"OFFICIAL" What did you do to your D-Max today?

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
Where does one buy this ultimate idler arm? I can't find it on google

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
Dunno who makes it but several supporting vendors have it on their sites. Fleece carries it for example. No idea where to find it for 100 bucks though.

Electro-02gold1ton

Super Dually
Nov 15, 2015
ABQ,NM
Oil change, fuel filter change. Then I deleted the smog pump and put a FE9 belt on. Still need to deal with the rest of the EGR stuff but for now it's disable with pump removal(pump wasn't working anyway).

minerigger

Dec 24, 2013
Casper, WY
Not mine but port and polished an ihi for a buddy. Damn that takes a while with burr bits and flapper wheels. Definitely isn't as round or precise as what Russell does but it should work good.

My question though for those of you with an lb7. Buddy got a magnaflow downpipe and when we put it on the exhaust housing I just ported it is smaller than any part of the opening. Is this normal? I'll get a pic

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
Guess I'll put a moog idler on it. Never had an issue with one and it's not like I'm making big power

OregonDMAX

Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
Dunno how good it is but rare parts makes an HD idler arm. It looks better than the poopy moog part, mine got loose in under 20k. I was looking at it as an alternative to the ultimate.

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
Dunno how good it is but rare parts makes an HD idler arm. It looks better than the poopy moog part, mine got loose in under 20k. I was looking at it as an alternative to the ultimate.

PPE also makes Pitman and idler arms. To solve the steering problem.

I'll look into those. At the rate I drive this truck it'll take a couple years to put 20k on it.. I can change one in about 15-20 min so it's no huge deal. Plus I can get the moog well under $100.

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
Just found the rare parts idler. Might go that route depending on availability. Gotta have it next week.

OregonDMAX

Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
what the difference between that and the supper steer stuff?

AFAIK nobody makes a similar unit to the super steer idler pivot.

But now for idler arms, Kryptonite has an idler arm that looks like the Ultimate Idler but I don't know how good it is. One step below that I would think would be the rare parts HD idler and pitman. They look pretty stout for the price which is way below the kryptonite and the ultimate, if its even obtainable anymore.