, idler pulley's, and the belt tensioner. Took me about 7 hours but it was a really nice day to be outside.

jliddle

Jun 30, 2012
NC
Rear pads and some fresh rotella.

Need to get updated cab mounts and shocks ASAP. Beaming like a mofo.

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
Replaced my alternator.. it quit charging 45 mins away from home. Glad I have good batteries

My employees was giving him trouble friday, I pulled it and ran it over to an altenator shop. 60 bucks for a new clutch pulley and she was good to go. Seems its that time of year or something, I have several boats with charging issues on the books next week...

jliddle

Jun 30, 2012
NC
What is frame beaming exactly?

I believe it has to do with our frames being not fully boxed in the rear. Has a sort of bounce around 40-50mph. Usually fixed by doing the updated cab mounts and good rear shocks.

CarolinaHD

Feb 8, 2011
NC
What is frame beaming exactly?

http://www.duramaxdiesels.com/forum/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=138511

Here is the campaign:

It's listed as:

""GM Campaign #PIT3009J: Suspension Vibration Or Frame Beaming At 40-60 MPH (64-80KM/H) - keywords front rear shake shock spring tire - (Sept 18,2008)""

Condition/Concern:

Beam shake vibration is usually felt and occurring at speeds between 40-50 mph (64-80 km/h). Hertz readings using an EVA tool are normally bewtween 8-24 HZ. This condition is most common on extended cab and crew cab models but has also been noted in other models.

Recommendation/Instructions:

The severity of the beam shake may vary from vehicle to vehicle. To determine if the concern is beam shake, please perform the following:

1. Test drive vehicle to confirm the condition. A beam shake condition will usually respond to concrete type pavements more than asphalt, so the vehicle should be driven over both surfaces if possible.

2. Place 200-500 pounds in the pickup bed between the closed tailgate and the wheel wells. A beaming condition should dissipate.

-----------

If the concern is determined to be beam shake, this a characteristic of the vehicle. GM Engineering has released updated body mounts to reduce this concern for the Crew and Extended Cab Models. There will be no changes made to the Regular Cab Models.

FOR CREW AND EXTENDED CAB MODELS, REPLACE THE REAR CAB MOUNTS WITH UPDATED PARTS LISTED BELOW. THESE PARTS SHOULD NOT BE USED ON REGULAR CAB MODELS.

New upper and lower mounts should be installed at the left and right rear cab position. The new LOWER mount is a two-piece design, meaning there is a rubber mount with a metal washer. Some models may use a one piece lower mount, meaning the rubber mount has a metal washer molded into it. If the vehicle has the one-piece lower mount design, washers (PN 15854745, Qty 2) will be needed to be used with the new lower mount.

Upper Mount 25791031 Qty 2

Lower Mount 25791032 Qty 2

Washer 15854745 Qty 2 (if needed)

Please follow this diagnostic or repair process thoroughly and ccomplete each step. If the condition exhibited is resolved without completing every step, the remaining steps do not need to be performed.

END.....