New Tax Rate

Status
Not open for further replies.

diesel53

Sep 16, 2010
AZ
True but if your at 35% now its going to 40% which is arpund 250k at 35% iirc anyway but im the 80-100k and im getting 4-5k increase between social security and income tax increases

Im definitely not in support of any tax hike, and 250K of a gross 400K income is definitely not fair. There is no incentive to earn more. We need to cut government spending, and the taxes should follow.

The only thing you got tax on more was social security which is 20 week and ends up being 80 a month.

SS tax depends on your income, its a fixed percentage.

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
Somebody who makes $50k a year is getting about a $1000 a year less money in their take home. That is not a 2% drop, because they weren't taking 50k home before.

I wonder what percentage our Congressmen got hammered? Bet it's less than a middle class worker.

Dirtymaxx03

Aug 4, 2009
I fall into the middle class category, got my paycheck today. It was less then before. Awesome to know Laquisha Da'Johnston, her 7 kids and drug addict baby daddy have health insurance tho. Because pregnancys are expensive.

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
My accountant called and said the only change was to take an additional 2% SS from each employee??

So if your getting racked 2 bills then according to my math in a 7 day pay period your making (grossing) $20,000 . I only have one question are they hiring? :roflmao:

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
My accountant called and said the only change was to take an additional 2% SS from each employee??

So if your getting racked 2 bills then according to my math in a 7 day pay period your making (grossing) $20,000 . I only have one question are they hiring? :roflmao:

But it's 2% after taxes, not before. It's a bigger hit than doubling the sales tax for most people who pay sales tax. If they doubled the sales or fuel taxes, everybody would go nuts, so they "hid" it.

GMC_2002_Dmax

The Still Master
Somebody who makes $50k a year is getting about a $1000 a year less money in their take home. That is not a 2% drop, because they weren't taking 50k home before.

I wonder what percentage our Congressmen got hammered? Bet it's less than a middle class worker.

They don't pay into SS, they have their own pension, BTW, if they serve 6 years they get the pension and healthcare for life.

NICE !!!!

z79outlaw

Apr 20, 2007
Salem WI
I'll never see SS or at least not that I will count on, I'd say a sizeable portion of the working population that knew about this bumped up there 401K contributions 2% as well when this took into effect, depending on what I end up seeing in my next paychecks as opposed to last year I may end up throttling back my 401K a point or 2 along with others, this will have the trickle down effect of causing stock prices to fall as well.

Why cant I opt out of SS again? I can better manage my retirement savings than the government can, provided they dont start raiding private retirement accounts as has already been suggested since its unfair people that work have them and people that dont work dont have a means of retiring as if there not already frick retired.

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
It is simply that SS went back to the normal rate of 6.2%. It should have never decreased to start with. There needs to be less government period. Who can get a job for 8 years or less and have a retirement/benefit package? Public assistance programs and subsidies need to reduced or eliminated. Unemployment for two years should go back to the original 26 weeks. Our government is a parasite that's slowly killing its host.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

CleChevy

Sep 5, 2012
Tax the rich is a genius idea, it's not like they're the ones writing everyone's paychecks lol

z79outlaw

Apr 20, 2007
Salem WI
Tax the rich is a genius idea, it's not like they're the ones writing everyone's paychecks lol

They didnt build there businesses what makes you think that they pay there employees either?
Obama-you-didnt-built-that_zps1cce0d5b.jpg

Slammed2007Lbz

Super Spicy Tunaz
Feb 1, 2009
NE Ohio
It is simply that SS went back to the normal rate of 6.2%. It should have never decreased to start with. There needs to be less government period. Who can get a job for 8 years or less and have a retirement/benefit package? Public assistance programs and subsidies need to reduced or eliminated. Unemployment for two years should go back to the original 26 weeks. Our government is a parasite that's slowly killing its host.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I agree with you on everything EXCEPT the unemployment comment:confused: Why should my unemployment get cut because a employer laid me off for a lack of work because the government has everything so f**cked up? Why should i only get benefits for 6 months while SOME on welfare get it for life???? Why should i have to get up every morning and go to work but then when im laid off i should worry about when my unemployment will end because there is no other jobs? I would rather have 10 times the amount of people on unemployment than on welfare!!!! Unemployed people work, thats how you get it!!!! Dont punish the working man because then that money you save probably goes into the welfare fund

Last edited by a moderator:

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
I agree with you on everything EXCEPT the unemployment comment:confused: Why should my unemployment get cut because a employer laid me off for a lack of work because the government has everything so f**cked up? Why should i only get benefits for 6 months while SOME on welfare get it for life???? Why should i have to get up every morning and go to work but then when im laid off i should worry about when my unemployment will end because there is no other jobs? I would rather have 10 times the amount of people on unemployment than on welfare!!!! Unemployed people work, thats how you get it!!!! Dont punish the working man because then that money you save probably goes into the welfare fund

I don't remember ever collecting unemployment, but then again, I went from McDonnell Douglas to McDonalds when the aerospace jobs vanished. I've worked since I was 15. Throwing papers, janitor, bouncer, etc, etc. I've never been out of work because I will take any job.

However, I was raised poor, and we ate government cheese, honey, oatmeal, peanut butter, powdered milk, etc. It was that or starve. Give people food, but after that, they should work.

dmax711

Mar 4, 2011
concord, north carolina
hence why we should all quit paying taxes, id love to see them all come after everyone for evasion!

x2 ! Its hard enough to save up and build these trucks with the way prices are, now we all get to look forward to less money in our checks because the government cant limit spending and just keeps giving sh*t away to useless welfare cases that keep poping kids out..

Ne-max

I like turtles
Nov 15, 2011
Lincoln, Ne
I don't remember ever collecting unemployment, but then again, I went from McDonnell Douglas to McDonalds when the aerospace jobs vanished. I've worked since I was 15. Throwing papers, janitor, bouncer, etc, etc. I've never been out of work because I will take any job.

However, I was raised poor, and we ate government cheese, honey, oatmeal, peanut butter, powdered milk, etc. It was that or starve. Give people food, but after that, they should work.

Exactly. People now days are to good to work fast food. If you cant find a job in 6 months you have issues. Yes it might not be 40.00 an hour but there are many things to make it work. I see so many people around here that have it so rought but yet have a smart phone and cable. Way I see it is if your willing to work then you will do alright.

adeso

wait, what?
May 30, 2011
Minot, ND
Minot ND, 2.1% unemployment rate.... McDs has a $500 hire bonus, pizza hut is paying 15/hr, oil fields much more. So what if it is cold. Don't tell me how there are no jobs out there. Maybe no fun jobs, there there is work. Still have a huge number crossing the border to work, all b/c americans are too good to work and would rather collect from the govt

Status
Not open for further replies.