New duramax rods iv been working on

WolfLMM

Making Chips
Nov 21, 2006
AL
I'm glad we have another choice and I'm not even questioning the quality (yes guys the Chinese have the same equipment we do and can do quality work just like the good ole USA)

I'm questioning how you can make profit at 1500 a set? Sale quanity will be low.

THEFERMANATOR

LEGALLY INSANE
Feb 16, 2009
ZEPHYRHILLS, FL
To al lthe guys saying just give away a few sets, how do we know this isn't just a hobby to him or somebody legiteamatley trying to help out? Maybe he can't afford the short loss for the CHANCE of a long term gain. Reading this thread validates WHY there isn't new and up and comers making parts. Before the parts are even available, he's got 20 keyboard commandos condemning his parts because he won't give away however many to others for testing. Everybody keeps complaining about the cost of CROWERS, MANLEY, and all the other parts, well why do you think there parts cost so much? So they can afford to give away a few sets here and there for testing, or as sponsors to get the word out. I constantly read on here about people complaining about the costs of these parts compared to what other platforms(like the LS) pay for there parts, but yet when somebody DOES try and come out with an alternative, he is ripped to shreds.

I agree he should post up where he's based out of, and basic figures like forging, materials, and what process's are using. And doing so in the open forum would go a long way to earning trust. But why don't we give him a chance BEFORE we all condemn his products. As i said earlier, he is up against a HUGE hurdle being an unknown, but MANY other companies were unknown's at one time. If he's willing to work with a few peoples as best he can afford to(like he says for the 4 sets of rods), then let somebody else do the testing and quit bashing him. And to the OP, post up some specs on your product. I'm not talking anything proprietary, but basic stuff like material, forging process, weights, and so on should be simple enough.

THEFERMANATOR

LEGALLY INSANE
Feb 16, 2009
ZEPHYRHILLS, FL
I'm glad we have another choice and I'm not even questioning the quality (yes guys the Chinese have the same equipment we do and can do quality work just like the good ole USA)

I'm questioning how you can make profit at 1500 a set? Sale quanity will be low.
Quite simply your being ripped on what is available currently. You can buy rods capable of supporting well over 1000HP for a small block or big block chevy for less than he is trying to get for these rods. Big name companies have rather large product margins, and many won't even bother unless they are going to see 20-30% gains on there return after paying off the initial investment. I've been out of the game for al ong time, but I know the bill miller rods in our small block race engine were well under a grand when we bought them, and they are for a 9K+ RPM small block in an unlimited application, and made of aluminum. So why should a rod made of a cheaper and stronger per size material be so much more.

Why don't we give the guy a chance and see what happens. If others are willing to try his product, then quit bashing and demand he send out free sets to such and such, and let them take the chance. If it pays off I bet others will kick themselves for not rolling the dice. If it doesn't then nothing lost as you let somebody else be the guinea pig. And yes, the chinese can build stuff just as good as the USA can. Many of those chinese shops have newer more modern equipment than we have here, and many of those chinese shops are now managed and run by people from the US as they have found they can outsource to get the skilled help they need to build superior products at a fraction of the price. I bet many would be shocked to see how many US made products start life as chinese parts that are simly finished in the US, and then sold as US made.

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
The problem it's so much more...

Is because you have tons of LS guys wanting rods, along with 20 different rod manufactures...

and 500 guys wanting duramax rods with less than 5 manufactures...

supply and demand is a bitch..

I threw in the towel after I had 10K$ of Brodix heads and 250% exergy's sitting in a box ready for my LLY I was going to build. It's F'ing retarded. Sold it all and joined the LS world. Best move I've made.

WolfLMM

Making Chips
Nov 21, 2006
AL
The problem it's so much more...

Is because you have tons of LS guys wanting rods, along with 20 different rod manufactures...

and 500 guys wanting duramax rods with less than 5 manufactures...

supply and demand is a bitch..

I threw in the towel after I had 10K$ of Brodix heads and 250% exergy's sitting in a box ready for my LLY I was going to build. It's F'ing retarded. Sold it all and joined the LS world. Best move I've made.

Ferm, Brian nailed it! Dmax rods are expensive because nobody buys them!

ripmf666

Sep 20, 2006
Wentzville Mo
How about an answer to this question.

Still no answer the site shows a time zone area.

After asking this ? I did not get a pm but a out of the blue email from a China based Rod company. Trying to sell Duramax rods since they see I sell Carrillo rods at such a high cost.

Below copy of the email.
Hi Henry,

Have a nice day, glad to write to you, this is Rebecca from Hurricane, one of leading manufacturer of high performance connecting rod in China.

I am lucky to explore your company website just now , learn about that your company specialize in providing GM performance parts , also i found some Duramax connecting rods showed on your web ,but the price is so high .wanna better from now ? such as save more purchase cost , develop some new GM models or build own rods brand. if yes, hope we could find a way to build business relationship with yours from now.

​​​More information about us as follow:
​​1.Conrod factory established in 2000
​2.High performance and competitive price.
​3.Advanced CNC machine with professional designers team
​4.Forged, material: 4340 or 4340 billet products
​5.Various design: H-beam, I-beam and X-beam​
​6.MOQ: 60 pieces, any custom design accepted

​​By the way , you could find us by search ​​​​​​"hurricane connecting rod "​​​ on google. welcome to test our samples or visit our factory before cooperate with us, looking forward to hearing from you.
​Best regards

​​
​Rebecca Yu
​Chengdu Hurricane Speed & Performance Auto Parts Co., Ltd
​​​​​​​Tel: +86 28 62124092
​Mob: +86 15202869526
​Facebook : Rebecca Yu
​Skype : [email protected]
​Email : [email protected]

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 121

DMAXchris

It’s only temporary!
Apr 28, 2009
Natrona Heights PA
To al lthe guys saying just give away a few sets, how do we know this isn't just a hobby to him or somebody legiteamatley trying to help out? Maybe he can't afford the short loss for the CHANCE of a long term gain. Reading this thread validates WHY there isn't new and up and comers making parts. Before the parts are even available, he's got 20 keyboard commandos condemning his parts because he won't give away however many to others for testing. Everybody keeps complaining about the cost of CROWERS, MANLEY, and all the other parts, well why do you think there parts cost so much? So they can afford to give away a few sets here and there for testing, or as sponsors to get the word out. I constantly read on here about people complaining about the costs of these parts compared to what other platforms(like the LS) pay for there parts, but yet when somebody DOES try and come out with an alternative, he is ripped to shreds.

I agree he should post up where he's based out of, and basic figures like forging, materials, and what process's are using. And doing so in the open forum would go a long way to earning trust. But why don't we give him a chance BEFORE we all condemn his products. As i said earlier, he is up against a HUGE hurdle being an unknown, but MANY other companies were unknown's at one time. If he's willing to work with a few peoples as best he can afford to(like he says for the 4 sets of rods), then let somebody else do the testing and quit bashing him. And to the OP, post up some specs on your product. I'm not talking anything proprietary, but basic stuff like material, forging process, weights, and so on should be simple enough.

In my opinion, one should wait until after the product has been put through its paces privately to post on a forum about a new product as crucial as a connecting rod. I think its great that he is trying to bring something new to the table, but folks will be very reluctant and cautious before hearing how the product performs in a high stress engine. But until that is proven and data is made available, all claims are mere speculation.

duramax55

???? 7
Feb 2, 2011
florida
So we're are you located ?

an answer to this question would be nice.like who are you?where are you located?whats your background history on other projects?whats your company's name?what you offering is very nice but with out hard facts its just hearsay.good luck