NHRA IHRA Stock Elimanator GT Engine spec for DRAG RACING A DIESEL

Status
Not open for further replies.

COMP461

Diesel Pro
Apr 29, 2008
Aledo Texas
I bet that no thread has been moved in years and no thread has been deleted

I thought some of you might what some input in to a rule that once set in stone will not change . I am picking the motor and the HP ratting unless some one might have a better year and model .

So Ill give you the simple version and let you look thru the NHRA rule book

I am working on rule thru NHRA with the Help of my Friends and Sponsors at Chevy for a NHRA and IHRA Stock eliminator engine spec for racing the duramax under the Big Tent . This class will allow racing the Duramax engine platform on a National level . I started this 5 or 6 years ago,

If anyone would like some input speak up

I posted the rules , and weight breaks , The thread was deleted .

Last edited:

COMP461

Diesel Pro
Apr 29, 2008
Aledo Texas
Right now isn't stock eliminator limited to 1/2 ton trucks?

Yes
This is a Motor spec and corresponding blueprint specs
This is the beginning getting our foot in the door. if you want to run this class you will have to run in GT/Truck or GT/Car.

I have been working on the lowest HP motor I could find that was late injectors , LBX LMM although NHRA rules allow and computer as long as you get it approved

GSXRTURBO1

Feb 10, 2015
Detroit MI
It's going to be difficult to rate a diesel, the torque is more of an indicator of available power than HP given the lower RPM on a basically stock engine. The RPM range is also very narrow, peak torque would seem to tell more of the story than peak HP, but it's all a numeric equation based off of torque anyway. :thumb:

COMP461

Diesel Pro
Apr 29, 2008
Aledo Texas
I have also found a 325 hp version . If we run to fast , meaning faster then 1.20 seconds under the posted index , you will get HP added . I am think its going to settle in around 375 hp

SECTION 11C - GT/TRUCK Requirements and specifications for GT Truck classes are the same as those for GT car classes - Section 11B - with the following exceptions:
DESIGNATIONS GT/TA, GT/TB, GT/TC, and GT/TD preceded by truck number.
Reserved for 1980 and newer pickup trucks, 1/2-ton maximum. Year of engine optional. Only those engines and/or bodies listed in the Official NHRA Stock Car Classification Guide are eligible for competition. Trucks will be classified using the shipping weight of the body divided by the horsepower or performance rating of the engine used. If the claimed engine has both a Super Stock and a GT rating, the GT rating shall apply. CLASS WEIGHT BREAKS (based on pounds per NHRA-factored horsepower)

TA - 9.50 to 10.49
TB - 10.50 to 11.49
TC - 11.50 to 12.49
TD -12.50 or more

GSXRTURBO1

Feb 10, 2015
Detroit MI
I have also found a 325 hp version . If we run to fast , meaning faster then 1.20 seconds under the posted index , you will get HP added . I am think its going to settle in around 375 hp

SECTION 11C - GT/TRUCK Requirements and specifications for GT Truck classes are the same as those for GT car classes - Section 11B - with the following exceptions:
DESIGNATIONS GT/TA, GT/TB, GT/TC, and GT/TD preceded by truck number.
Reserved for 1980 and newer pickup trucks, 1/2-ton maximum. Year of engine optional. Only those engines and/or bodies listed in the Official NHRA Stock Car Classification Guide are eligible for competition. Trucks will be classified using the shipping weight of the body divided by the horsepower or performance rating of the engine used. If the claimed engine has both a Super Stock and a GT rating, the GT rating shall apply. CLASS WEIGHT BREAKS (based on pounds per NHRA-factored horsepower)

TA - 9.50 to 10.49
TB - 10.50 to 11.49
TC - 11.50 to 12.49
TD -12.50 or more

How much do you need to run under the index to be competitive in Stock Eliminator? How does it compare to Comp as far as running under the index?

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
I bet that no thread has been moved in years and no thread has been deleted

I thought some of you might what some input in to a rule that once set in stone will not change . I am picking the motor and the HP ratting unless some one might have a better year and model .

So Ill give you the simple version and let you look thru the NHRA rule book

I am working on rule thru NHRA with the Help of my Friends and Sponsors at Chevy for a NHRA and IHRA Stock eliminator engine spec for racing the duramax under the Big Tent . This class will allow racing the Duramax engine platform on a National level . I started this 5 or 6 years ago,

If anyone would like some input speak up

I posted the rules , and weight breaks , The thread was deleted .

How about a link or document attachment instead of a 90 page essay? Might not have gotten deleted then.

And if you actually even read your datalogger title, it would probably make sense to put in the area that says tuning, LOGGING, and gauges. Things rarely get deleted and locked around here. And moved quite often as needed to the right place. If you don't like it, then log off and don't post anymore.

FYI, the Duramax is already racing at the international level. It's called the NHRDA. Where your real competition your scared of races. You should look into it.

Last edited:

COMP461

Diesel Pro
Apr 29, 2008
Aledo Texas
It's going to be difficult to rate a diesel, the torque is more of an indicator of available power than HP given the lower RPM on a basically stock engine. The RPM range is also very narrow, peak torque would seem to tell more of the story than peak HP, but it's all a numeric equation based off of torque anyway. :thumb:

What this HP rating is basically NHRA giving you a HP rating so that you can pick a class and that Car or truck has to weight the Lbs. factor to rated HP

at 375 hp the

TA - 9.50 to 10.49 lbs per HP weight 3562 Index GT/TA 10.55
TB - 10.50 to 11.49 lbs per HP weight 3937 index GT/TB 10.85
TC - 11.50 to 12.49 lbs per HP weight 4312 index GT/TC 11.10
TD -12.50 or more lbs per HP weight 4668 index GT/TD 11.30

COMP461

Diesel Pro
Apr 29, 2008
Aledo Texas
How much do you need to run under the index to be competitive in Stock Eliminator? How does it compare to Comp as far as running under the index?

You can run the index and win every time if you dial right and hit the tree.

In GT you are allowed a Transbrake

The only time you have to run fast is when you run another car n your class , then its heads up .
this will not be a diesel only class just a diesel engine

Now if you are going to really race a lot , at some National events they run class. If you are the only car in your class, you must run at least half a second under to win class and get a Wally and Class winner money , which is around $800 to $1200 depending on which event .

al so these rules are not public, There are no links to them You must have an NHRA membe ship to have them

COMP461

Diesel Pro
Apr 29, 2008
Aledo Texas
How about a link or document attachment instead of a 90 page essay? Might not have gotten deleted then.

And if you actually even read your datalogger title, it would probably make sense to put in the area that says tuning, LOGGING, and gauges. Things rarely get deleted and locked around here. And moved quite often as needed to the right place. If you don't like it, then log off and don't post anymore.

FYI, the Duramax is already racing at the international level. It's called the NHRDA. Where your real competition your scared of races. You should look into it.
There are no links to NHRA rules you must be a member and log in to look at the rules ,

I don't race where their are 1 or 2 cars Schieds doesn't either unless they get their $5000 appearance money.

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Like I said. Attachment with a document.

Don't recall there being too many vehicles entered in that race with Robinson. Or any events you actually have raced at where you qualified. Just raced the shit out of your jack from what I've seen.
I don't think scheid will be getting 5g just to show up if there all of a sudden others that will show for free either.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Osubeaver

Professional Grade
Aug 30, 2008
Oregon
Talk to me like I am 3 years old. What are we talking about here?

What kind of vehicle would be able to race under your proposed changes? 3/4 ton trucks, or something else with a Dmax?

COMP461

Diesel Pro
Apr 29, 2008
Aledo Texas
NHRA at this time is not going to go with a Stock Vehicle around 6000 lbs .
This will be a Engine blueprint spec .
It will speck the head casting number Turbo , Piston rod and Wristpin weight.

You can not port the heads , you must run a cam with no more lift the.425 at the valve .

You can do anything inside the turbo you want , the inducer diameter must remain stock.

So with this spec, and Hp Rating you can put this motor in a Super Stock GT, or a Super Stock GT truck .

The weights at 375 hp are above and the Index is as above

you can over bore the block up to .080 and as .015 to the stroke.

Pistons but be stock , or a stock look alike that is NHRA accepted .

This will be purpose built race vehicles

This gets you a place to race, where if you can run fast enough .50 Half a second under the index , and are at a event that runs class, you will more then likely win class and collect between $800 and $1200
Then you have the race , at most events between 50 and 100 cars show up . Indy will have 150 show up

This is a no delay box bottom bulb type eliminator

Last edited:

COMP461

Diesel Pro
Apr 29, 2008
Aledo Texas
Like I said. Attachment with a document.

Don't recall there being too many vehicles entered in that race with Robinson. Or any events you actually have raced at where you qualified. Just raced the shit out of your jack from what I've seen.
I don't think scheid will be getting 5g just to show up if there all of a sudden others that will show for free either.

there are 80 cars entered at that event in that class close to 500 total entry's at that event. I do race Diesel only events. NADM .

COMP461

Diesel Pro
Apr 29, 2008
Aledo Texas
They keep coming back a LLY 305 hp rating , this would be an extremely soft index

With that rating and a factory shipping weight of around 3800 lbs for a 1/2 ton truck the natural class according to NHRA is GT/TD so with this index if you can run a 10,80 to would be plenty fast

TA - 9.50 to 10.49 lbs per HP weight 2897 Index GT/TA 10.55
TB - 10.50 to 11.49 lbs per HP weight 3202 index GT/TB 10.85
TC - 11.50 to 12.49 lbs per HP weight 3507 index GT/TC 11.10
TD -12.50 or more lbs per HP weight 3812 index GT/TD 11.30

Last edited:

Dave c

Jul 7, 2013
there are 80 cars entered at that event in that class close to 500 total entry's at that event. I do race Diesel only events. NADM .

This is why no one listens to you, you say you race with nhra with gassers, then In the same breath say diesel only .

Your just scared of any diesel competition, just admit it.

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
He might show up but he doesn't race. And when I said race I mean 1/4 mile. Rails that run 1/8th is for test and tune and people that can't make a full pass IMO.

COMP461

Diesel Pro
Apr 29, 2008
Aledo Texas
found some pictures of a few GT/ Trucks

stock_zpsczsx57yo.jpg

this is a pair running class

s1_1_zpsahkjj7z5.jpg

DRC-LV-Marshall_zpsdlfgnopl.jpg

learned today that they may make an exception and allow a Stock index with a Single cab 2 wheel drive , weight around 4900 lbs so it will run in

L/SA 12.70 index at 4900 + 170 for driver here is the records L/SA 11.82 @ 110.05

M/SA 12.85 index at 5275 + 170 for driver M/SA 12.21 @ 106.97

You can convert to a 6 lug wheel so you might as well start with a 1/2 ton

They emphases that they will not tolerate excessive smoke, but like enough smoke to let people know its a diesel.

Last edited:

COMP461

Diesel Pro
Apr 29, 2008
Aledo Texas
no, this is NHRA Stock and Super Stock,

The way I calculator hp on a real power to speed calculator, with a good transmission, efficient convertor and gear ratio 568 @ the flywheel will set the record in L/SA

With a THM 400 I would run a 4.33 gear with a 29.5 tall 9 inch slick or drag radial slick .forget lock up With a 4L80 a 5.33 gear.

Neat class foot brake only and drive the big end of the track

I have run stock and SS over the years and its a fun class should be between 40 to 50 cars at a divisional some time you will see a 100+ cars

Status
Not open for further replies.