Nitrous for stock LBZ

Stancedlb7

Cummin Stroke this Duramax
Feb 9, 2015
SLC, UTAH
It would be after the tranny gets done. But i wouldn't mind shooting some n20 in mine. Quick question is when I power shift I don't let off the throttle, can I make it cut the n20 off during shifts with the clutch pedal position some how? That way it doesn't rev to quick for me to make the shift? Sorry for the derail

Use your neutral safety switch

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
Can a window switch be used on a diesel? :confused:

I was reading about nitrous on a gasser forum and wondered the same. I don't see why not as long as it can read rpms off of something. Because It said alot of stick cars shift after the max rpm of the window switch, that way it's not spraying until your clutch bogs the engine back into the window switch rpm range.

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
And here I thought people were using the power window switch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GSXRTURBO1

Feb 10, 2015
Detroit MI
I was reading about nitrous on a gasser forum and wondered the same. I don't see why not as long as it can read rpms off of something. Because It said alot of stick cars shift after the max rpm of the window switch, that way it's not spraying until your clutch bogs the engine back into the window switch rpm range.

Your earlier post is what made me think of the question :thumb:

56taskforce

Mar 30, 2014
The window switch questions got me thinking about putting control in the ECM. If a guy could figure out an interface controller I bet a clever tuner could could program it on an unused PID like EGR.

GSXRTURBO1

Feb 10, 2015
Detroit MI
The Hayabusa guys use the airbox flapper circuit in the ECU to control a relay that turns nitrous on and off at programmed RPM's - I don't see why anything that uses RPM values can't be leveraged to do the same on a Duramax ECU ;)

Stancedlb7

Cummin Stroke this Duramax
Feb 9, 2015
SLC, UTAH
Humm so how do u do it? Just let it set n hot water till u put it on the truck?

Sorry for the delayed response. But yes, heat up some water drop er in. Once she's to temp your good. Turn on the blanket and it'll maintain temp down the track. I've noticed my psi drops when I spray to about 650-700 when using only the blanket heater. bottle never drops below 850 when heated with water and blanket heater.