New steering suport for pullers and racers

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
I have had zero problems using this set up with the stock center link. Now i have had all my customers that came in with straight center links have had something messed up. When i build trucks i use the stock centerlink with this bracket or if they have a lift i use the cognito brackets.

Do you feel any toe in WOT in 4x4 with this? mine pretty bad.

SteveFord

What's Next?
May 8, 2008
Iowa
Do you feel any toe in WOT in 4x4 with this? mine pretty bad.

I havent got mine on yet as I have been busy but can tell you from one I have made in the past(not as nice as this one) I could launch in 4wd with one finger on the wheel and it would go straight and not toe in. Never got that nasty head shake, not even when I tried launching to hard and spun really bad.

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
Thanks,well I need something to help it. Gonna lower the front more too. But I never heard anything about straight centerlinks causing other failures until this thread. This sounds like a better option for me than the SS link. half the price and don't need to pay for alingnment(I don't think I would atleast?)

adas

Twins needed.
May 18, 2010
bradenton, FL
So yay or nay on the LMM's?

and will it work with the cognito idler pivot assembly?

I feel if it does the 2 would make a mean solid combo

smarquis

Triple Turbo LBZ
Jul 15, 2010
Las Vegas, Nevada.
Most lift kits relocate the front diff and that is what this bracket rides against. It will work on leveled trucks.

From Cognito's website: "On 4 wheel drive models, the front differential is dropped down a full 4 inches to avoid severe CV axle angles. Other companies only drop the front differential about 75% the amount of the lower control arm, introducing poor CV axle angles."

Does this mean that it should work on the Cognito because the front differential maintains its CV angles. Or is the differential still moved?

Thanks!

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Most lift kits relocate the front diff and that is what this bracket rides against. It will work on leveled trucks.

From Cognito's website: "On 4 wheel drive models, the front differential is dropped down a full 4 inches to avoid severe CV axle angles. Other companies only drop the front differential about 75% the amount of the lower control arm, introducing poor CV axle angles."

Does this mean that it should work on the Cognito because the front differential maintains its CV angles. Or is the differential still moved?

Thanks!

wont work if the front diff has moved from the factory location

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
Just found out i have wear on my pitman and idlers. If I bought HD pitmans and idlers for replacement would I still need the Cognito braces If I bought this?

SteveFord

What's Next?
May 8, 2008
Iowa
Here are some pics of mine installed. Took about 10 minutes to install. Mine clears the control arm bolts by a half inch so mine didn't need anything done there.

Last edited:

SteveFord

What's Next?
May 8, 2008
Iowa
No problem Tony! Nice product and works great. I can actually be rolling in first and get after my truck on the big tune in 4wd and the front end doesnt get all crazy like before with my 18's on and bars up. Thanks again!

StuntHeavy

Jun 26, 2010
So, I have a LB7, with leveling kit, kryptonite tie rods, and 33" tires... Would this brace effectively stop my truck from toeing in when launching?