Nitrous for stock LBZ

SSchmi5519

LLY Cult Leader
Oct 19, 2008
Arizona
Get a bottle, line, solenoid, shark nozzle, a relay, and a momentary push button switch.

Get a multi-pack of jets from local auto parts store, they are cheap.

Start with a .050 jet and work up until the exhaust is clean at full boost WOT.

You dont need a special tune for nitrous use.
:thumb:

Stancedlb7

Cummin Stroke this Duramax
Feb 9, 2015
SLC, UTAH
Get a bottle, line, solenoid, shark nozzle, a relay, and a momentary push button switch.

Get a multi-pack of jets from local auto parts store, they are cheap.

Start with a .050 jet and work up until the exhaust is clean at full boost WOT.

You dont need a special tune for nitrous use.
:thumb:

Or if you want a budget two stage: bottle w/brackets, line, three solenoids ,a WET fogger, three relays, a Hobbs act 15psi with a small jet, Hobbs act. 25psi with no jet and a push button for purging.

A nitrous specific tune/dirty tune does help but no its not needed

SSchmi5519

LLY Cult Leader
Oct 19, 2008
Arizona
Oh and I forgot: a toggle switch in between the momentary and the relay, so you dont accidentally kick the button in the mcdonalds drive thru :roflmao: :hug:

SSchmi5519

LLY Cult Leader
Oct 19, 2008
Arizona

If what you mean by "dirty tune" is a low timing tune, then you're just wasting potential energy (hp). When you are at the limit of your hard parts' fueling capabilities you need to use what fuel you have as efficiently as possible. The nitrous is just used to add O2 that you wouldnt be getting otherwise from the turbocharger.

JeremyDon88

Feb 6, 2012
Or if you want a budget two stage: bottle w/brackets, line, three solenoids ,a WET fogger, three relays, a Hobbs act 15psi with a small jet, Hobbs act. 25psi with no jet and a push button for purging.

I was just under the impression nos won't do anything but cool EGT's without extra fuel to burn. If I have a clean tune now I wouldn't think I would get much hp without properly adding fuel and pulling timing but I'm not a tuner so not sure. Lol

Stancedlb7

Cummin Stroke this Duramax
Feb 9, 2015
SLC, UTAH
If what you mean by "dirty tune" is a low timing tune, then you're just wasting potential energy (hp). When you are at the limit of your hard parts' fueling capabilities you need to use what fuel you have as efficiently as possible. The nitrous is just used to add O2 that you wouldnt be getting otherwise from the turbocharger.

Not what I ment at all. I mean super smokey fuel knock tune. Then spray until your exhaust is nice and clean. Just try not to freeze anything. Oh and do LBZs have that dreadful intake heater?

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
I wonder what max power has been made on stock lbz with spray?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
I have my nitrous hooked to WOT Zex kit and the spool jet is off my factory horn relay. I've never sprayed both before but I always ran a .067 jet. For stock turbos a nice kick would be .105. I sprayed a stock turbo lbz and fuel only it ran 106mph, and a .054 jet at the 60' went 109.

10's will be hard for stock injectors the spray is gunna have to push it on the top end.

JeremyDon88

Feb 6, 2012
Yea I know 10's will b hard to get on the stock stuff just tho mayb since the van got there on a stock lly with the spray and we were about the same weight that I might could get there bf the boom! Lol :(

DMAXchris

It’s only temporary!
Apr 28, 2009
Natrona Heights PA
I wonder what max power has been made on stock lbz with spray?

We made 689 on a totally stock LBZ with a .125 noid and a .099 jet. It had a built trans and a lift pump. With no gas it made 507. I think it couldve gone over 700 if a lockup box wouldve been available back then.

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
We made 689 on a totally stock LBZ with a .125 noid and a .099 jet. It had a built trans and a lift pump. With no gas it made 507. I think it couldve gone over 700 if a lockup box wouldve been available back then.

Cool