New steering suport for pullers and racers

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
So this will have the same affect as a stright cl without the loss of radius? I was thinking about getting a straight link because I feel mine wheels turning inward with just sleeves

dmaxfireman

'Can do' kind of guy
Apr 8, 2007
CT
will this work with a 1 1/4" ss centerlink? I am still getting centerlink roll.

with a straight centerlink?? do you have any pictures?

i would venture to guess that you have a tie rod or ball joint problem before a straight one would bend or deflect.

03 D-max

Honorary "Tosser"
Apr 29, 2008
Lowville NY
with a straight centerlink?? do you have any pictures?

i would venture to guess that you have a tie rod or ball joint problem before a straight one would bend or deflect.
with torsion keys cranked and 35's i still get some tow in. if i jack one tire off the ground i can turn it to the left and right a little ways and the tire on the ground never moves, all the movement seems to be the centerlink rolling back and forth. it doesnt move alot, but just enough to piss me off. I just want my front end to be solid all ready!! The sleeves helped and so did the centerlink but its still not as solid as i would like. Torsion keys are coming out and 33's are going back on, maybe that will help.

smarquis

Triple Turbo LBZ
Jul 15, 2010
Las Vegas, Nevada.
I take it that this won't work for lifted trucks? I have the 4-6" Cognito, and just put on braces (and already had the pitman support and assembly). Also added Cognito heavy duty tie rods, but steering still feels a little loose. I was considering a new center link, but it would be great if something like this would work.

Rhall

Old Skooler
Aug 12, 2006
Texas Y'all
with torsion keys cranked and 35's i still get some tow in. if i jack one tire off the ground i can turn it to the left and right a little ways and the tire on the ground never moves, all the movement seems to be the centerlink rolling back and forth. it doesnt move alot, but just enough to piss me off. I just want my front end to be solid all ready!! The sleeves helped and so did the centerlink but its still not as solid as i would like. Torsion keys are coming out and 33's are going back on, maybe that will help.

With your torsion bars cranked you will always get tow in. Ive seen them tow in with the home made centerlink brace that connects to the crossmember with a heim Joint when the bars are up too much. Either get a lift that keeps your centerlink and tierods in a straight line, or crank them back down. Ive even bent a straight centerlink a few years back when i tried pulling with my bars up a little bit.

Philtopgun

Nice n Easy
May 5, 2007
Edmond,OK-still a Texan
Ordered one Thursday. I just have SD sleeves right now and my truck feels like my front tires do a complete 360 before it will go straight on 4wd launches. My truck is actually 1 1/2" lower in the front and either straight or slightly lower angle on the fronts. I want to get a vid of how bad my front tires moves and then video with this part. c what happens. Ive taken my full replacement off and put back stock rims with typical 285 tires and my tires still tow in badly... hope this helps! If not, Ill be adding braces with this and do another test. I only dynoed 400, cant believe im toe'n so easily. Had truck chk'd and front end is fine...

Tony Burkhard

Allseason Diesel Per.
I hope everyone knows that this will not repair a bent idler arm bracket that is welded to the frame. That is the biggest failure that i have seen when folks install a straight center link. You can add all the parts in the world but if the bracket is bent you will always have problems. You need to straighten and weld supports to the bracket for starters.

Tony Burkhard

Allseason Diesel Per.
So this will replace a centerlink?:confused:

On EDIT: straight^

I have had zero problems using this set up with the stock center link. Now i have had all my customers that came in with straight center links have had something messed up. When i build trucks i use the stock centerlink with this bracket or if they have a lift i use the cognito brackets.