My engine build thread

slowlmm

Mar 2, 2008
so cal
It's Alive!!!! :rockon: :driving: :dancenana: :chicken:

I fired it up at approx. 4pm today. I had a ton of help from several friends of mine. I couldn't have done it without them.

Also, I'd like to once again say thanks to Henry for all the pictures he posted of his build and all the specs he has posted in the GM Specs forum. Without them, this build would have been much more difficult. You're awesome Henry!

congrats

Dzlnut

Feb 27, 2008
Homedale Idaho
We charged the A/C in Josh's truck today, he has a couple hundred miles on it now. We lined up against each other for a little fun. I'm glad he was tuned stock even with inj. we were neck and neck. I suspect even with my twins installed here in a week , i will never be able to stay up with him. That truck is going to haul the mail at the track.

Last edited:

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
congrads Josh!!! Its an awesome feeling isnt it? :D

Now that is running awesome again and better than ever, dont you feel badly for all that swearing at it and kicking it while it was sitting in the driveway with no engine for 2 months?? :rofl: (thats the way mine was)

slowlmm

Mar 2, 2008
so cal
congrads Josh!!! Its an awesome feeling isnt it? :D

Now that is running awesome again and better than ever, dont you feel badly for all that swearing at it and kicking it while it was sitting in the driveway with no engine for 2 months?? :rofl: (thats the way mine was)

lol thts why im glad my trucks at jasons house be less dents to fix when its runnign again :rofl:

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Thanks guys. It feels really good to have it going again. I'm itching to throw a slightly larger tune in it to see how she does. I already told myself I'd put 500 miles on a stock tune though. At least I'm over half way there though.

:rofl: Just ask Steve how much I was cussing it yesterday afternoon right before we fired it up when we had 2 coolant leaks to chase down...

Gasuout

Johnny
Mar 20, 2008
Santa Ana , Ca.
Congrats on getting it going . A few leaks is normal .

Had a few myself . Fuel rail leaks on mine .

Funny thing was it was the rail lines I tightened myself . :eek:

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
It's running great. I did my 500 mile oil change last night, and threw in a little bigger tune. I'm hoping I can get it to the track in a couple of weeks to see what kind of times it'll turn.