Max Effort Tuning LB7 vs LLY

PureHybrid

Isuzu Shakes IT
Feb 15, 2012
Central OH
Healthy cp3 is a big factor like you said. Hell mine made 530hp with stock sticks and LLY pump with 172k miles. But at the same time low mileage trucks can have trouble holding rail.

mike diesel

I'm alright.
Sep 6, 2012
SLC, Utah
Not to be a dick but your times don't back up the dyno pulls. Even then, on those rods it would be foolish to think that yours are a miracle set that would hold those numbers repeatedly.

I would guess you to be around 620rwhp, which is much more doable on a stock motor. :thumb:

I've already said my mph vs track times dont add up to what the dyno says..I'll be the first person to tell you that a dyno isn't accurate..113mph @7000lbs is 670 wheel horse. I'm simply using the dyno as an "abuse meter".

It seems like if someone claims any moderate power at all on a stock motor, they are liars. People are so stuck on 500 hp being a death wish for a dmax motor..

Your lmm motor isn't the only stock motor that has made good power...

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
The entire thread is a pissing match and people are only saying whatever is their favorite and giving little facts we all know everyone has their favorite let's just leave it at that.

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
The entire thread is a pissing match and people are only saying whatever is their favorite and giving little facts we all know everyone has their favorite let's just leave it at that.

My new favorite is the LML!!! FTW...

I lined up with HDDave yesterday morning and the new girl spanked his ass...:happy2:

coker6303

Keep Calm and Chive On!!
Aug 6, 2009
Houston, TX
I've already said my mph vs track times dont add up to what the dyno says..I'll be the first person to tell you that a dyno isn't accurate..113mph @7000lbs is 670 wheel horse. I'm simply using the dyno as an "abuse meter".

It seems like if someone claims any moderate power at all on a stock motor, they are liars. People are so stuck on 500 hp being a death wish for a dmax motor..

Your lmm motor isn't the only stock motor that has made good power...

I was very lucky, as no doubt you are too. I weighed a little more (LMM is heavier, gooseneck hitch, etc.) and I know my motor had to be hurting with all the street runs on that same 11sec tune. I always figured myself at around 650-670hp tops and I would never throw it out there like that's something to expect to repeat.

All I was saying is the 750hp dyno number is just rediculous. Good for bragging rights I guess. Not sure I know anyone worried at 550hp unless it's about a cracked piston on a LBZ/LMM. tuning plays a big role, but so does luck! lol

Meshanic and others are currently running 11's on pretty much stock motors as well as others in the past. It's doable, how long is a crap shoot. with a little weight reduction low 600's are there all day. 11's tend to be that turning point of push forward to a built motor or back off a little to save the stocker. :thumb:

catman3126

Ehhh?.... You don't say?
Jul 24, 2012
NE Oregon
My new favorite is the LML!!! FTW...

I lined up with HDDave yesterday morning and the new girl spanked his ass...:happy2:

I'm with you man. Ive only had my for 9 days and have only done just a small amount of non delete tuningand love it already. Whats not to love, they have big injectors and a decent stock trans, too bad theres no DSP5 but I'm fine with that I don't really use mine on my LLY anymore anyway. "Hot" all the time.

baggedLB7

Goer
May 1, 2011
Utah
Just to throw in another for the LB7 and yes I know about dyno numbers this is all in good fun.
LB7 stock internals and stock fuel. FTW:roflmao:

Attachments

• garage_attachment.jpg
    garage_attachment.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 48

fast03

Jun 15, 2008
Rancho Cucamonga
Look at Ken's list. LB7s and LBZs dominate it. There are only 8 LLYs on it.

Back on the old stock list, there were only 4 LLYs, and that list was also dominated by LB7s and LBZs.

Take that for what its worth.....;)

X2 even though I don't have mine any longer

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
It's so easy to bump any above the rest with basic mods and max effort tuning stock doesn't really matter to much to me.
I have had two lb7s because I got a good deal. Both high miles and cheap. And they have both ran fantastic.

diesel53

Sep 16, 2010
AZ
This thread went a lot further than I expected haha. good input though, no doubt.

I think some people forget each duramax version are impressive compared to the competition. We are just splitting hairs at this point.

My lb7 will remain the race truck unless this lly impresses me when I delete the egr and get it tuned.

coker6303

Keep Calm and Chive On!!
Aug 6, 2009
Houston, TX
This thread went a lot further than I expected haha. good input though, no doubt.

I think some people forget each duramax version are impressive compared to the competition. We are just splitting hairs at this point.

My lb7 will remain the race truck unless this lly impresses me when I delete the egr and get it tuned.

Don't be buttering us up over here... I see that dodge in your signature :mad::mad::mad: :roflmao:

wrcknkrw

Feb 21, 2008
roy ut
Is your LLY lifted like your LB7 is? It is a lot easier to go quicker without a lift. I went from lift and 37s to stock size and it was a whole different truck.

diesel53

Sep 16, 2010
AZ
Is your LLY lifted like your LB7 is? It is a lot easier to go quicker without a lift. I went from lift and 37s to stock size and it was a whole different truck.

Ya i know the added rolling weight kills alot of power. the 4.56 gears in my truck make a big difference in torque though. I may sacrifice looking cool to drop the weight. tires are the biggest issue with 120lbs per corner.

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
Ya i know the added rolling weight kills alot of power. the 4.56 gears in my truck make a big difference in torque though. I may sacrifice looking cool to drop the weight. tires are the biggest issue with 120lbs per corner.

Wow lol. My tire and wheel combo is 62 pounds a piece