LB7: New Injector Design

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
There are different perspectives of lean. True meaning of a lean burn is based on your afr on what side of stochio metric it is on. But u can run leaner on either side. Less fuel. Stochio perfect mix is 16.09-1 afr. If we want to get all technical and what not james
Not that it matters, but where are you getting 16.09? I always thought it was close to the same as gasoline, and my quick google search shows 14.5:1.

Oct 21, 2009
Not that it matters, but where are you getting 16.09? I always thought it was close to the same as gasoline, and my quick google search shows 14.5:1.

It may very with fuel type my trade is natural gas mechanics ans that's what it is for natural gas engines. Might have got on my high horse apoligize if I am wrong.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
There are different perspectives of lean. True meaning of a lean burn is based on your afr on what side of stochio metric it is on. But u can run leaner on either side. Less fuel. Stochio perfect mix is 16.09-1 afr. If we want to get all technical and what not james

Please get techincal. At this point i see nothing more than hearsay on these magic injectors no? A 40 over injector that gets 2 mpg more by its self? How? And to add it lubricates the injector better because its 40 over? Please elaborate on that. If its true and these are miracle injectors, awesome, ill be on deck to order some. But i want to see something here to stand behind what your saying. What are you putting these in if your truck sold?

Last edited:

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Please get techincal. At this piont i see nothing more than hearsay no? A 40 over injector that gets 2 mpg more by its self? How? And to add it lubricates the injector better because its 40 over? Please elaborate on that. If its true and these are miracle injectors, awesome, ill be on deck to order some. But i want to see something here to stand behind what your saying. What are you putting these in if your truck sold?

I just want to know if you are saying a diesel doesn't run lean.

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
I just want to know if you are saying a diesel doesn't run lean.

The first two question in my first post were not ment to be in conjuntion with each other. My second question was direct at facts about the injectors, not if a diesel runs lean. I know they run lean and meant for the first question to be sarcastic.

My questions are not directed at running lean, i want actual info on the injectors

Oct 21, 2009
Please get techincal. At this point i see nothing more than hearsay on these magic injectors no? A 40 over injector that gets 2 mpg more by its self? How? And to add it lubricates the injector better because its 40 over? Please elaborate on that. If its true and these are miracle injectors, awesome, ill be on deck to order some. But i want to see something here to stand behind what your saying. What are you putting these in if your truck sold?

Wow you trying to be a douche!? Hearsay whatever I don't need to go on a forum to make shit up. Have better things to do then that. And no these are not magic injectors they are a new design. Believe what you want. My truck sold no I still have it. Guy didn't get financed which has nothing to do with this thread. My 01 injectors are good. These are going on another LB7 we have. I have yet to test the injectors as stated before. This is what I was told by a good friend. I see no reason to lie as these will be availible to the public and not something - am claiming to designed by myself. I was given the results and have a set on the way. But its obvious you have a issue with my post. When the injectors are out you can see for yourself. I was just sharing some information. Not hear to get called a lier. The design proved a increase in mpg during test results. And do to the fact of being 40 over more flow helps keep them lubed better was my understanding. Not a Bosch expert just trying to share information. Fact is there are new injectors coming for lb7 owners that is what I know. So once they come you can buy a set and see the results. If my magic injectors don't show up then you can call me a liar or whatever you want. But till then just drink a beer and relax. Maybe research injectors they are using on other applications. Is it really something so magical you can't grasp. Bosch makes thousans of injectors why can't they redesign one for the lB7 fairly easy? Its not unrealistic. Its done.

RENODMAX

Dead Wrong
Mar 4, 2008

First of all if relentless doesn't work for Bosch why is everyone jumping on his ass for posting this? Second if you don't understand how an injector can be improved upon then maybe keep your opinions to yourself. There have been numerous revisions by Bosch to the LB7 injector so a new design wouldn't suprise me at all. Look at dodge 8 and 5 hole crd injectors. Guess what Bosch revised those and they are calibrated entirely different with a different nozzle and they flow differently across the board. Revisions and new designs happen, most people just don't know about them.

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Wow you trying to be a douche!? Hearsay whatever I don't need to go on a forum to make shit up. Have better things to do then that. And no these are not magic injectors they are a new design. Believe what you want. My truck sold no I still have it. Guy didn't get financed which has nothing to do with this thread. My 01 injectors are good. These are going on another LB7 we have. I have yet to test the injectors as stated before. This is what I was told by a good friend. I see no reason to lie as these will be availible to the public and not something - am claiming to designed by myself. I was given the results and have a set on the way. But its obvious you have a issue with my post. When the injectors are out you can see for yourself. I was just sharing some information. Not hear to get called a lier. The design proved a increase in mpg during test results. And do to the fact of being 40 over more flow helps keep them lubed better was my understanding. Not a Bosch expert just trying to share information. Fact is there are new injectors coming for lb7 owners that is what I know. So once they come you can buy a set and see the results. If my magic injectors don't show up then you can call me a liar or whatever you want. But till then just drink a beer and relax. Maybe research injectors they are using on other applications. Is it really something so magical you can't grasp. Bosch makes thousans of injectors why can't they redesign one for the lB7 fairly easy? Its not unrealistic. Its done.

Lol down to name calling because im asking for some factual information eh? You dont like what i ask then i dont know what to tell you, its not gunna come sugar coated. Gettin all bent up because me and im sure others would actually like see some facts to back your statment dont help much. So have fun and let me know when you actually have something to back this thread up, untill then your just spreadin a rumor.

need_a_dmax

^ Got a DMAX
May 25, 2010
Letts, Ia
Lol down to name calling because im asking for some factual information eh? You dont like what i ask then i dont know what to tell you, its not gunna come sugar coated. Gettin all bent up because me and im sure others would actually like see some facts to back your statment dont help much. So have fun and let me know when you actually have something to back this thread up, untill then your just spreadin a rumor.

just because you dont want to finally hear some good news about these injectors doesn't mean you have throw down the idea of it, your calling him a liar so are you going to call him a god when they come out or just be butt hurt?

i would like to hear more on this!

Slammed2007Lbz

Super Spicy Tunaz
Feb 1, 2009
NE Ohio
What most of you guys dont understand is these threads get started DAILY on here about all these new items and it seems they are always hearsay, or a buddy off mine said this or that! All Chevy1925 is asking for is some factual evidence to ligitimize this thread so something useful comes out of it.

Rhall

Old Skooler
Aug 12, 2006
Texas Y'all
Bosch just upgraded the ball bearings to 30weight, its suppose to increase injector life. Time will tell, as for the 40% over, thats false, its 42%.

Rhall

Old Skooler
Aug 12, 2006
Texas Y'all
I forgot to mention, these are going to be painted cat yellow too. Cat designed the new 30 weight ball bearing back when they were building a motor for chevy, and just now sold the design to bosch. I guess the first set is making into the states today after it goes through customs.

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
just because you dont want to finally hear some good news about these injectors doesn't mean you have throw down the idea of it, your calling him a liar so are you going to call him a god when they come out or just be butt hurt?

i would like to hear more on this!

Yea, we dont want to hear about good stuff coming... Get over yourself :rolleyes:

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Ripping a guy for asking for actual details is low-brow. It is a valid question.
I did a search for any information concerning this new injector and came up empty. You'd think that if Bosch had come up with a major revision of the design then there'd be some news or information out there about it. So...we'll see what comes of this.