lowered truck pics

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
6400 seems kinda heavy for a rclb, my ccsb is 6750. honestly i don't think the weight between a crewcab, excab and regcab matters until you really get into the high hp numbers where weight reduction is super critical. not to mention i hate longbeds more then anything.

Harbin_22

Dec 4, 2010
Southern Indiana
6400 seems kinda heavy for a rclb, my ccsb is 6750. honestly i don't think the weight between a crewcab, excab and regcab matters until you really get into the high hp numbers where weight reduction is super critical. not to mention i hate longbeds more then anything.

Depends on how serious you are about time/mph. Brian's truck is making about 20hp more then my truck was, according to hp calculators. He went 9mph faster and 0.7 faster then me with similar power. About every 150-200#'s will gain a tenth and a mph or a little more. The weight difference was running mid 11's or 10's

03spoolindmax

Nov 9, 2011
Mi
It should be every 100lbs equals a tenth of a second. 1000lbs should be a second. My ccsb weighed 7350 with 33s and a 6" lift. Maybe the scale at work is off. I'll try and find a cat scale near me and see what that says.

Antiher03

Nov 10, 2013
Utah
Are any of you guys running the shackles from local auto stores?

Are any of you having problems with them?

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
It should be every 100lbs equals a tenth of a second. 1000lbs should be a second. My ccsb weighed 7350 with 33s and a 6" lift. Maybe the scale at work is off. I'll try and find a cat scale near me and see what that says.

.1 per 100lbs is for cars, for our trucks like Kyle pointed out its sicnificantly more weight to gain the same.

TLyons90

Apr 22, 2013
Greenville, SC
gotta say i hate NBS trucks but yours is fawkin beautiful, and ive yet to see anything remotely close to what you did to yours.

in all seriousness are you after a RCLB for the weight transfer and overall weight of the truck or just because it would be cool to have a RCLB? i doubt an excab is that much more then a reg cab as far as weight, or atleast not enough to make a differnece.

:hug: thank you!

My truck last time at a scrap yard weighed right at 6500... So not all about the weight reduction... More or less having a RCLB and usually you can find them for a decent price compared to others!

extrem09lmm

Oct 4, 2011
Stuart, Florida
3" shackles out back and the rear overload leaf removed... Front is barly adjusted just enough that my cvs are barly negative and level on each side measuring from the ground to the bottom of my front fenders... I have 1 1/2 wheel spacers in the rear as well and they seem to of stuck out more in the rear now then the front so I got a set of 1/4 for my front and they are pretty spot on now! :thumb:

With the spacers you have now can you see any difference between the front and the rear. If not them im going to order the 1 1/4" spacers since I have a larger offset. Also what shocks are you running in the rear im having trouble finding a set that will work and do you have any shims or any vibrations from the shackles and overload?

TLyons90

Apr 22, 2013
Greenville, SC
With the spacers you have now can you see any difference between the front and the rear. If not them im going to order the 1 1/4" spacers since I have a larger offset. Also what shocks are you running in the rear im having trouble finding a set that will work and do you have any shims or any vibrations from the shackles and overload?

I would personally go with the 1 1/4 spacers! My shocks are still the stockers but because I have the caltracs they can never fully compress. I will be switching them when the time comes to the ranchos!

extrem09lmm

Oct 4, 2011
Stuart, Florida
I would personally go with the 1 1/4 spacers! My shocks are still the stockers but because I have the caltracs they can never fully compress. I will be switching them when the time comes to the ranchos!

Ok ill order those tomorrow. Oh and I cranked my keys down today and i cant get the CVs below level.. I have the passenger bolt out and the driver bolt maybe a quarter the way in and I have a slight upward angle on my CVs... I looked and from what I can see my keys are black is there a diffrent key i should use?

Anthony@SunCoast

Apr 14, 2012
Destin, Fl
Looks just like mine :)

Did you completely remove the torsion bar bolts or just lower both all the way down?

They are still in there just as low as they go and stay in there cv's have a tad bit negative angle.
And Mine are purple keys for sure. I bought them at the dealership, It had green keys in it from the factory.

Dirtymaxx07

Jan 15, 2013
Bump for more pics!

Ill start, got my over load out and my djm 3" lower control arms on. Now just need some air bags for towing lol.

IMG_20140131_175458.jpg