McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
Every morning I play "doctor" with her, errr... nurse. :eek:

I inject 4 different syringes of drugs into her IV. If this doesn't work, they will have to operate again for the 3rd time.

I'm still getting the truck ready, much of my safety stuff has to be recertified. Got the cage and licensing done, trying to find a place to do my Halon and Coldfire. Harnesses are going to Texas Monday for recert. The rest of the gear is still OK.

Two years in the salt and dirt have taken it's toll on Casper. If you saw the under side of the truck, you'd think it was in North Dakota with 200,000 miles on it, not SoCal with 12k miles.

It is unlikely we can bring our "A" game to the event, we are running out of time. The goal is to pass tech and run some clean stable passes again after the change-over. And it certainly doesn't help that all three of the local tracks are out of operation right now.

D-MAX Mafia

Hood down, smoke up!
Nov 4, 2009
Phoenix
Thanks everyone!

I am very happy with the results of last nights runs. It was definately a true test on my steering setup, the truck was launching incredibly hard. Now the crunch starts to get it prep'd for DDN. I am hoping to shave a few more 10ths by then.

Subman

Old Geezer
Jun 27, 2008
Madras, OR, Pahrump NV
Every morning I play "doctor" with her, errr... nurse. :eek:

I inject 4 different syringes of drugs into her IV. If this doesn't work, they will have to operate again for the 3rd time.

I'm still getting the truck ready, much of my safety stuff has to be recertified. Got the cage and licensing done, trying to find a place to do my Halon and Coldfire. Harnesses are going to Texas Monday for recert. The rest of the gear is still OK.

Two years in the salt and dirt have taken it's toll on Casper. If you saw the under side of the truck, you'd think it was in North Dakota with 200,000 miles on it, not SoCal with 12k miles.

It is unlikely we can bring our "A" game to the event, we are running out of time. The goal is to pass tech and run some clean stable passes again after the change-over. And it certainly doesn't help that all three of the local tracks are out of operation right now.

Might be easier just to cut the leg off.:D Just kidding Kat.

I took one look at those videos and said there is no way in hell I'm taking my truck to Bonneville, I'd fly and rent a car. I wonder if they have something in the rental contract about no driving on the salt flats?

Pat you don need the Halon or Coldfire for drag racing, what does that stuff weigh anyway?

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
Might be easier just to cut the leg off.:D Just kidding Kat.

I took one look at those videos and said there is no way in hell I'm taking my truck to Bonneville, I'd fly and rent a car. I wonder if they have something in the rental contract about no driving on the salt flats?

Pat you don need the Halon or Coldfire for drag racing, what does that stuff weigh anyway?

Fire stuff is about 38lb total.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
so far its beautiful. 65-70* highs and 45-50* lows. chances of rain have been low and what does come through last all of 5 min (generally how az rain works)

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Well i can do either day. Id prefer saturday as i think thats when most of us will be there no?

At this point ill be bringin my grill, patties, and dogs. So take below amd copy/paste what your bringing and we will make a running list

James: grill, hamburger patties, hot dogs