new turbo wont spool

07metallicgreen

Nov 24, 2011
Smicksburg, PA
I just put a double bat 472/83/1.0 on my lbz and I cant get the thing to spool right. the tunes are the same ones on my friends and it does fine. I pulled last night and I only made 4lbs of boost. my intake was leaking around my maf and I sealed that and it helped. I also cleaned my maf and switched it with my dads truck to make sure its working and nothing changed. once it spools it make 45-47lbs. anything I should look for

07metallicgreen

Nov 24, 2011
Smicksburg, PA
I brought it up to around 1800 before it pushed thru the brakes and it stayed there the whole pull. once I was rolling it still never lit. ill try to get a video

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
Converter converter converter... You might be able to mask the problem with adjusting tuning. Bring the fuel in a little sooner and drop timing to increase heat. Make sure your maf is scaled correctly. What converter is your buddy running?

07metallicgreen

Nov 24, 2011
Smicksburg, PA
he is running a 58 too. I agree that my converter should be looser especially for pulling but that's not what I am after. there is something else wrong. my buddy and I have the same exact tunes from blackout and the same torque converter, same turbo. caleb built his kit and I made mine. Im missing something or something is leaking I just don't know what else to look for

05chevy

Jun 10, 2010
My 75 wont start to light till it hits around 950*. I also have a turbo blanket that helps. Im still running a ML and have no problem lighting my trubo

ikeG

Oughta Know Better
Apr 19, 2011
Western PA
www.facebook.com
it just dozered down the track at that rpm, no smoke, no rpm gain, no nothing. As he said, he had the problem when he first got it going, then found a leak at maf and thought it was solved, so tried pulling last night.

SickLL7Crenshaw

Billy The Kid
Mar 10, 2013
Mexico
Did your change sizes of intake tubes when you put your new turbo on? Install your MAF correctly? Have you logged the truck? No smoke would say the MAF needs to be rescaled.