"OFFICIAL" What did you do to your D-Max today?

DAVe3283

Heavy & Slow
Sep 3, 2009
Boise, ID, USA
Started it for the first time in... well, since it got cold.
[YOUTUBE]-QSo8Av8pCM[/YOUTUBE]
Just wanted to make a video to make fun of some Cummins buddies who's trucks don't like starting when you even mention the word "cold".

Still no heat (bad heater core), but I had to start it to see what was wrong with the steering. Two local shops looked at it and couldn't figure it out. Crawled around and had a friend running the wheel, and I found both tie rods (inner and outer on both sides) are trash. Or not installed properly? Which would be my fault :baby: The rest looks tight, but it feels really bad, even for trashed tie rods.

So, now I know what parts to order, and then I'll see how it drives. Hopefully that will get me to CA where I know of a competent steering shop to check the rest of it out. If anyone knows of one in the Treasure Valley (Idaho), shout it out!

DefiantArms

Limp Mode Cowboy
Jan 28, 2016
St. Augustine, FL
19f5e291fb023d0a4880b210facc11bf.jpg

Got new housings installed old ones were in bad shape

malibu795

misspeelleerr
Apr 28, 2007
in the buckeye state
5.5 days, 3058 miles and i back home..
Ohio to Charlotte NC back to Ohio to Boston back home...
time for food, beer and sleep.. get read to load Monday with possible trip to Miami Florida

Elgavilan

Desert Rat
Aug 28, 2016
Arizona
Pulled the stock lly turbo, rebuilt it, installed an 03 Ford 10 blade turbine wheel and a wetzel compressor wheel and put it back together. That is a tough job by yourself in the garage. Runs really well.

Sent from the Arizona desert