Membership For DP

custom8726

Feb 25, 2008
Upstate N.Y
This thread sucks!! Way to much Drama over nothing, IMO... I have a bunch of thoughts on many post here but in the end who gives a sh!t.. Lets talk about things that really matter,, You know like racing, pulling, turbo's, girls :) etc, etc.......

P.S. I still like ya Ben :hug: :).......................................

Chevmeister

Big Dooley
Dec 3, 2010
Garnet Valley, Pa
This thread sucks!! Way to much Drama over nothing, IMO... I have a bunch of thoughts on many post here but in the end who gives a sh!t.. Lets talk about things that really matter,, You know like racing, pulling, turbo's, girls :) etc, etc.......

P.S. I still like ya Ben :hug: :).......................................

I agree if everyones done venting, bring on the girls. Get Ben some twins, and a couple turbos too.

Car RamRod

Right Meow!
Apr 12, 2009
Just west of Mobile, AL
Littering and...Littering and...Littering and...Littering and...Littering and...Littering and...Littering and...Littering and...Littering and...Littering and...Littering and...Littering and...Littering and...Littering and...Littering and...Littering and...Littering and...Littering and...(birds chirping...baby giggling)Littering and...Littering and...Littering and...Littering and...Littering and...Littering and...

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah

X2 Jason !

I will say I agree with most , most the big sites need to remember the site doesnt exist with out contributing members, the members should be first priority , and its a shame to turn the good deeds of others into a money making scam .

Chevmeister

Big Dooley
Dec 3, 2010
Garnet Valley, Pa
Damn; you're out of words? :roflmao: You ripped one of the biggest farts in this discussion.

I still have a ton I could say, but it's all dumb petty shit, and it doesn't change the facts. I'm gonna get on with my life now. Fact is since none of us own or control DP we could talk about it till we are blue in the face, it wolnt change shit. I'm pretty sure when we signed up there was a disclaimer saying any info posted became property of DP... Blah blah... As much as I hate where it went, I don't own it, and the tech I posted isn't much compared to what most of you put up. Not to mention I really haven't posted much, except a few things lately, since I left 4 years ago. As far as Ben goes, I said what I was thinking. I tend to do that every so often. I dont care what people think of me but someone running a business should.

darkness

Jul 15, 2009
vegas
Littering and...Littering and...Littering and...Littering and...Littering and...Littering and...Littering and...Littering and...Littering and...Littering and...Littering and...Littering and...Littering and...Littering and...Littering and...Littering and...Littering and...Littering and...(birds chirping...baby giggling)Littering and...Littering and...Littering and...Littering and...Littering and...Littering and...
smokin' the reefer

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
None of this is personal to me. I don't dislike Ben not one bit but what I am is disappointed that he will DEFEND Autoforums actions. That is what pisses me off. So that alone is why I'm bitching at Ben. Just want to make that clear I don't hate him,I've always liked Ben and he'd have to do something alot worse than that to be on my shit list.

Babyboy (faggot Chad) had the same idea years ago to turn on features ,additional PM space ,different username titles etc etc etc the exact same thing AF has done for a premium membership fee. As mods we shot it down.

Anybody with a brain new this was coming when Af bought the site. Thats what they do. I'm just surprised Ben jumped on board as IMO his actions imply it's OK which someone with his status makes others believe it's OK. IMO we've given them enough to make that site valuable for free now support them monetarily? Give me a break! The DP is going to continue it's down hill decline and is now there for all the suckers that are willing to pay for all the free valuable information that was given but in reality they aren't paying for information they're paying to get rid of nuisance advertisement as the real good tech is lost. I can't believe people are that stupid! Well , I don't know where my thinking is because they are. It's all bogus as the staff is just as dumb to buy in and sell it to the audience. That would never happen with a staff that really enjoys what they are doing.

The current staff there aren't there for the love of the sport or to share information or keep harmony and commodity as it use to be, but are hoping to get on the money train and be hired by AF.

Bottom line is who gives a crap I just can't believe Ben wants to be part of that group,I thought he was smarter than that. Nothing personal,I'm just taken back

GMC_2002_Dmax

The Still Master
If you offer someone a lifetime membership and the site goes belly-up at some point do the members get refund ? After all "lifetime" means just that.

If you are a lifetime member and say AF changes the terms of a lifetime membership what standing do you have ?

If I am Ben's age, mid 20's should I expect AF to maintain my "lifetime" membership for the next 45-60 years, whose lifetime are we talking about ?

Bottom line is anyone foolish enough to pay for something that costs nothing is truly a fool.

AF really understands the young crowd and how easily they are sucked in, IMHO they screwed up and could have gotten way more, all they should have done is made them all individual apps, charged everyone for each feature a-la-cart and then they could have really sucked in all the fools. They could have apps for everything, take away the subscribed thread and email notification, make it an app, take away the PM ability for non premium members and signatures unless you pony up.

I would have charged a smaller amount and made it a yearly renewal, keep that income stream coming year after year. Once you suck people in with the bait, give them a taste they can't do with out it............kind of like welfare, suck them in and keep them under your control.

Hell I would pay good money to have a bunch of 20 year old's tell us old timers how it is.................:rofl:..................you know how us old timers with life experience and the fact we were around at the start don't know shit from shine'ola.

Poor, Poor Little "CHADDY" is probably up every night staring at the ceiling, he lost his DP chance for a home run and his mommy cut his purse strings soon after. IMHO it couldn't of happened to a nicer guy, I just hope him and his husband are happy in Seattle............:hug:

Did he send you a Xmas card Mac ??? I know I didn't get one from him or "little nicky"..............:mad:

9W3-HD

Just another Duramax dude
May 29, 2009
Fort Collins COLORADO
I think Trent said the key word "scam" thats basically what it is, if your foolish enough to fall for it well...it more than likely won't be the last time you get taken.

Philtopgun

Nice n Easy
May 5, 2007
Edmond,OK-still a Texan
Dang. I just start getting back into diesel websites and walk right into another pissing match.

It's ironic if in fact Dave's (blksmoke) post resulted in the pm to the staff at TruckStop.

Dave is not even a staff member there.

WOW! havent seen this avatar in a loooooong time! nice to see you around again!