"OFFICIAL" What did you do to your D-Max today?

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
Got the trailer ready to go to Vegas tomorrow and pick the truck up. Been a long 6 months.

Hopefully the 6.0 ford makes it back alive... :eek:

minerigger

Dec 24, 2013
Casper, WY
Put my tailgate back together with a few new pieces...the spoiler will work ok until I get the raptor liner in the bed and and on the tailgate. Might peel all the plasti dip off this weekend, we shall see

durallymax

Apr 26, 2008
Under The Hood
Deleted DPF/Cat/DEF on our 2011 LML. Third one i've done. First two were for local guys, both report picking up 3-4mpg for just driving around. Both have Kory's level one Autocal and drive around on level 4. Both have 4" aFe exhausts, one Machforce stainless with muffler, the other an Atlas aluminized straight piped. Both love the results. The straight pipe is not very loud at all.

For our farm's 2011 I got a Machforce stainless exhaust with muffler and a single towing tune from Kory.

I couldn't be happier with these aFe exhausts, really top notch stuff and a surprisingly low price, plus they still have their LML stuff on the market unlike other companies. I always tell people the more they spend on an exhaust the less they pay me to install them. Cheap ones without welded hangers make me angry, take forever to get lined up and all you ever save is 100 bucks or so. I try to always use stainless because up here the aluminized ones just don't last more than a couple years.

Haven't gotten into the EGR on these yet, unhooked the wiring but haven't gotten to blocking/removing stuff. Ordered an EGR riser Cap from RDL and a throttle/heater delete from DHD. Going to tear into ours and figure the rest out when I get back from hospital stay then do the other guys trucks if they want.

We have two LML's now and one old LB7 that keeps ticking. Love these newer trucks other than the plain jane interiors and the wimpy body panels that get dented and crinkled by a simple snow flake. Plenty of power and they chassis is actually built for a load now. The 2011 is our main trailer truck and spends more than 50% of its miles hauling a 31' cattle trailer with up to 16 cows on it or a 32' flatbed hauling bales. We average about 11-13 with it between trailer and driving around. Got 8mpg on the recent trip dad took to Kansas with 45 weaned bull calves on the trailer. He most likely was doing 75mph average.

If we pick up 1mpg it will offset the costs. I wasn't going to do it until it was off warranty and its at 110k now. The other one is just about to roll 30 and I plan to wait until its off warranty as well. I like the mpg improvement if there is one, but like that our guys wont be stranded in the middle of nowhere in reduced power due to a component failure. None of us mind putting in DEF and the costs are negligible. We have a lot of tractors that use DEF now so we have a nice system setup with a bulk tank, pump, hose reel and auto nozzle with meter. I buy it for $1.70/gallon delivered in bulk from our oil supplier.

Just finished up another set of headgaskets on an LLY last night.

This is how you do a pump rub kit lol. I always do them during headgaskets if the person doesn't have one yet. It's nice and easy to do because you don't have to remove the transfercase. Just split the halves and jack the transmission up a bit.

Stack rotted out on this tractor. Dealer wanted nearly $600 for the factory one. Its 4.5" exhaust pipe which is odd. I went to KW dealer and got this stack for $180. Then bought an elbow for $40 since the stock one was starting to rot. A little custom fab and I got it adapted and mounted.

Just put a Steinbauer Module on our Claas last week, supposed to add 100hp to the 450hp it currently has. Chopper itself is basically the same as the next two models which have 530hp and 630hp. All three models have the OM502 Bi-Turbo Mercedes 16L V8. Huge torque and power band on that motor, very impressive. We usually lug it down to 1500-1600 from over 2,000 no load. With the module we went from 190tons per hour of haylage to 230tons per hour. In the middle of corn silage now, but I haven't heard what the results were yet. We usually can do 210-220 when it was stock.

I took this picture for my wife, she wanted one for her companies calender. Didn't have an extra guy around so I just jumped out of tractor to take picture. Figured nobody would notice there isn't anybody driving since the windows are tinted now. Had chopper driver start into row to make it look like we were chopping. Thats the reason for the little smoke, normally does not smoke much, just when you first load it down.

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
Wow, you've been busy!!!

Man, I'm almost embarrassed now to post that all I've done is installed my danville pinned H2O pump, painted the tops of my injectors and finished up getting all the chrome bolts I wanted to put my engine back together
Lol

Yellow Jacket

WannaBe Sled Puller
Feb 11, 2009
Waterloo, IA
Rebuilding the Dana 60 front in the pulling truck, and pulled the rear pig out for inspection due to the driveline unloading in a quick fashion.

video from last Sunday afternoon...

Attachments

• GrenadedDana60Front.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 25

malibu795

misspeelleerr
Apr 28, 2007
in the buckeye state
Put a bf7587 tall 2 micron on the truck
10632578_10204092831694630_8437272605773163346_n.jpg

15408_10204092832414648_7299898398902984668_n.jpg

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
Got this today and got er on!

10h4oar.jpg

Thanks to Guy for making time this morning to answer my questions and thanks to Lorenzo for helping make decisions over the last few months...
Oh and thanks for making/providing an awesome install tool, that balancer install/removal tool kit is friggin sweet and well worth the cost
:thumb: