No Allison for 2017

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
Let's get back on the original subject. No Dodge shit. Start a Dodge thread somewhere else. I don't want to close this as it started well and it was informative. :D

'strokeThis_'07

Oct 2, 2009
Laramie, WY
You have danced around enough on what it takes to build one enough. Either STFU or post a number of what you think it takes parts and labor. I'll bet Mike is right...

:rofl:

How am I dancing around? I didn't know your were too stupid to look up numbers yourself and expected me to spoon feed them. Literally a 30 second search away.

Go pound sand.

'strokeThis_'07

Oct 2, 2009
Laramie, WY
Let's get back on the original subject. No Dodge shit. Start a Dodge thread somewhere else. I don't want to close this as it started well and it was informative. :D

Sorry Mike. I didn't intend to dive into Dodge trans' and start a comparison. Frankly they're both perfectly fine transmissions (built Dodge and Allison). I just saw something and commented. It happens.

PureHybrid

Isuzu Shakes IT
Feb 15, 2012
Central OH

I didn't realize there was any more info on the Allison. Yourself and 3 others that should know, said the Allison is staying. What else is there?

Perhaps some high HP folks should comment how much they spent on their built Ally

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
:rofl:

How am I dancing around? I didn't know your were too stupid to look up numbers yourself and expected me to spoon feed them. Literally a 30 second search away.

Go pound sand.

By not posting any real numbers...

Just arguing for the sake of it, you have derailed this thread with your nonsense...

Go give your boyfriend an ass hug you Cummins guzzler...:hello:

CaptPhil

Sep 10, 2011
Delaware
I didn't realize there was any more info on the Allison. Yourself and 3 others that should know, said the Allison is staying. What else is there?

Perhaps some high HP folks should comment how much they spent on their built Ally
well my limitless build wasn't cheap, and I already had billet shafts.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

'strokeThis_'07

Oct 2, 2009
Laramie, WY
By not posting any real numbers...

Just arguing for the sake of it, you have derailed this thread with your nonsense...

Go give your boyfriend an ass hug you Cummins guzzler...:hello:

Comprehension isn't your strong point, nor is humor; I'm not even the one that brought up Dodge transmissions:roflmao:

Stay classy guy.

IOWA LLY

Yes, its really me
Feb 23, 2007
800+ RWHP capable Allison for $4500 or less by a reputable builder???

Nice dream..........

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Josh154

Sep 28, 2015
Sioux Falls SD
Mike I tried having you send me a trans about a month ago but you said you were too busy and wouldn't be able to get one out for like 2 months. Well I needed the truck back sooner then that and had it built local.

My builder just put in the gmax 6-3 kit with a 1058 converter. I haven't had any issues with the trans but what's a good safe number my trans will handle?

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
Mike I tried having you send me a trans about a month ago but you said you were too busy and wouldn't be able to get one out for like 2 months. Well I needed the truck back sooner then that and had it built local.

My builder just put in the gmax 6-3 kit with a 1058 converter. I haven't had any issues with the trans but what's a good safe number my trans will handle?
That doesn't tell the whole story. Ask your builder. Only he knows what was done to it.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

02CCSB

Built
May 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Canada
How did this turn into a discussion on Dodge crap? Couldn't pay me to own a 6.7 Cummins truck. The 68 is a pile. No one can make them last over 600hp. I have friends who have had numerous "big name" units puke one after another, rated for 850hp, rated for 1000hp, junk. Dodge designed the perfect trans, in stock for will do exactly what they advertise and last 200k miles. Put 100hp into it and it's a turd. Plus the 6.7 headgasket issues and VGT issues! No thanks.