LLY: looking for some help

ChevyDieselLLY

Whats A Budget???
Apr 1, 2008
MI, NC, now Hawaii
Well we found out I put the reluctor wheel for the crank on wrong...stupid me. Excpet now she doesn't show any RPM when we try to start it and my key won't do anything we have to jump it from the starter...

ChevyDieselLLY

Whats A Budget???
Apr 1, 2008
MI, NC, now Hawaii
When I turn the key forward like I'm going to start it nothing happens and everything just turns off. But if the key is in the running postions everything is on power wise. Not sure if I explaned that right...

rgullett83

Oct 27, 2008
Illinois
check your relay, and the wire that goes to the solenoid, comes down the front of the motor if i recall. So maybe check that since you just had it apart.

dearthr

Mobile Chernobyl
Apr 12, 2010
I had a similiar issue. Put a test light on the crank fuse. It should light when you turn the key over. If it does not, then you have a bad ignition switch or it is not indexed correctly.
If it is good, pull the starter relay, and put the test light in the Forward Passenger side hole for the relay. Turn it over again. If it fails to light up, the problem is the NSBU. This was the case for me. I had a pin pop out slightly, and with the switch installed in the truck, I couldn't see it. When I pulled the switch out, it was obvious. There are 2 pins on the NSBU that could cause this same problem. You would want to check a diagram to figure it out. My LB7 has a 2 plug switch, so it is a little different.

If your test light has power on the starter relay and the truck doesnt run, then check your INJ A fuse under the hood. It sends power to the AFT Passenger side hole on the starter relay. If the NSBU switch says that the tranny is in neutral, it energizes a contact in the starter relay which closes the loop between the INJ A fuse and the starter.

If everything has worked thus far, and you haven't solved the problem, hook up a continuity tester (usually a function on a multimeter) to the Forward Driver hole for the starter relay and put the other end on the exciter wire on the starter (the small post). You should have a continuous unbroken wire here. If it does not have continuity, trace the wire from the fuse box all the way down the front of the motor to the starter.

If all these things check out, the only other cause that I've heard is that the ground has been burnt out in the TCM and you need another one...that has been LBZ trucks that I have heard that for though.

Good luck and if you have any questions Dustin can get ahold of me or call me at 757-477-2182

Thanks,
Robb Dearth

ChevyDieselLLY

Whats A Budget???
Apr 1, 2008
MI, NC, now Hawaii
Well after Dustin and I tired everything people suggested I felt it was time to try the dealer ship. Had the truck towed there wednesday and this morning they called and said it was ready to be picked up. Well I guess some how some pins had been pulled out just enough ad they rechecked all the computers and she moved under her own power for the first time in a year almost. But now we have to rebuild my turbo due to it leaking from the back. Just wanted to say thank to everyone who gave me ideas to try. And I can't wait for it to be on the road for good.

Big Angry

<--My idea of a good time
Sep 3, 2006
South Central Pa
Wow, that thing fought you the whole way, huh?
Bummer about the turbo, but glad to hear it's running again.
Hang in there, man. :thumb: