New chevy diesel rumor??

dracing70

SH--- GETTING EXPENSIVE!
Jun 12, 2007
mantua, oh
Has anyone heard the rumor about chevy teaming up with John Deere and utilizing one of their engines in the future pickups???? Just curious.

dracing70

SH--- GETTING EXPENSIVE!
Jun 12, 2007
mantua, oh
wonder why they would do this when they have such a good running setup now. hope they don't

well from what i heard John Deere has a new engine design that burns so clean, that it eliminates the need for DPF. So it does not really have anything to do with how well the dmax works it is geared more around the environmental well being. So if this is true i would have to guess the new engine would be a inline.

J Spruill

bringer of truth
Mar 30, 2008
strange the deere salesman are telling us we are running out of time to buy new tractors without def fluid... who knows

dracing70

SH--- GETTING EXPENSIVE!
Jun 12, 2007
mantua, oh
strange the deere salesman are telling us we are running out of time to buy new tractors without def fluid... who knows

my belief is dpf and urea will go away. dpf is a sham, in my opinion all it does is slow down the "pollution" process rather than lesson it.

dracing70

SH--- GETTING EXPENSIVE!
Jun 12, 2007
mantua, oh
Guess I'm behind the times...:eek:

Im not sure about now but i know two years ago diesels were available in the jeep products but only overseas. Not here in the states. I used to transport of vehicles for chrysler out of Detroit and until i drove a wrangler with a diesel by accident i did not know they existed. I hauled hundreds of jeeps with diesels to ports in New York to get shipped overseas. The first load i transported for them I could not understand why i was so far overweight with three wranglers. Until i realized they had diesels in them. Talk about nose heavy.

dirty_max

Jan 27, 2013
eureka il
well from what i heard John Deere has a new engine design that burns so clean, that it eliminates the need for DPF. So it does not really have anything to do with how well the dmax works it is geared more around the environmental well being. So if this is true i would have to guess the new engine would be a inline.

i think someone might have told you wrong. no matter how clean it burns all on highway engines require a dpf by law, as of 2007. that was tier 4 emissions. and as of 2012 tractors are in tier 4 and they all require a dpf, by law. unfortunately there is just no getting away from the dpf deal because it is law, and gay. as for def, it just depends on how little NOx the manufacturer can make the engine produce. the epa did not make it a law to use def, but most manufacturers cannot get the NOx lox enough to pass emissions without the use of def. as far as i know, all on highway engines built today require the use of def except the international maxxforce engine, and the hermaphrodite cat C15/maxxforce engine

dracing70

SH--- GETTING EXPENSIVE!
Jun 12, 2007
mantua, oh
There is no change for the full size diesel no deere power at the GM plant.

So its probably another rumor? If it is i would have to say I am disappointed as much as I am relieved. My curiousity was creeping a bit. I would of loved to see what the hybrid would of looked like.

dracing70

SH--- GETTING EXPENSIVE!
Jun 12, 2007
mantua, oh
i think someone might have told you wrong. no matter how clean it burns all on highway engines require a dpf by law, as of 2007. that was tier 4 emissions. and as of 2012 tractors are in tier 4 and they all require a dpf, by law. unfortunately there is just no getting away from the dpf deal because it is law, and gay. as for def, it just depends on how little NOx the manufacturer can make the engine produce. the epa did not make it a law to use def, but most manufacturers cannot get the NOx lox enough to pass emissions without the use of def. as far as i know, all on highway engines built today require the use of def except the international maxxforce engine, and the hermaphrodite cat C15/maxxforce engine

When I say "go away " i dont mean as in not having any sort of emissions. There will be some other form of pollution control. I just dont think dpf or def is the answer. A couple of the larger diesel producers have ongoing lawsuits with the epa and i think and hope the manufacturers will come out on top, and dpf will be revealed for what it is. Worthless. but of course something else will take its place.

dirty_max

Jan 27, 2013
eureka il
i hope they find a better answer. after a few hundred thousand miles those things start to pass soot. i can say they do a good job when they are closer to new. i just worked on a guys truck the other day, had just over 300k on it and his stacks were still chrome on the inside!