No power after s475 install and retune

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
When I mentioned earlier that my truck was near undrivable after I made my 5 inch intake and didnt rescale it, if I held the pedal to the floor long enough (20 seconds) it would finally see enough air moving and start giving it fuel and it would pick up a little then out of nowhere it would snap ou're neck and take right off..let off and it was the same thing all over again. My maf was scaled rather aggressive for a 4 inch Intake tho so that might be the difference. If the maf was scaled conservative, I could see it not fueling at all.

I called dt. They said they rescale the maf conservatively so it doesn't run to much fuel and run hot. So they said send the ecm back with a return label and they will bump it up more and send it back the same day.

mike diesel

I'm alright.
Sep 6, 2012
SLC, Utah
I called dt. They said they rescale the maf conservatively so it doesn't run to much fuel and run hot. So they said send the ecm back with a return label and they will bump it up more and send it back the same day.

I was sick of playing that game so i just told my tuner right off the bat to make it aggresive. Although it is my preference for it to be tuned aggresive, the smoke doesn't bother me and I can drive it easy still with little smoke. Obviously the harder it fuels down low (to an extent) the less lag you will have. A big single, you will notice, loves the fuel down low.

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
My fass 150 is running fine and I haven't figured out how to check my rail on the torque app. It will read my brothers lly and my buddy's lbz but not my 01.

As far as a boost leak I think it would smoke like a train if it was getting fuel and not build boost. You can just tell the turbo isn't being pushed. It sounds slow and lazy. Like I said that was 4k. I think my egts were like 600 to 700 on my full throttle pulls at 0 psi with zero smoke. It has an exergy sportsman that has like maybe 10,000 miles on it, fass is running but I don't have a Guage. If it was a fuel filter I would think it would have to be pretty plugged up for it to act like this

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
I was sick of playing that game so i just told my tuner right off the bat to make it aggresive. Although it is my preference for it to be tuned aggresive, the smoke doesn't bother me and I can drive it easy still with little smoke. Obviously the harder it fuels down low (to an extent) the less lag you will have. A big single, you will notice, loves the fuel down low.

That's my thinking. I'll leave a note on it telling them that. I don't want it being shipped 20 times to fix this. If they can get it close I'll drive the 4 hours there and have them tune it and dyno it. Yet I don't know if I want my horse power number in the back of my head every time I floor it with the stock bottom end lmao

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
My fass 150 is running fine and I haven't figured out how to check my rail on the torque app. It will read my brothers lly and my buddy's lbz but not my 01.

As far as a boost leak I think it would smoke like a train if it was getting fuel and not build boost. You can just tell the turbo isn't being pushed. It sounds slow and lazy. Like I said that was 4k. I think my egts were like 600 to 700 on my full throttle pulls at 0 psi with zero smoke. It has an exergy sportsman that has like maybe 10,000 miles on it, fass is running but I don't have a Guage. If it was a fuel filter I would think it would have to be pretty plugged up for it to act like this

i know long ago when i had an edge in my truck, the instructions said there were certain things that could not be read in an 01 truck. i believe that was one of them.

like mike said, she definitly gunna need a re tune

ripmf666

Sep 20, 2006
Wentzville Mo
I'm in Wentzville of i70 and hwy Z. Have spare lb7 ecm's here on hand and v2s. You can swap out ECMs and tony tune it. Have the ECM you have sent back and unlocked to stock. I'll work a deal with you on that and tuning cost. Then if you want a Autocal set you up there later when you have more cash. All tuning is free updates no charges like you just paid.

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
I'm in Wentzville of i70 and hwy Z. Have spare lb7 ecm's here on hand and v2s. You can swap out ECMs and tony tune it. Have the ECM you have sent back and unlocked to stock. I'll work a deal with you on that and tuning cost. Then if you want a Autocal set you up there later when you have more cash. All tuning is free updates no charges like you just paid.

Pm me a price. I sent my ecm off yesterday. But they won't have it til next week. Send me a price on a core swapped ecm and 5 tunes. I already have a key lock dsp5. And we can go from there. Maybe I'll call them Monday and have them unlock it and turn it back to stock depending on price. I wouldn't mind trying something new

Gmclbz

Jul 8, 2008
www.upstatedieselperformance.com
Pm me a price. I sent my ecm off yesterday. But they won't have it til next week. Send me a price on a core swapped ecm and 5 tunes. I already have a key lock dsp5. And we can go from there. Maybe I'll call them Monday and have them unlock it and turn it back to stock depending on price. I wouldn't mind trying something new

You will be much happier.:thumb:

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
Ok so you guys think Tony's tunes are gonna be way better than dt's? I wouldn't mind trying it out haven't got a price yet. I want this thing to run. Maybe I'll run dt's tunes til I get that price I'm just wanting to drive this thing plus I could do a direct comparison of the two tuners tunes:thumb:

Harbin_22

Dec 4, 2010
Southern Indiana
DT tuned Ryan Funks truck with a single 75 that went 6.90 in the 1/8th about a dozen times and hundreds of low 7 sec passes and after years of abuse, headgasket finally blew. Truck ran amazing. I'm not a huge fan of them but them but nick can tune

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
Kind of hard to make a switch when I know there customer service is great. And they don't seem to have bad tuning. I need an opinion on someone who had ran both

LbzDMax07

Dec 16, 2013
PA
I went from Dt to Tony. Egt's would peg 1600 in 1/8 mile with Dt, Tonys max around 1550 in the 1/4. I think you will have a hard time getting tuning right without data logging. IMO when you get the cash make the switch, you'll be happy:thumb:

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
I went from Dt to Tony. Egt's would peg 1600 in 1/8 mile with Dt, Tonys max around 1550 in the 1/4. I think you will have a hard time getting tuning right without data logging. IMO when you get the cash make the switch, you'll be happy:thumb:

With a tuning only switch?

pizza pig

I Like to Party
Feb 13, 2012
CT
Anyone can tune a truck to go fast in a straight line. I want my tunes to be able to do that and a whole lot more, most of which you wouldnt experience being a manual truck, but Tony certainly knows his way around, especially lb7's, they're his baby. I say you would be happy with the switch.:thumb:

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
I wish the tracks weren't closed I'd run one switch to compare.
If i get this ecm back and it's not right or even close I'll probably be switching.

LbzDMax07

Dec 16, 2013
PA
Yep. Called and sent them datalogs. Said it was a hard part, something with the truck. Bullshit, wish i didnt give them a single penny of mine. Tonys tunes was better in every way imaginable