"OFFICIAL" What did you do to your D-Max today?

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Received new headlights, turnsignals and taillights for Christmas. Old ones were milky and/or laminations were separating.

Got them all installed today. Me like. :)

Hate to say it, but the next money I spend on BBT is on a a total rebuild of the truck itself. Bed, cab and fenders + coating the frame.

Hambone

Always learning
Jan 24, 2016
Florida
Notre Dame is losing
Borrowing a buddy’s boat and I’m going Shrimping!
e456630ed66944c232741f0712e91b78.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zakkb787

<that’s not me...
Sep 29, 2014
Granite Falls NC
New eBay cheapie headlights, no more grandpa chrome side steps, and finally got my DDM replaced. Lost my power extend mirrors that I don’t actually have. But seems to have fixed my heated seat issues. Great place too got an AC Delco unit for $130

wilrob

Back in the Motherland
Sep 14, 2016
Dallas, TX
Trading my wheels and tires to a buddy who wants them more than me next weekend, he bought a brand new set to give to me. Gonna look a *bit* different. Hopefully they fit

MAXX IT OUT

<<<IT WORKS
Mar 1, 2013
Des Moines, Iowa
Just finished pulling my engine, I decided it was going to be just as easy to pull the engine as do everything in the truck. Doing a LBZ water pump, profab stock style uppipes, porting the manifolds and pedestal, pulling the pan off to fix a oil leak and tap it for a turbo drain and replaced my rear main seal.

SoCalMike

Dec 12, 2010
SoCal
Drove the truck and took a family trip up the the snow yesterday. Halfway through the trip I noticed the converter not locking on the hwy. No engine light. Pulled over at a gas station and scanned the truck PO741. Cleared the code and continued. Converter started locking so went on my way. Noticed when the TC locks, it is not as firm as before. Made it home and no codes still but trans shifted hard/ weird a couple times. Lock up still seems softer than normal. Made a call and sent a pm to Mike to see his recommendation.

While we were having fun playing in the snow, my tailgate handle clip that holds the latch rod broke........ Had to improvise to get the tailgate open since I have a tonneau cover. Had to remove the tailgate lock and remove the tailgate handle bezel. Broke it in the process..... Finally got it open. Ordered a new bezel and handle assembly.
039dbdf66b4e28c8f89c1ab9a038c445.jpg

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
Drove the truck and took a family trip up the the snow yesterday. Halfway through the trip I noticed the converter not locking on the hwy. No engine light. Pulled over at a gas station and scanned the truck PO741. Cleared the code and continued. Converter started locking so went on my way. Noticed when the TC locks, it is not as firm as before. Made it home and no codes still but trans shifted hard/ weird a couple times. Lock up still seems softer than normal. Made a call and sent a pm to Mike to see his recommendation.

While we were having fun playing in the snow, my tailgate handle clip that holds the latch rod broke........ Had to improvise to get the tailgate open since I have a tonneau cover. Had to remove the tailgate lock and remove the tailgate handle bezel. Broke it in the process..... Finally got it open. Ordered a new bezel and handle assembly.
039dbdf66b4e28c8f89c1ab9a038c445.jpg

That looks fun!

SoCalMike

Dec 12, 2010
SoCal
I was able to talk to Mike about the truck yesterday. As soon as he gets some trucks out of the shop I will be bringing my truck down and he will be installing a new converter. We didn't discuss what the new converter will be, but I am sure he will pick something good for me. All I know is it will have a billet stator.
At the same time I asked him to do a fluid exchange on a transfer case and the transmission since it will be out and I'm due for a fluid exchange anyways.

It was nice talking to you Mike and I will see you soon. I hope you feel better soon too.

SoCalMike

Dec 12, 2010
SoCal
Just bought an OBDlink MX+ on Amazon for 50% off on a lightning deal. Supposed to be coming out with enhance diagnosis support for my truck soon. Just going to try it out since my other obd Bluetooth is getting old. Pretty cool little tool to have in the truck.

Josh154

Sep 28, 2015
Sioux Falls SD
Got a link mike? I don’t have any gauges or monitor in the lml yet and don’t know how to update my auto cal to log or view pid’s on the lml. Was thinking of getting a Bluetooth adapter and using that torque app or whatever other apps there is

SoCalMike

Dec 12, 2010
SoCal
Got a link mike? I don’t have any gauges or monitor in the lml yet and don’t know how to update my auto cal to log or view pid’s on the lml. Was thinking of getting a Bluetooth adapter and using that torque app or whatever other apps there is
Here you go buddy.

OBDLink MX+ Bluetooth OBD2 Scanner Turns Your iPhone, iPad, Android, Kindle Fire or Windows Device into a Professional-Grade Diagnostic Scan Tool, Trip Computer, and Real-time Performance Monitor. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07JFRFJG6/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_g7qtCb6HAQNPC

I got it for $49.97 on Amazon lightning deal. Should go on sale again.

I had my cheap Bluetooth obd2 adapter for a long time and it served me good to read codes on the fly and moniter things while driving. This last time I used it while me and the family were going to the mountains to play in the snow. Noticed the truck was acting funny and revving high like the converter was unlocked. Plugged it in and looked at the torque app. Saw that the tcc was not locking and even though I didn't have an engine light I was able to pull a code and clear it. Since mine is getting old I decided to get a new better one. This one is supposed to do a lot more than the regular cheap Bluetooth obd2 adapters.