lowered truck pics

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
I understand what your saying, but from the sound of it guys are running lowering keys with stock spindles and control arms. So either they are just dealing with poor ride quality or they have some other tricks that i don't know about. Because i know if i went lower than stock keys with the bolts out there wouldn't be any suspension left... :thumb:

Perception on good ride quality varies, I personally think mine rides great even on the bumpstops but I don't have same opinion as others. Some people are unhappy regardless and wouldn't even be happy driving a Cadillac.

minerigger

Dec 24, 2013
Casper, WY
Perception on good ride quality varies, I personally think mine rides great even on the bumpstops but I don't have same opinion as others. Some people are unhappy regardless and wouldn't even be happy driving a Cadillac.
Some very true words Sean.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
like Sean said, a good ride is very dependent on the perception of the guy driving.

I would pull the jounce bumps out and see how you like the ride at the lower level. you may notice a bit of floatyness from that though.

if its still rough, i need to know where you notice it riding rough (type of road, what your hitting, ect).

also need to know what shocks your running

the front end of my truck with a fabtech 8" lift has been lowered to the point my CV's are always level along with the tie rods. that said, i have no bump stops for the LCA in the way and i run a coil over. you wanna talk about a smooth ride but i have 50% up travel and 50% down travel at ride height. that means i have 6" of wheel travel till i bottom something out and 6" of down travel till my suspension is limited (this is alot more wheel travel than you will have). when you lower a truck like your doing, all these limiters change in the amount of clearance you may have and dependent on the roads you drive and how your drive, this can make the ride worse. This is why a cranked up truck on stock UCA can ride like crap too. you loosing suspension travel in one direction over the other.

04LB7yz

Aug 16, 2013
Way North Minnesota
My comparison in ride qaulity comes from how it rode previously at stock height. I am most definitely not looking for a Cadillac ride.. I drive a 3/4 ton truck I know its going to ride a little rough.

With the bolts backed out all the way the truck would seem to be floaty like the suspension was raising to easily and then slamming back down. It wasnt horrible unless you were driving on a road that had a lot of dips and rough terrain like pot holes and such.

I am running bilstein 5100's in all 4 corners at the moment and they seem a bit stiffer than what was in there (I am assuming stock).

I will try removing the jounce bumps and see what it rides like, is there anything that could get damaged without them in?

I also have large traction bars on the rear that do not help much with the ride qaulity...:roflmao:

Chad006

Drag racer wannabe
Feb 12, 2015
Goodlow, B.C.
Hey guys I just pulled the lift outta the Lmm yesterday and returned it to stock height with overloads removed yesterday. I like running with the bolts in about 10 turns. I was running 33" toyo at2's on mazzi hulks with -25 offset. Just wondering what size tires you guys figure I can clear with the -25 offset? Here's what it looked like before. I'm leaning towards a toyo proxe or equivalent be running at the track lots so traction is big for me.

Last edited:

mvetting

Nov 24, 2013
Hey guys I just pulled the lift outta the Lmm yesterday and returned it to stock height with overloads removed yesterday. I like running with the bolts in about 10 turns. I was running 33" toyo at2's on mazzi hulks with -25 offset. Just wondering what size tires you guys figure I can clear with the -25 offset? Here's what it looked like before. I'm leaning towards a toyo proxe or equivalent be running at the track lots so traction is big for me.
I'm guessing you are on 20s? I think either 285/50R20, 295/45R20, or 305/50R20. Even with a realitively small tire (~30" dia range) you may still have rubbing problems.

Sent from my LGUS990 using Tapatalk

jeremy.c.may350

May 28, 2016
I am looking at getting a 3/5 drop kit, but haven't had any luck finding shocks to match this. What's the trick?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk