No more twinkies!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
Thats TERRIBLE !!!!! :eek:

Which means no more Ring Dings, Devil Dogs, Funny Bones just when they are starting to legalize WEED ! I was going to buy stocks in munchie companies! :mad:

No more Wonder Bread ! :eek:

But the best part thank you UNIONS that will put 18,500 people on unemployment! Way to go way to make concessions in a depressed economy!

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
I don't understand the union heads with their logic... Let's piss and moan about wages when there are thousands of people who would take their job and be happy with making something vs. Unemployment. They cost all of those people their job because of greed

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
I don't understand.

The union says it's Wall Street's fault, but I'm also reading the company is privately held.

My guess is somebody will buy the brand name and reopen. But probably in Mexico or Canada.

Ryan T

Sep 5, 2010
CA
the employees sure are smart.. instead of 9% pay cut they went on strike, morons... now they have no jobs and we dont get to eat Ding Dongs any more..

Ryan T

Sep 5, 2010
CA
i have a case of cup cakes the Hostess guy just brought me, (they used to be an acct. @ my napa until today) should i hold on to them? will they be worth $$$ :roflmao: maybe i can trade some injectors for them?

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
i have a case of cup cakes the Hostess guy just brought me, (they used to be an acct. @ my napa until today) should i hold on to them? will they be worth $$$ :roflmao: maybe i can trade some injectors for them?

Shelf life is forever Ryan.:thumb: Maybe by 2015 someone will trade you a Z06 for them.:roflmao:

doug9940

Ca LLY
Dec 6, 2009
Corona, Ca.
I don't understand.

The union says it's Wall Street's fault, but I'm also reading the company is privately held.

My guess is somebody will buy the brand name and reopen. But probably in Mexico or Canada.

And they will have quacamole inside. Yum!:spit:

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
Oooooooh suuuuure, its the Unions fault, always is, unions are baaaaaad.

Come on, really guys?

Actually it's the dumbshit workers fault. I bet the owners reopen with some changes and use non union workers when they do. Now what are the laid off workers going to do without any skills in this day and age?
When you undertake a bold move such as this, you must have other plans in place in case something goes wrong. The union should have counceled the workers better. I do not feel sorry for them at all.

Fingers

Village Idiot
Vendor/Sponsor
Apr 1, 2008
White Oak, PA
No, they are going to liquidate. The court needs to approve the liquidation, but that it the route they are going to take. All those jobs will be lost.

Their market is tough anyway and has gotten tougher in the last 4 years. They have made a partial move to "healthy" snacks, but those lines have not picked up enough of the slack. Keep in mind this is the second time they have been in bankruptcy court.

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
No, they are going to liquidate. The court needs to approve the liquidation, but that it the route they are going to take. All those jobs will be lost.

Their market is tough anyway and has gotten tougher in the last 4 years. They have made a partial move to "healthy" snacks, but those lines have not picked up enough of the slack. Keep in mind this is the second time they have been in bankruptcy court.

According to the news I read; Hostess owes 900,000,000.00 to the pension fund and cannot pay it.:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.