No power after s475 install and retune

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
I couldn't resist!!:D
You also get what you pay for!!:D

Yellowchevy

Yes and I believe that. I Just don't want to forget the 750 I paid for the tunes in the first place. I will step up my tuning when I build my motor. Which I thought I'd have my turbo done by now and my engine broken already lol, causing me to save for an engine build. So this maf tuning is pretty safe so far lol

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
Anyone want to sponsor my tuning!? Plenty of records to be broken in a stock motor zf crew cab!... or not but I'll try

Xternal

Aug 31, 2012
Actually your very close to a vendor here. Henry Webb is from your area and owns creatures of the night. You might want to pm him and see if he can do anything for you. When are you suppose to have the ecm back? I'm about 45 mins south and have a v2 but tuning isn't my specialty.

yellowchevy

Sep 9, 2010
Louisburg, KS for now
750?!?!?!

I was thinking the same thing. Tony's ECM's are $400-$550 depending on what year. Tony & Korys Autocals are around $700, again depending on what you're pickup has.

If you had someone local flash with a V2 you'd pay the $125 for the license plus whoever's tuning you go with; Tony or Kory's V2 DSP5 tunes are $250-$299. I'm assuming you've got a DSP5 switch already?
You'd also have to send duramax tuners ECM back to them & get a stock one.

Not trying to get you down by any means, people need to take tuning into account when doing their projects, that's all.

Yellowchevy

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
I was thinking the same thing. Tony's ECM's are $400-$550 depending on what year. Tony & Korys Autocals are around $700, again depending on what you're pickup has.

If you had someone local flash with a V2 you'd pay the $125 for the license plus whoever's tuning you go with; Tony or Kory's V2 DSP5 tunes are $250-$299. I'm assuming you've got a DSP5 switch already?
You'd also have to send duramax tuners ECM back to them & get a stock one.

Not trying to get you down by any means, people need to take tuning into account when doing their projects, that's all.

Yellowchevy

not getting me down at all.:hug:
I know I've ran through all my options just at this time it was a budget decision. I honestly wouldn't have put that turbo on yet, but I had a pushed cup so it would have been stupid not to why I had it apart. I'm sure it's not gonna run bad and maybe even better with a different tuner. If it gets me mid to low 12s I'll be a happy racer. Later when I bend my rods maybe sooner than I expect, and build my engine. I'll be switching tuners. For now I just want to get this maf figured out. I haven't called them yet I probably will on the way to imos lunch buffet at noon!

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
not getting me down at all.:hug:
I know I've ran through all my options just at this time it was a budget decision. I honestly wouldn't have put that turbo on yet, but I had a pushed cup so it would have been stupid not to why I had it apart. I'm sure it's not gonna run bad and maybe even better with a different tuner. If it gets me mid to low 12s I'll be a happy racer. Later when I bend my rods maybe sooner than I expect, and build my engine. I'll be switching tuners. For now I just want to get this maf figured out. I haven't called them yet I probably will on the way to imos lunch buffet at noon!

Just call them and see what they can/will do for you.

in the mean time, are you sure your just not use to the actual major lag this turbo is gunna have over a stocker?

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
I took it to 4k in every gear made 4 pounds of boost with no smoke. Slower than a stock truck

i dont even think a MAF will cause it to hold that much back but i could be wrong.

lift pump running? any way to watch rail pressure?

mike diesel

I'm alright.
Sep 6, 2012
SLC, Utah
When I mentioned earlier that my truck was near undrivable after I made my 5 inch intake and didnt rescale it, if I held the pedal to the floor long enough (20 seconds) it would finally see enough air moving and start giving it fuel and it would pick up a little then out of nowhere it would snap ou're neck and take right off..let off and it was the same thing all over again. My maf was scaled rather aggressive for a 4 inch Intake tho so that might be the difference. If the maf was scaled conservative, I could see it not fueling at all.