"OFFICIAL" What did you do to your D-Max today?

Yellow Jacket

WannaBe Sled Puller
Feb 11, 2009
Waterloo, IA
I thought the same thing but the dealer says different. And yes I need a new project.
Plus my LML is worn out. 27K miles after 5 years. It once carried a 75lb converter and it's never been the same.:roflmao: This truck is a big meow. Not a scratch on the trailer hitch. It is for sale.

I bought my '05 new leftover, and it has 42,000 miles on it...but it definitely has some Iowa scratches and nicks and has been rode hard and put away wet....

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
The wife's truck got worked snatching out all my shrubs (died by a late winter frigid cold snap) around my house. Of course it was the hottest day of the year so far & I decided to do hard work outside. Idiot. :D

So this afternoon it got freshened up. Drained the oil via the Fumoto Drain Valve (hate that friggin thing. Waaay too slow). While the oil was taking its time draining, I removed the old oil filter as well as the Aliison Spin-on filter. Wiped off the magnet & placed it on the new Allison filter. Topped the filter off with Dex IV, lubed the seal cleaned the filter base & spun it on hand tight plus a quarter turn more. Now that the oil had finished draining, I wiped down the base, lubed the new seal & spun on a new AC Delco PF2232 oil filter. Crawled back up top & poured in 2.5 gal of Shell Rotela T6 Synthetic 5W-40. Topped off the wiper fluid & engine coolant & went for a spin around the block.

Nice easy afternoon playing with a dmax. Life's good. :D

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Took my truck to the dealer for the first time in its life. Needed the ac recharged :mad: they washed it and put mexi shine on the tires and then it monsoon rained.

Shoulda pm'ed. I do a/c stuff aaallllllll the time as side job at the house. I have everything needed :D

onemanclan

Jul 20, 2015
I've owned my '05 Sierra for just a year this month... Last year I immediately installed a Magnaflow exhaust along with a K&N cold air intake... Today I installed Pro Comp wheels. I LOVE how they changed the look of it!
8384e716dea7d68120ed26759064d445.jpg

Reno eNVy

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
"Raced" a guy in a turbo civic...

LOL
"Race"

I raced a turbo civic once as well... This one had ignition problems and was breaking up above 6k but he still managed to clip me at the end. That car put 650 hp to the tires on a chassis dyno with more to give. I pulled the car in a 20ft enclosed trailer, unloaded the trailer pulled the tail gate dropped the tire pressure and torsion bars and pulled in line with him. Loaded all back up the next day and pulled it all home, 6 hour drive one way:D Neither of us had the best of runs the civic was capable of low 10's and my converter wasn't locking until 90 at the end of the track but it was fun anyway. The look on the lady's face when I told her I needed 2 T/T passes was priceless.
[YOUTUBE]qF1OSbCbO7Y[/YOUTUBE]

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
What did you run? Looked quick!

12.50 something @ 105 or 6 I can't remember. The converter not locking was really costing me on the big end, it felt like it grabbed another gear when it did lock somewhere around 1100 feet... I also ran my 305 55R 20 toyo at's and the BMF's, not very good 60 footers:D 1.85 IIRC.

I have a lock up controller now but haven't made it back to the track in a couple years... 6 hour drive is long way if you break it;)

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
And he thought he was cool when he got that turbo installed like."Yay! 200 ft lbs of torque baby!!"
He did think his car was quick...
Lol

I raced a turbo civic once as well... This one had ignition problems and was breaking up above 6k but he still managed to clip me at the end. That car put 650 hp to the tires on a chassis dyno with more to give. I pulled the car in a 20ft enclosed trailer, unloaded the trailer pulled the tail gate dropped the tire pressure and torsion bars and pulled in line with him. Loaded all back up the next day and pulled it all home, 6 hour drive one way:D Neither of us had the best of runs the civic was capable of low 10's and my converter wasn't locking until 90 at the end of the track but it was fun anyway. The look on the lady's face when I told her I needed 2 T/T passes was priceless.

Oh yeah man, those lil buggers can be made to move out, fer sure...
You can hear the timing issues and even physically see that car hesitating in the video

The civic I was up against was NOT that legit
Lol

His passenger sent me a vid of a roll race we did, he sent it via text and I can't seem to get it to laod, here. Had a nice in cabin shot of the civic with the digital dash reading125, and you can see my tailgate shrinking through the windshield
:thumb:

Guy couldn't believe that my truck pulled like it does, from any speed
LMAO
TORQUE BABY!

Last edited:

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
Dang man! Twins right? Hum man you're making me spend money I don't have!
Guy's have gone faster with less... Some lighter better hooking tires and the lock box should net me a low 12 High 11 right before the rods start helping by lowering my compression:rofl:
He did think his car was quick...
Lol

Oh yeah man, those lil buggers can be made to move out, fer sure...
You can hear the timing issues and even physically see that car hesitating in the video

The civic I was up against was NOT that legit
Lol

His passenger sent me a vid of a roll race we did, he sent it via text and I can't seem to get it to laod, here. Had a nice in cabin shot of the civic with the digital dash reading125, and you can see my tailgate shrinking through the windshield
:thumb:

Guy couldn't believe that my truck pulled like it does, from any speed
LMAO
TORQUE BABY!
Most don't expect a big truck to move out like that:thumb:

That Civic in the video is straight up violent. He just put new 1250 Horse axles in it and was trying to get the new engine combo shook out before taking it up to 1000 hp... I don't give a rats ass what anyone says that car was impressive. To bad his psyhco ex wife convinced him to sell it and move there family to Cali so she could divorce him... I really wanted to see if it had a 9 in it.

WolfLMM

Making Chips
Nov 21, 2006
AL
Swapped out the lift keys for stockers, for drag racing purposes.

Can't get the front end high enough to sit level, as I knew would be the case! Now it's off to the shop to make a make bolt:mad:

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
Most don't expect a big truck to move out like that:thumb:
[/QOUTE]
NOPE, that's one of the reasons I love these trucks sooo much
:woott:

That Civic in the video is straight up violent. He just put new 1250 Horse axles in it and was trying to get the new engine combo shook out before taking it up to 1000 hp... I don't give a rats ass what anyone says that car was impressive. To bad his psyhco ex wife convinced him to sell it and move there family to Cali so she could divorce him... I really wanted to see if it had a 9 in it.
Damn...that's unfortunate forbhis family situation.
And DAMN!
With the parts youre talking abiut and HP #'s like 650-1000, Im sure the car was/is impressive ;)

Sucks he got rid of it, I'd HATE to get rid of my truck...
Although, I would trade it for a modded Grand Sport C6, or a centennial edition Z06 :D

elliottw

Jan 23, 2013
ND
Used the truck to run me a couple hours away to pick up this gem! 85 SS all original with the cute little 305 but it's super clean, lbz swap perhaps:thumb:
D6D8CB40-0874-480B-AB80-F930506B1F07_zpsxdnzhhgd.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]