Allison 5sp: MY OWN tap-shifter...

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
I could have them light up in succession, like when in position 1, only 1 LED is lit, then when in 5, all 5 LED's are lit up.

ben
Thats what I was thinking of...

Or you could make them bi-color LEDs so the active tune is red and the others are green (for example).

This isn't Christmas lol but I do like that Idea too. Hmmmmm

I have my switch mounted on sheet metal connected to under the dash on what I guess is a 2x2 plate... Next to my brake controller, That spot doesn't take up any space atall. It's not big of a deal to look down there either, and the lights wouldn't even be noticable there unless you actually looked down there

Last edited:

2500HeavyDuty

Book 'em, Danno!
Feb 14, 2008
Katy, Tx
www.myspace.com
nice work. the led/number indicator for the dsp switch seems like an over kill imo, its not that hard to keep track what tune your on :confused: unless you completely forgot what calibration is loaded on there if you were doing some test and tune and for that the damn computer tells you what your on if you set your pids up right, it can only move over four times over one way at the most. I just don't see the need for all of that i don't find it cost effective i wouldn't buy the led or lcd display, but the manual shifter is nice :thumb: i would buy one.

personally for me a sticker would do fine to designate which one i would be on if i decide to use something.

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
Lets say I'm going down hill and my grade braking goes on can I just tap up or do I still have to hammer the go pedal?

you'll still have to press the accelerator to exit grade braking mode.

Or just run an 01 TCM operating system; grade braking SUCKS on those. ;)

(it never works)

ben

Last edited:

kman2468

Old Man Truck
May 3, 2009
like mount it here???

4370a47e.jpg

186886bc.jpg

i would be down to try it if you still wanna make it?

Last edited: