"OFFICIAL" What did you do to your D-Max today?

DixonM

Nov 20, 2014
Florida
Malibu you should drive to the nearest dealer ship and trade her in on a 4500 dodge. And then you can go make some money. I feel for you it looks like an up hill battle with the old girl. Good luck in your decision.

matt78

Finally boosted launches
Sep 10, 2012
texas
Same engine/Trans are rated for 36k in GCWR in 5500 kodiaks... The weak linknis the rear axle in my truck..
Stock turbo on. Get 30 mile down the road low coolant light comes on it takes 2 gallons found this
12143069_10207035996351907_96800606710655937_n.jpg

Then this
https://youtu.be/obr0wq2zSx8
Debating whether to limp towards Denver which is up hill 400 miles

I know you had to build the motor,but I can't remember, did you purchase the truck used? I'd so how many miles were on it? And fwiw,my brother in law had a dodge dually 5.9,busted rings at 200,000 plus,only pulled a travel trailer. Not picking sides on trucks ,but it is what it is. He also has other repairs,just like duramax and ford owners. Sorry for your luck.

malibu795

misspeelleerr
Apr 28, 2007
in the buckeye state
So update..
Truck lost the turbo outside Salina KS.. Dmaxsub(waynes) let.me borrow a lbz charger and LMM air intake plumbing..
Shortly after leaving coated the side of the trailer... Found DS draft tube was kinked shut.. Got it open haven't been coating the trailer... Got to Oakley KS(200 miles) did an oil change.. Pulled out 4.5 gallons of oil/water . currently typing this in Stratton CO.. Stopped to top the radiator...
Truck is on its 3rd engine since I've owned it.... Bought it used with 95-98k on it.. Lost the first engine (piston)end of may, lost the bore and balanced engine(crankshaft) in August in Miami where JD at CFDP and I put a junkyard LBZ in that was supposed to have only 106k or so.. Got ~20k on it.. It's not dead yet... Limping along @55 in a 75 is no fun.. The thinking if it blows the closer to Denver the more options I have for help and rebuild right now I'm ~150 miles out vs 430 I started at

Last edited:

divemonster

Sep 12, 2014
So update..
Truck lost the turbo outside Salina KS.. Dmaxsub(waynes) let.me borrow a lbz charger and LMM air intake plumbing..
Shortly after leaving coated the side of the trailer... Found DS draft tube was kinked shut.. Got it open haven't been coating the trailer... Got to Oakley KS(200 miles) did an oil change.. Pulled out 4.5 gallons of oil/water . currently typing this in Stratton CO.. Stopped to top the radiator...
Truck is on its 3rd engine since I've owned it.... Bought it used with 95-98k on it.. Lost the first engine (piston)end of may, lost the bore and balanced engine(crankshaft) in August in Miami where JD at CFDP and I put a junkyard LBZ in that was supposed to have only 106k or so.. Got ~20k on it.. It's not dead yet... Limping along @55 in a 75 is no fun.. The thinking if it blows the closer to Denver the more options I have for help and rebuild right now I'm ~150 miles out vs 430 I started at
Good luck man I hope you make it

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

baddaddition

Mar 10, 2013
Malibu you should drive to the nearest dealer ship and trade her in on a 4500 dodge. And then you can go make some money. I feel for you it looks like an up hill battle with the old girl. Good luck in your decision.
Smart ass or just fng?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

baddaddition

Mar 10, 2013
Where at in Co. Are you close to again? I m have a fellow Dmax buddy in Denver...? Hello to any of y'all in his area... We got a wounded soldier pulling into friendly ground. Help if ya can! GL buddy. If ya need anything call or text, I'll do my best!

66lilly

Jun 7, 2014
Colorado
Ya know people run their suck to us Dmax guys about well you don't see a Cummins breaking cranks, or see all these turbo failures or lifted heads and stretched studs.... There is one thing I've realized about those conversations.... They are the lazy drivers whom take it easy and do t ask for much out of their trucks... We on the other hand go from million mile road haulers to drag racing to truck pulling to weekend warrior racing and pulling some crazy chit!!!....... With the same basic motor design for over 15 yrs and running. We ask more out of these trucks than any other diesel out there... ( variety of stuff) for says well ya don't want a 6.0 if your pulling heavy stuff...or the stock 7.3 are good for this but ya have to turn em up for this... And Cummings with their well a manual is great for this or that, but a "P" pump motor is great with this or that.... We have the same damn motor and trans with exception of an extra gear here or there or may e a cheap easier injector replace...wtf. Fellas we are one of a kind. We get the best out of these motors all around. May not be cheap, bit neither is jumping to a different designed motor every year like the others.

Well said!!

malibu795

misspeelleerr
Apr 28, 2007
in the buckeye state
Where at in Co. Are you close to again? I m have a fellow Dmax buddy in Denver...? Hello to any of y'all in his area... We got a wounded soldier pulling into friendly ground. Help if ya can! GL buddy. If ya need anything call or text, I'll do my best!

Here
Serpentix Conveyor Corporation

https://goo.gl/maps/5DvtZw3xuZT2

I know few forum members out here in Denver area. Definitely be getting a game plan tomorrow

Last edited:
Aug 3, 2013
Arizona
Thinking of what the better deal is.. A blue 05 lly crew cab with center console and cloth interior with 209k miles for $12,900. Or a white 06 crew cab slt lbz with 256k miles for $13,900. Both are 4wd push button and both sierras. The 06 could be a vin 2 as well.

Last edited:

DixonM

Nov 20, 2014
Florida
I wasn't trying to be a smart a$$. I was stating what I would be doing as his truck makes money and if its down for repairs its costing money. And if he can bump up to a 4500 chassis it would be better for the job as long as dot. regulations would be the same for him.

Aug 3, 2013
Arizona
A new issue has started for my truck as of earlier this week. I go to work in the morning at 6.40, the truck cranks very fast and starts immediately. I get off work at 5.30 and attempt to start my truck. It cranks very fast but cranks for 10 seconds or so before starting. Its been taking longer to start as each day passes. Id say the issue started on monday or tuesday, im not sure if it has to do with the weather cooling down (high 50s/low 60s at night) My truck does not smoke at all at idle. Thanks in advance

Last edited:

countrycorey

Trust Me I'm an Engineer
Jan 30, 2010
LA
Trying to figure out how I'm going to fix this coolant drip I can't seem to get rid of at my coolant tanks level sensor.

Corey