new turbo wont spool

SickLL7Crenshaw

Billy The Kid
Mar 10, 2013
Mexico
it just dozered down the track at that rpm, no smoke, no rpm gain, no nothing. As he said, he had the problem when he first got it going, then found a leak at maf and thought it was solved, so tried pulling last night.

on another note besides the tune issue couldn't he also go to a smaller exhaust housing?

that would help

As 04jimc said guys, if there is no smoke there in no fuel getting there.

ikeG

Oughta Know Better
Apr 19, 2011
Western PA
www.facebook.com
The issue has NOTHING to do with converter or housing. This charger setup is small compared to others..... He pretty much needs to get with his tuner but was hoping there was something he could do in meantime.

07metallicgreen

Nov 24, 2011
Smicksburg, PA
thanks for all the help guys. the maf is in correctly and i cleaned it. no boost leaks. wehrli made my bridge and i made all the piping. the intake is 5 inch and the tune was supposed to be scaled for it. and as 04jimc said it didnt same and didnt gain any rpms. any clue of what i should watch in my logs?

03badmaxxx

Ghost Element
Mar 1, 2012
Mesa,AZ
www.facebook.com
To be honest, i've actually been in the process of gathering information to write a thread on how tuning can effect Torque converters. I'm glad this thread popped up. Too often guys are quick to blame hard parts such as converters for not stalling/getting chargers lit at or around advertised stall. This isn't just with ours either. When i gather the rest of the info from Kory, i'll have a thread started