"OFFICIAL" What did you do to your D-Max today?

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
Well got it swapped, the old transmissions 4 and 5 shift fork snapped in 2. It's aluminum so not suprised and not alot of damage other than that.

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
It's so nice having 4th and 5th gear again. She is running strong and shifting good again. Order up some toyos and rear shocks and I'll be set for a while.:woott:

chevor

Highway hauler.
Sep 17, 2015
On the Road
Had a close call.

Northern Indiana is really icy tonight.

Just hooked to 30 foot bumper pull camper.

Came to a 4 way stop right after pulling out of the lot, slid through it. Lucky no traffic!

Put the truck in 4hi. Get going up to about 40mph and....

Rear end of truck moves towards ditch, cranking wheel to counter steer, off throttle, look and see CAR IS ONCOMING.... JUST ABOUT TO.....

Tap brakes, truck and trailer straighten out. 20 mph for 5 miles to Walmart for the night. Thank God for Trailer brakes!

Proud owner of a new pair of underwear.

motoking_1990

May 9, 2011
Terre Haute, IN
Had a close call.

Northern Indiana is really icy tonight.

Just hooked to 30 foot bumper pull camper.

Came to a 4 way stop right after pulling out of the lot, slid through it. Lucky no traffic!

Put the truck in 4hi. Get going up to about 40mph and....

Rear end of truck moves towards ditch, cranking wheel to counter steer, off throttle, look and see CAR IS ONCOMING.... JUST ABOUT TO.....

Tap brakes, truck and trailer straighten out. 20 mph for 5 miles to Walmart for the night. Thank God for Trailer brakes!

Proud owner of a new pair of underwear.
The wind here has been unreal. I live in Terre Haute area. I went up to covington and about lost it from the wind pushing me. Had speeds of 50 mph

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
Proud owner of new underwear.....Hahahaha
Glad no "other" incident occurred, lol (-=

It's nice to have brakes again, pedal is firm and at the top of the stroke again...

Shout out to 1A auto for sending me the right parts, unlike Summit...who sent me the wrong EBC kit... And, they had great prices! Got a Timken hub assembly, CV and 4 rotor and pad set (stock brakes now :( ) for less than the EBC kit I returned...pretty much a win!!! But, I already miss the bite of aftermarket pads and performance rotors...oh well, I got somethin safe to drive and it's still pretty cool

Hot COCOAL

Jun 9, 2012
I'm done with Summit... They probably send me the wrong part 3 of 10 orders...never had a worse track record with any other company...they're really good with the returns tho :rolleyes:

Hot COCOAL

Jun 9, 2012
F**k this truck:mad:
Woke up starving and no food in the house
Went to McD's, driving home the truck started shaking violently
:confused:

Popped the hood and the drivers side of the engine is floppin around like a freshly caught fish in the bottom of a boat...

Thinkin the bolts fell out of the motor mount....?
Thoughts? Could it be anything else?

At the time I was grateful for what seemed like a helping hand, but between paying for the junkyard engine, buying oval bowl pistons that I never saw and loosing all my performance parts (Turbo, injectors, trans, balancer, flexplate and the list goes on) just to get an engine and trans swapped out...and the slew of issues that have followed that Ive had with the work that was done, I'm tired of living this nightmare ...

Go F**K yourself Russ

custom8726

Feb 25, 2008
Upstate N.Y

Popped the hood and the drivers side of the engine is floppin around like a freshly caught fish in the bottom of a boat...

At the time I was grateful for what seemed like a helping hand, but between paying for the junkyard engine, buying oval bowl pistons that I never saw and loosing all my performance parts (Turbo, injectors, trans, balancer, flexplate and the list goes on) just to get an engine and trans swapped out...and the slew of issues that have followed that Ive had with the work that was done, I'm tired of living this nightmare ...

Go F**K yourself Russ

Did not expect to read that WTF? :confused:

CarolinaHD

Feb 8, 2011
NC
Well got it swapped, the old transmissions 4 and 5 shift fork snapped in 2. It's aluminum so not suprised and not alot of damage other than that.

You interested in selling that broken zf6?

Jason, take a breather and step away from the keyboard....

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Its Coco. He's loco.

I went out and looked at my truck today. Yep, its still there. Even starts reliably. :thumb: Who knew?

Then I went into the shop and looked at the half ton, and I just shook my head at how dumb I truly am. :roflmao:

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo

At the moment I'm gonna hold on to her, as hard as it was to find one I'm scared to let it go lol. Maybe I'll get the itch to buy some parts and sell it to cover that but not right now anyway.

minerigger

Dec 24, 2013
Casper, WY
Its Coco. He's loco.

I went out and looked at my truck today. Yep, its still there. Even starts reliably. :thumb: Who knew?

Then I went into the shop and looked at the half ton, and I just shook my head at how dumb I truly am. :roflmao:
How does the 1/2 ton make you dumb Tom?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

CarolinaHD

Feb 8, 2011
NC
At the moment I'm gonna hold on to her, as hard as it was to find one I'm scared to let it go lol. Maybe I'll get the itch to buy some parts and sell it to cover that but not right now anyway.

Smart man, I can't find a 4x4 anywhere :( might just have to run a divorced case.

CarolinaHD

Feb 8, 2011
NC
Its Coco. He's loco.

:roflmao:

RPM Motorsports

smokinum
May 13, 2008
Central Valley Ca.

Go F**K yourself Russ

So before you even know or find out what's going on "Go F**K yourself Russ" is thrown out there...? Jason, you need to back the **** up and think about things for a second... YOU wanted all performance parts gone because the ex was screwing you over, and you wanted it stock so you could get rid of it.

I'm still -$11k into your build for helping you out on a job you could not follow through on. I received a total of $5k from you last minute for an engine from the yard, so you could have your truck back up and running. There was an agreement that your parts could be sold to fund the rest of the labor... So how about finding out if you ripped the drivers side mount (common), before going off on people. The way you told me you beat the shit out of your truck.., anything is possible... Hell you left my shop and said you did 100mph+ all the way back to Washinton (with salvage motor) months ago, and have not herd a word from you since... Eat something, seems your blood sugar level is out of whack!

Hot COCOAL

Jun 9, 2012

I've let this slide too long

Its Coco. He's loco.

Tom...you couldn't handle my life

Yeah Russ, go F**K yourself in the ass, DP style with desert cacti
I didnt have the cash for a minute...and I explained that I would and asked you to do the build and let me make payment installments...

The "decision I made" was made for me
"I wanted it stock" ???? STFU RUSS- That was your idea, you pushed it and I conceeded to the idea due to lack of options

You still have the parts?
If I trusted you I'd buy every one right now

You took advantage of a bad situation and I offered to pay you as things resolved with my situation, as they have....You're out 11kk? Jesus, get real Russ...

You got about 12k in aftermarket parts...you even took my friggin serviceable lifetime oil filter

You stood behind the engine, Salvage motor or not...
YOU DID SHOTTY WORK OR ALLOWED IT TO HAPPEN CUZ YOU WERE FRUSTRATED

YOU SAID IT TOOK 40hrs to put a stock engine back together, when you also said you pulled it whole from a donor truck...??? How's that work again?

Russ, you got more than you deserved
Period

And I've been under the hood fixin YOUR SHIT, every other week...including the night I picked it up when the headlights didnt work...remember??? There's been coolant leaks, and it uses coolant (which I discussed with you the night I picked it up) the downpipe was loose, the cold side IC pipe to intercooler connection looked like a teeneager took his best shot at makin somethin work and it blew off the week I got it back, I was surprised it made it home, despite "how I drive" ...what else, lets see....the hood was hitting the fender and chipped the paint, there was a new dent in the passenger side fender....your "crew" couldnt even get the fender liners in right LMFAO!!! Oh, there was not enough trans fluid, which is why it shifted poorly (which I also mentioned the night I got it back, and fixed myself at the first service station I stopped at, watching coolant pour off the passenger side of the engine) it was low on oil...in fact, I don't believe you even changed the oil upon the swap...the filter was hammered, I'd guess the trans fluid is from the donor truck as well

You haven't heard a word about it cuz you're not worth my time...what were you gonna tell me, drive it back to Cali? Please...

You're a shiester and a fink
There's a reason you don't get along with Mike L and PPE...as you talked devious shit on them in person

You even talked shit about the mods on this forum and of the forum itself...or are you gonna back out of those statements, now, being called out on it...

Last edited: