Membership For DP

TIM Z

Screwed by 0087s
Jan 17, 2009
Navarre, OH
Wow, I havent been on the DP in over a year cuz that place went down like a lead balloon.

But What gets most of us i believe is that it was cool and a great place to hang out at one time.

I am thankful for meeting/ talking with all you guys( and ladies) that posted over there , and bieng turned on to this great site which has none of the bull associated with that place.

Anyway its VERY sad , as is the way of the world that you have to pay for everything.

I appreciate all the help/tech/support that is given here, never will we have it this good anywhere else.

The DP can delete me as i will never pay to participate on that site.

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
Alright it seems as if I was misunderstood, or I misspoke, gave the wrong idea with my posts...I should have just kept my mouth shut and not weighed in on either side...I apologize for that. If I have made any enemies JUST from the posts that I made in this thread, im sorry...I obviously cant take those back, and if any of you want to change your opinion of me for better or for worse than thats your own decision and Im not going to hold a grudge or disrespect you because of it.

I just want to make it clear that when I say I get lots of PM's and need a bigger PM box, its not because im being a dick and flying under the radar with vendor stuff. I generally get, on average, 3-5 PM's every day about various questions that people either couldnt find the answer to a question, didnt want to wait around for an answer/too lazy to make a new thread, or people who simply dont know how to use the search feature.

My PM box at DP has basically been 90-99% full for 5 years. Many of the PM's I cant/dont want to delete because they have important and/or valuable information from people that I like to keep as record (which would be lost in formatting if I did the 'download to XML or text file' thing) or reference. Its not like its 99% full of "hey I had another question on a nav unit install" PM's. :)

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
If my math is right and given that I saw a 2.5TB drive on sale for $55 on Newegg the price is $ 0.022 per GB.

Wow! That's good price!

Here's a little perspective, posts and PM's are simple ASCII text.

If you could type 120wpm, 24/7/365, it would take you over 3 years to use 1 GB.

And you still would probably not catch up to Kat in post-count...:postwhore:

BudTX

Edjumacated Redneck
Apr 8, 2007
MO
Dang. I just start getting back into diesel websites and walk right into another pissing match.

It's ironic if in fact Dave's (blksmoke) post resulted in the pm to the staff at TruckStop.

Dave is not even a staff member there.

Dec 2, 2006
TN
OMG guys get over it already. Its going to be the same as it was before, only now you have the option to get rid of the ads if you pay. Diesel Place is HUGE. It costs big money to run. They are in the business TO MAKE MONEY. They get this money via advertising or paid memberships. I assume most of you people work for a living or, own your own business. Do you pay for advertising? Do you advertise your business? Do you give shit away for free and say "oh thats ok, we're all a big family so it doesnt matter"?? No I didnt think so.

I bet none of you people complain about your 100 dollar/month cable bill, and YOU STILL GET BLASTED WITH ADS. If you pay the 25 dollars a year on DP you get rid of the ads and you get a big PM box. And dont any of you guys whine about 25 bucks. I know you've all got that in spare change under your couch at this very moment.

stop contorting it and making it out as if "OH THEY ARE FORCING IT ON ME, WTF THATS NOT COOL, STUPID DP BEING STUPID DP AGAIN TEEE HEEEE HEE lets go over on mcrats forum and giggle about it!!!"

If one more person starts an immature high-school-girl DP bashing thread, im going to lose it I think, seriously. It was funny like 4 years ago when this forum started...right now its just old. :joker: ;)

rant off. :rolleyes:

ben

And how many threads have you made whining an bitching about the same guy and Randy that you now so think are "ok". Whats the deal Ben?

You're right, you bitch a lot:

http://duramaxdiesels.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23862
http://duramaxdiesels.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24144
http://duramaxdiesels.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12903

..... just for starters, not including your posts. Yes we're all guilty, but your the wise one that paid them to ban you a little later on AGAIN.. Maybe your $25 changed their mind? :thumb:

I think Henry hit the nail on the head about the Vendor situation...

You want to say immature, you post like a 16 year old girl. Read you posts, you'll see for yourself.

I dont think hes that big a douchebag. Come on nick, blksmoke 100% provoked that response. He tested him (stew) and pushed his buttons, JUST to get the above response JUST so he/you could post it over here...

its like propaganda kind of in reverse...you twist and contorting things to make things appear just as YOU want them to.

Im not trying to start an argument, and im not sticking up for Diesel Place...let me make that clear. Im just telling everyone to grow up, and if you really care about this site (Duramax Diesels), stop cluttering it up with worthless unproductive BS...like these DP bash threads.

I know ive posted threads complaining about DP, but that was for a legitmate reason, I got banned for something that was actually ridiculous (not just banned for saying "DP SUCKS YOU GUYS ARE LAME), and I didnt get banned because I was trying to get banned.

ben

I heard about the change of heart Ben had for the DP just keep answer your darn cell and you emails and pm's and you would not need to pay them but its cheaper then the vendor fees there.

^ Exactly.

Mackin made a excellent post. I'm glad I'm not the only one that sees whats going on over there.

I will say this, YOU DON'T KNOW EVERYTHING. I actually laughed when I read your post saying on the costs of running the DP. You are far off my friend...
I see you're ultimate web abilities got you this:

http://btdieselworks.com/Home_Page.html

I would say have Randy help you as he's a little more talented, but his is a very sad story itself.

A domain name at ~$10 year, and I'm going to guess about ~200 - 300 monthly hosting if a individual ran that forum. But I'm sure the all and mighty autoforums have there own servers and datacenter by now by how many sites they own. So the costs decrease dramatically.

pepperidge

Member Club 12
Jan 12, 2007
Slidell, La
What gets me Ben...is you defending DP's actions and throwing all of us under the bus that think those perks you now pay for should be free to the members... We were just making a point that what you now pay for should have been free...Pavlov's experiments of conditioned response comes to mind...they duped you into believing you needed to pay for that extra PM space whether its what some claim to be for hidden vendor purposes or not...

If your PM box was that full from helping their members so they could in turn make money off of your tech, then they should have gladly increased your PM box..Robs assessment of price per GB in relation to any additional cost to DP is spot on yet your false statement regarding costs of expanding PM's at DP defending them hung people you know out to dry...

now a sizeable group of guys, (if we/they ever visit there again) has to walk on eggshells...so now we can't try to help members not have to pay for even more stuff in the future by voicing our opinions...if we/they do, we will get the axe...

oh well...whats done is done...and it looks as if there is no turning back now...thanks for listening...

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
And how many threads have you made whining an bitching about the same guy and Randy that you now so think are "ok". Whats the deal Ben?

You're right, you bitch a lot:

http://duramaxdiesels.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23862
http://duramaxdiesels.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24144
http://duramaxdiesels.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12903

3 threads? One of them is from here, because simon was messing with my stuff, just for grins because he doesnt like me for some reason. The other 2, if you read what I responded to mackin....I knew what I said would make everyone jump all over me for "flip flopping" and really, I dont care. I wanted more PM space and this was the only way to get it. Whining and complaining didnt get it (I tried, I tried asking them for more PM space), whining and complaining doesnt get ANYONE ANYWHERE. So now they said "ok you can pay, and we'll give it to you". K fine whatever, ill pay. Because helping people out (by having a bigger PM box, thats what I needed to better help people out, because I like helping people rather than complaining about something I have no control over) is more important to me than my "online pride" and "damning the man (dp)" and "standing up for what I believe in terms of forum politics" and "cutting off my nose to spite my face".

All I can think of here are the protesters that walk through the streets holding up their big signs, thinking they're gonna change the world, because they are "standing up to the man".

Yes we're all guilty, but your the wise one that paid them to ban you a little later on AGAIN.. Maybe your $25 changed their mind? :thumb:

what do you mean I paid them to ban me? :confused: I havent been banned in a while, and I havent been banned since I paid...that was only 2 days ago.

I think Henry hit the nail on the head about the Vendor situation...

I wasnt able to make sense out of what henry was saying??? :confused:

You want to say immature, you post like a 16 year old girl. Read you posts, you'll see for yourself.

I have more friends than I do enemies. If you dont like me than...well...ok...whatever. If I ever need you for something or need your help I wont bother asking because you obviously dont like me. :thumb:

I will say this, YOU DON'T KNOW EVERYTHING

Did I ever say I did? HAVE I EVER SAID I DID? No. So chill out.

I see you're ultimate web abilities got you this:

http://btdieselworks.com/Home_Page.html

Do you know anything about programming lockup controllers and tap-shifters? No I didnt think so. But do you care? No. Do you need the knowledge of programming and designing electronics to get through the day? No.

Point being, I have more business than I can keep up with without having to worry about building a stupid website. Im not a web designer and I never claimed to be. I dont ever make fun of you for not knowing about electronics design. Do I?

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
Do I need to post a GD screenshot of my PM box so you people will leave me the hell alone????? I dont rob the system on any forum that Im not a vendor on, and if someone contacts me out of the blue, I tell them to contact me here on duramax diesels WHERE I AM A PAYING VENDOR.

ripmf666

Sep 20, 2006
Wentzville Mo
Do I need to post a GD screenshot of my PM box so you people will leave me the hell alone????? I dont rob the system on any forum that Im not a vendor on, and if someone contacts me out of the blue, I tell them to contact me here on duramax diesels WHERE I AM A PAYING VENDOR.

Ben it would help if you added your contact info to the site here for people to be able to try and call you when they can not get you by email or pm. I had to give out your cell number the other day and I have had a few people wanting your boxes but there about to give up since you have not got back to then and your not answering them.

Dec 2, 2006
TN
3 threads? One of them is from here, because simon was messing with my stuff, just for grins because he doesnt like me for some reason. The other 2, if you read what I responded to mackin....I knew what I said would make everyone jump all over me for "flip flopping" and really, I dont care. I wanted more PM space and this was the only way to get it. Whining and complaining didnt get it (I tried, I tried asking them for more PM space), whining and complaining doesnt get ANYONE ANYWHERE. So now they said "ok you can pay, and we'll give it to you". K fine whatever, ill pay. Because helping people out (by having a bigger PM box, thats what I needed to better help people out, because I like helping people rather than complaining about something I have no control over) is more important to me than my "online pride" and "damning the man (dp)" and "standing up for what I believe in terms of forum politics" and "cutting off my nose to spite my face".

All I can think of here are the protesters that walk through the streets holding up their big signs, thinking they're gonna change the world, because they are "standing up to the man".

what do you mean I paid them to ban me? :confused: I havent been banned in a while, and I havent been banned since I paid...that was only 2 days ago.

Maybe I worded that wrong. You pay to access a site that you have been banned on NUMEROUS times and they repeatedly smack you in the face. So, I'm saying, maybe your $25 will sway Mr. Hack's ban hammer the other way? I don't know, only the dick himself will know that. But, when the ban hammer comes again (which it will), what is that extra PM space going to do for you? Hell, you never answer no ones PM's anyway.

I wasnt able to make sense out of what henry was saying??? :confused:

I have more friends than I do enemies. If you dont like me than...well...ok...whatever. If I ever need you for something or need your help I wont bother asking because you obviously dont like me. :thumb:

It's not that I hate you, I'm stating my point on how you did "flip-flop" and continue to kiss the DP's ass while they continue to shit on you.

Did I ever say I did? HAVE I EVER SAID I DID? No. So chill out.

You're posts sure do come across like that, basically anybody is stupid that questions you. I'm pretty certain I'm not the only one that sees that.

Do you know anything about programming lockup controllers and tap-shifters? No I didnt think so. But do you care? No. Do you need the knowledge of programming and designing electronics to get through the day? No.

I do program Ben. You don't know what all I do. Yes, you are a talented guy, no doubt about it.. No I don't need to know how to program lockup controllers....Not on my stock truck at least.. :D

Point being, I have more business than I can keep up with without having to worry about building a stupid website. Im not a web designer and I never claimed to be. I dont ever make fun of you for not knowing about electronics design. Do I?

No, my point being is don't speculate on how much it costs to run the DP as you don't know. That's like me telling you how to build a lockup box.. Same principle applies.

Stupid Website? Think realistically here Ben, you could spend more time during the day playing with your lock up boxes instead of taking a guys credit card, shipping info, etc over the phone when you could have it all automated and you stick it in the box with some instructions. That would also reduce the # of PM's saying "How do I order? ", that solves a few issues huh?

So now im being placed in the same boat with/compared to Randy. Ok right.

..............Reply in Red...............

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
If anyone can stand going on DP for at least 5 seconds, I would like to direct your attention to this thread:

http://www.dieselplace.com/forum/showthread.php?t=410137

I was an idiot, I was wrong, I looked stupid...AND I FULLY ADMITTED IT. So before all you guys bitch me out for being a stupid asshole whos cocky and thinks hes right all the time and can never do wrong, IM NOT and if you guys would stop being jumping on me and look around, you will find that when Im wrong, I do retract my statements and I do admit Im wrong.

I cant help but think half the people who do hate me, simply just hate me for things that I do know, yet they dont even think that while maybe I know a little about trucks, maybe theres other things that Im far behind on and am not very good at. Things in life that come to you guys naturally that I absolutely suck at and would laughed off the planet if I tried. One example, out of many: I was born with an eye-muscle disease and so I literally cant see "true 3-dimensional" like the rest of you can, and what that means in real world is I basically cant catch a ball/object to save my life. So next time I correct any of you guys on something truck related and you get all pissy and defensive because you were wrong and I called you out on it, just think "hey who gives a shit, he cant even catch a ball!!!!"

so there ya go. ok?

Dec 2, 2006
TN
If anyone can stand going on DP for at least 5 seconds, I would like to direct your attention to this thread:

http://www.dieselplace.com/forum/showthread.php?t=410137

I was an idiot, I was wrong, I looked stupid...AND I FULLY ADMITTED IT. So before all you guys bitch me out for being a stupid asshole whos cocky and thinks hes right all the time and can never do wrong, IM NOT and if you guys would stop being jumping on me and look around, you will find that when Im wrong, I do retract my statements and I do admit Im wrong.

I cant help but think half the people who do hate me, simply just hate me for things that I do know, yet they dont even think that while maybe I know a little about trucks, maybe theres other things that Im far behind on and am not very good at. Things in life that come to you guys naturally that I absolutely suck at and would laughed off the planet if I tried. One example, out of many: I was born with an eye-muscle disease and so I literally cant see "true 3-dimensional" like the rest of you can, and what that means in real world is I basically cant catch a ball/object to save my life. So next time I correct any of you guys on something truck related and you get all pissy and defensive because you were wrong and I called you out on it, just think "hey who gives a shit, he cant even catch a ball!!!!"

so there ya go. ok?

Ben, that was totally uncalled for. Seriously...

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
im not sure what you mean. why was it uncalled for? You guys all think im an ass who thinks hes right all the time and never wrong. I just gave an example of how thats not a true statement. I make mistakes and when I do, I admit them.

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
My PM box at DP has basically been 90-99% full for 5 years. Many of the PM's I cant/dont want to delete because they have important and/or valuable information from people that I like to keep as record (which would be lost in formatting if I did the 'download to XML or text file' thing) or reference. Its not like its 99% full of "hey I had another question on a nav unit install" PM's. :)

Ben, you could have always downloaded the important ones to your computer as HTML or text....put them in a file you have handy on the desktop. Just sayin'.

Im not blaming you for anything other than you didnt think through what your request could be used for.

Last edited:

Chevmeister

Big Dooley
Dec 3, 2010
Garnet Valley, Pa
Ben do you smoke weed? If not maybe you should start, I hear it mellows people out. You vent your anger about people giving wrong info and you get banned. These guys are just venting about how they dislike what the DP has become. Here speech is still free. And noone cares that you can't catch a ball, Im not to good at it either, and I can't program lockup controllers. I can however post smack on the Internet and get your blood boiling.
Ok my point behind this? I'd say 25% of current DP members are kids who would just post shit to start an Internet argument. 25% of the grown men and women over there will bite and argue the correct info till there mad enough to tear through a phonebook. Now you have good and bad info and a petty argument tying up a thread. Now they want you to pay money so you can see the good info you posted, along with all the other crap, but they will remove the ads so you only have 75% of the crap to weed through to find good info.

Just so you know I've always pictured you with a huge Charlie brown head, I'm sure your a cool guy but in text you come across like a tool with a big head. Relax a bit and don't let shit get to ya.

Breathe, breathe, 1-2-3-4-5 ok now you can fire off a reply.

Disclaimer: I don't smoke nor have I ever smoked weed. In my 30 years I only ever had one puff of a cigarette. Just not my thing. And while I think Ben is a tool he's one smart tool, and I respect his knowlege.