My LML trans mods.

Nj11lml

Jan 15, 2013
Ohio
I can walk you through this my friend.:D

How would someone go about getting one of these transmissions? was referred to this site from dmaxforum to this thread and read it and am pretty pumped for a built trans for my lml. Thanks!

greif03lb7

cc/lb and lovin it
Dec 9, 2012
Granger, Ia
If I wasnt such a tight ass I would have had mike build my tranny but I think I can build mine three times for what I would have paid in shipping on top of the build lol. Iowa is a little far away. I guess georend bros (spelling) could have built it. I had a customer/installer of theres help me out so it better hold....... Glad too see you tearing into the lml trans so ppl can have a strong tranny in the new trucks.

VinceGU05

duramax lover downunder
May 20, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
you guys are worried about shipping costs? i just received my trans from Mike after it flew 8000 miles. $1200.
the further away from Mike the cheaper it gets :rofl:

Harbin_22

Dec 4, 2010
Southern Indiana
If I wasnt such a tight ass I would have had mike build my tranny but I think I can build mine three times for what I would have paid in shipping on top of the build lol. Iowa is a little far away. I guess georend bros (spelling) could have built it. I had a customer/installer of theres help me out so it better hold....... Glad too see you tearing into the lml trans so ppl can have a strong tranny in the new trucks.

Shipping stuff freight is usually under $200 if you shop around a little. It is alot safer shipping freight vs UPS or Fedex crap too.

nar

Now with less _
Feb 7, 2008
Wyoming
I think it needs tested on a heavier towing truck. I happen to have one that fits that description. ;)

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
Do you tow heavy with it?

If you're trying to make a point Bob, make it and stop ***** footing around. The pressure stays at 145 psi and spikes to 290 psi on the shift for a spit second. Then drops to 145 psi. That will not raise temps hardly at all. This is not done electronicaly. I can also control pressure and keep it constant if I wish electronicaly for hot rodding.

Bobo

Aug 27, 2006
If you're trying to make a point Bob, make it and stop ***** footing around. The pressure stays at 145 psi and spikes to 290 psi on the shift for a spit second. Then drops to 145 psi. That will not raise temps hardly at all. This is not done electronicaly. I can also control pressure and keep it constant if I wish electronicaly for hot rodding.

WTF? I'm asking a question....not making a point.

I have a customer that tows heavy with his LML tuned. He's worried about his Trans. I'm going to have to fix it soon, and he don't need it to overheat.

So have you towed heavy with the Trans mods so I can tell him it will not get hot? I can tell him it shouldn't get hot, but I don't think he will do it unless I say I know it will be fine. Or I can tell him the angry old man on the Internet wants you to call him. He cries real easy, so can you try and be nice if he calls you?

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
WTF? I'm asking a question....not making a point.

I have a customer that tows heavy with his LML tuned. He's worried about his Trans. I'm going to have to fix it soon, and he don't need it to overheat.

So have you towed heavy with the Trans mods so I can tell him it will not get hot? I can tell him it shouldn't get hot, but I don't think he will do it unless I say I know it will be fine. Or I can tell him the angry old man on the Internet wants you to call him. He cries real easy, so can you try and be nice if he calls you?

If you use this spring, you cannot use the stock clutches or converter as the lining will start to separate. The latest BW clutch material is not very good.
145 psi operating pressure is still way lower than the 230 psi in all previous Allisons so I don't see a problem. No I have not towed with it and be carefull which converter you choose as none out there work very well with this new truck.

Bobo

Aug 27, 2006
If you use this spring, you cannot use the stock clutches or converter as the lining will start to separate. The latest BW clutch material is not very good.
145 psi operating pressure is still way lower than the 230 psi in all previous Allisons so I don't see a problem. No I have not towed with it and be carefull which converter you choose as none out there work very well with this new truck.

Thank you.